Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can pants be described as "tight" when they are located "near" a body, or just on "bones?"
Because if theyre spandex, stretchy tight fitting I think youd be able to say theyre tight. JMO

I think that today is the day and that will be know something one way or another.No other reason than just my own intuition.

Im probably in the minority here but I actually appreciate the thoroughness by LE and the ME's office, even if it takes a week or more to determine identity.

It means they are less likely to let a killer walk based on a mistake or technicality.

Good Morning Zapped! All of the police agencies involved have done an outstanding job. They all know they are probably investigating one of the biggest cases they have ever had. They know at any moment Hannah's case could lead them in the direction of more victims of JMs.

We aren't even police yet most of us do believe there are other victims out there waiting to be found as well. No one is more mindful of that than these police agencies.

I believe once the full investigation is done on JM, which may take years to complete, they will find other victims even when he may have been in his teens. Imo, Jesse has been doing brutal rapes and more murders, imo, for quite sometime now. I think he had raped victims even before 2002-2003. I do not believe he laid dormant in the year of 2004 and took a year hiatus. Nor do I believe he murdered Morgan in 2009 and then stood down idle for five years.

A SK is classified as one if they murder two or more in separate events. So LE knows they are dealing with a SK. One who had done violent crimes for over a decade but was under the radar because his own DNA wasn't in CODIS.

I truly think that Chief Longo should be awarded the Top Police Chief in the Nation for 2014 on how he handled this case and stopped a SK in his tracks finally.

So it isn't just about IDing Hannah. So many complex things are happening and LE is totally aware of what they may find in any area they search.

At any moment they could uncover further evidence of other victims. And they know they must do this right and must be thorough and making sure anything found in the searches has a iron clad chain of custody.

The leafs are falling now leaving dead leafs on the ground which can cover up the tiniest piece of evidence they need. I admire these search teams and investigators totally. They have to get down on their hands and knees to lift the leafs up to even see what could be underneath them.

I truly don't know why it is taking this long to ID Hannah but whatever it is the ME does know and wants to get it right. So however long it takes to ID Hannah isn't a problem for me. They have their reasons for it taking this long and none of that is known to us.

The main thing is to make sure everything is done correctly so that it stands up in a court of law. We always see the battles between the forensic pathologists (MEs) in a trial.

The ME examining Hannah's remains knows this is a high stakes case and is proceeding with caution and due diligence. IMO

How can pants be described as "tight" when they are located "near" a body, or just on "bones?"

I've been thinking about this as well (new to this thread but not WS). IMO, the pants may be the type that "stretch" when put on and thus appear small/smaller without a body in them. From what I've seen in photos, that could apply to Hannah's pants, I believe. Or maybe the pants are just narrow at the calf/ankle and the officer misspoke?

The pants, BTW, are what makes me believe this is Hannah, though the time ID is taking is definitely bothering me. Could it be that her pants were left there and her body moved or that the pants washed downstream or something?

I'm a bit confused - there are 3 houses pictured here so which is it?

Also, off topic, but does that Joe McDaniel have a typical VA accent? And also do you guys pronounce Graham as "gram" (In England its Gray - um)

Yes, here in VA, and probably most of the U.S., we pronounce it "gram."

Also, off topic, but does that Joe McDaniel have a typical VA accent? And also do you guys pronounce Graham as "gram" (In England its Gray - um)

Hannah Graham rhymes with anagram in Virginia. I was surprised when I first heard her name reported.

From aerial photos, you can see the two that police put crime scene tape around. There's the main house and a smaller cabin nearby. By the way the tape is arranged, it appears the site is behind the cabin. You can see that house and cabin at:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3193-Old-Lynchburg-Rd-North-Garden-VA-22959/79003608_zpid/

Accents can vary a lot depending on the area of Virginia. I'm in the western part and my brother-in-law was from the Richmond area. He sounded entirely different. Everybody I know does pronounce "Graham" as "gram."

Yes, here in VA, and probably most of the U.S., we pronounce it "gram."

I still pronounce it gray-um, but with this southern drawl it comes out sounding like gram regardless. :gaah:

Glad Im not the only one who noticed the hannah graham anagram connection. I refrained from posting it earlier because I didnt want to make light of her disappearance, but now that shes hopefully been found, it is a little odd.

Like a character in a detective novel.

I still pronounce it gray-um, but with this southern drawl it comes out sounding like gram regardless. :gaah:

Glad Im not the only one who noticed the hannah graham anagram connection. I refrained from posting it earlier because I didnt want to make light of her disappearance, but now that shes hopefully been found, it is a little odd.

Like a character in detective novel.

Me, too! I kept thinking, is this real life or a Robert Langdon novel? If only... :(

If my husband had to describe an article of clothes, hairstyle, or jewelry, I wouldn't even be able to visualize it.

From aerial photos, you can see the two that police put crime scene tape around. There's the main house and a smaller cabin nearby. By the way the tape is arranged, it appears the site is behind the cabin. You can see that house and cabin at:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3193-Old-Lynchburg-Rd-North-Garden-VA-22959/79003608_zpid/

Accents can vary a lot depending on the area of Virginia. I'm in the western part and my brother-in-law was from the Richmond area. He sounded entirely different. Everybody I know does pronounce "Graham" as "gram."
JT90210 Thanks. Looking at the birds eye view, it's easy to see why the McDaniel house is now included with the cut area behind the cemetery adjoining the two properties.

Just marking my spot while pretending to be working.

If my husband had to describe an article of clothes, hairstyle, or jewelry, I wouldn't even be able to visualize it.

Exactly! Most men have trouble describing women's clothes-- the concept he was thinking of was "tights."

No ,on the typical accent. There is an accent but that isnt the typical one. The typical one is more like Sellers accent. Although his is slightly pronounced as well.

I think that today is the day and that will be know something one way or another.No other reason than just my own intuition.

Im probably in the minority here but I actually appreciate the thoroughness by LE and the ME's office, even if it takes a week or more to determine identity.

It means they are less likely to let a killer walk based on a mistake or technicality.

Today is the Candlelight Vigil at UVA, if they know it's her it would be appropriate to announce it, keeping in mind that LE is strategic in their announcements. However, if it's not her would it be appropriate to announce it prior to the vigil? I dunno...

I grew up in Michigan and spent the last 8 years in South Carolina, I pronounce it gray-um.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im probably in the minority here but I actually appreciate the thoroughness by LE and the ME's office, even if it takes a week or more to determine identity

Good Morning Zapped! All of the police agencies involved have done an outstanding job. They all know they are probably investigating one of the biggest cases they have ever had. They know at any moment Hannah's case could lead them in the direction of more victims of JMs.

We aren't even police yet most of us do believe there are other victims out there waiting to be found as well. No one is more mindful of that than these police agencies.

I believe once the full investigation is done on JM, which may take years to complete, they will find other victims even when he may have been in his teens. Imo, Jesse has been doing brutal rapes and more murders, imo, for quite sometime now. I think he had raped victims even before 2002-2003. I do not believe he laid dormant in the year of 2004 and took a year hiatus. Nor do I believe he murdered Morgan in 2009 and then stood down idle for five years.

A SK is classified as one if they murder two or more in separate events. So LE knows they are dealing with a SK. One who had done violent crimes for over a decade but was under the radar because his own DNA wasn't in CODIS.

I truly think that Chief Longo should be awarded the Top Police Chief in the Nation for 2014 on how he handled this case and stopped a SK in his tracks finally.

So it isn't just about IDing Hannah. So many complex things are happening and LE is totally aware of what they may find in any area they search.

At any moment they could uncover further evidence of other victims. And they know they must do this right and must be thorough and making sure anything found in the searches has a iron clad chain of custody.

The leafs are falling now leaving dead leafs on the ground which can cover up the tiniest piece of evidence they need. I admire these search teams and investigators totally. They have to get down on their hands and knees to lift the leafs up to even see what could be underneath them.

I truly don't know why it is taking this long to ID Hannah but whatever it is the ME does know and wants to get it right. So however long it takes to ID Hannah isn't a problem for me. They have their reasons for it taking this long and none of that is known to us.

The main thing is to make sure everything is done correctly so that it stands up in a court of law. We always see the battles between the forensic pathologists (MEs) in a trial.

The ME examining Hannah's remains knows this is a high stakes case and is proceeding with caution and due diligence. IMO

<BBM for Focus>

Ocean, I agree that CPD Chief Longo should be awarded Top Police Chief in the Nation for 2014 on how he handled this case and stopped a SK in his tracks finally... Wished other LE agencies' leadership would take notice and use Chief Longo's media management strategy and unique investigative skills as a template for other missing/murdered persons' investigations, now and in the future....

Imo, the remains discovered are those of HG, but she has possibly guided them to JM's ritual/burial grounds of others. I believe that once CSI arrived on the scene and began investigating, that a very dark and bleak painting of JM's history at the abandoned property quickly began to emerge for investigators..

Imo, his innocent victims/prey, were only items, objects, or chess pieces to stealth sexual predator; JM.. He was aware that the clues, left in his wake(ritual grounds/residue) weren't visibly obvious to the seasoned homicide investigator; 'love, rage, hatred, fear, evil'... because they can't be touched, seen, smelled, or heard..

Due to JM's traits, pattern of past criminal history and decade long violent acts against females, combined with his chameleon like ability to remain stealth. Imo, he was a very experienced predator. Like so many before him, JM became brazen and thought that he was invincible, and his trail of terror would never come to an abrupt end... Now that it has, the shards of the shattered vase will all be pieced together... jmo

JM simply underestimated the natural power of good over evil... jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members