Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they would not have spoken at the press conference today the way they did and cancelled all searches for tomorrow if they weren't 99.9% sure this was HG.

Except that now they have a crime scene to process, which takes resources away from leading the search, regardless of whose remains they've found.

It will probably turn out to be Hannah; I'm just not convinced yet. I hope in processing the crime scene, they find others. And I hope they look far enough from where the remains were found to do so. They could have traveled a significant distance down that creek bed, from some unknown location, with the heavy rains we had earlier this week.

Tonight's news
I added some more press as it appeared on the post above.
Coy Barefoot also has a post tonight you can read on Help Find Hannah facebook page
and this is new:

Chesterfield Lieutenant: Team sent with fresh eyes to find Hannah Graham
Updated: Oct 19, 2014 1:03 AM EDT
By Mike Valerio
http://www.nbc12.com/story/26823018...am-sent-with-fresh-eyes-to-find-hannah-graham

UVA students react to human remains found in search for Hannah
Updated: Oct 19, 2014 1:31 AM EDT
By Jade Hanson, Digital Journalist
http://www.wsls.com/story/26823035/...man-remains-found-in-search-for-hannah-graham

Remains found in search for U-Va. student believed to be Hannah Graham’s
By T. Rees Shapiro October 18 at 8:48 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...22d396-570a-11e4-892e-602188e70e9c_story.html

Does anyone know how far out vultures would fly and swarm an area to go back? Do they only stay in that area or do they spread out and hover further areas and then return?

Youve seen the terrain around Charlottesville?

Not trying to quibble as I greatly respect you opinion and input but just pointing out that 80 degrees in a dry climate is a LOT different than 80 degrees of sticky Virginia humidity that makes your clothes cling to your body and leaves you feeling like you need a shower after only 5 minutes spent outdoors.

Im sure that affects decay rates as well.

Yes. :) I live here. I've been wearing a long-sleeved shirt and jeans for the past two to three weeks. There really has been a remarkable difference in temperature and humidity since late September.

However, if this is Hannah, I suspect animals had more to do with her being skeletonized than weather anyway.

I apologize for being so blunt when discussing the remains of a beautiful young lady.

From everything I've read, it's possible that a body could be skeletonized in as little as 2 weeks. It appears that a warm, humid environment speeds up decomposition significantly. Scavengers will also apparently speed up the process.

With regard to her hair, Caylee Anthony is brought to mind--remember the "hair mat"? If Hannah's body were left in a creek bed that captured runoff, her hair could have possibly simply washed away in a storm after it had fallen off of the body. No skin means nothing to which the hair can attach.

So sad all around.

MOO as always, of course.

Caylee was missing from flordia in July ,was placed in a bag in an area that was flooded for weeks.

Dry creeks flash flood, water leaves pretty quick. vultures wont eat fresh food... It is cooler here I have not seen a fly in weeks. Bears and racoons wont eat anything too decayed ,first come or they are waiting until bugs and rotten flesh is gone and getting bones.

I am confused. Unless he used one of the cleaners that eats biological matter.

floral spandex pants and wasn't blood and her phone found with Randy Taylor

Yes, it was just a thought. several decades ago when I was a stupid kid I would take that route from Shipman (Where RTs trailer is located) when I had a little bit of grass on me and was paranoid about cops on 29 (I was young and stupid). Now I use it to avoid backups caused by concerts and games.

So was just thinking RT could have used that route to get into Charlottesville with her car and a body to get rid of.

I just don't understand how there could be no hair on or near the skull. Surely it would be in close proximity to the body if it were intact. The body being intact means animals didn't drag bits away. So where is her hair? Maybe I just haven't thought this through - but I maintain her hair must be found.

Perhaps you didn't follow the Caylee Anthony case? The ONLY reason her hair was still attached to her skull AFTER her skin had decomposed was due to the duct tape surrounding her head. And the person that found Hannah said it was completely skeletonized. And in a creekbed that could have had washes/animals

It was of great interest and discussion here and at Caylee trial. :moo: (think I'll go to the "light a candle for Caylee thread to thank Wolfmom and Tulessa... who have kept it going.... at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?217552-Light-a-Candle-by-Your-Computer-Tonight-3/page10)

I added some more press as it appeared on the post above.
Coy Barefoot also has a post tonight you can read on Help Find Hannah facebook page
and this is new:

Chesterfield Lieutenant: Team sent with fresh eyes to find Hannah Graham
Updated: Oct 19, 2014 1:03 AM EDT
By Mike Valerio
http://www.nbc12.com/story/26823018...am-sent-with-fresh-eyes-to-find-hannah-graham

UVA students react to human remains found in search for Hannah
Updated: Oct 19, 2014 1:31 AM EDT
By Jade Hanson, Digital Journalist
http://www.wsls.com/story/26823035/...man-remains-found-in-search-for-hannah-graham

is the sargeant dale terry that speaks in this video the same person in the interview giving details about the remains?

Even weirder: same last name as the owner of the parcel in question. (Though not an uncommon last name.)

Edit: The property with the house, not the one with the stream.

Yes. Very strange.

Caylee was missing from flordia in July ,was placed in a bag in an area that was flooded for weeks.

Dry creeks flash flood, water leaves pretty quick. vultures wont eat fresh food... It is cooler here I have not seen a fly in weeks. Bears and racoons wont eat anything too decayed ,first come or they are waiting until bugs and rotten flesh is gone and getting bones.

I am confused. Unless he used one of the cleaners that eats biological matter.

Wonder how much battery acid is in a car?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_throwing

"The skull is partly destroyed/deformed and hair lost".

I still think we have to take some of the things said from the SAR with a grain of thought. For all we know the forensics teams have uncovered a ton of evidence all over the area.

Wait a minute...hmmmm. Can someone verify where this photo is of the red car here? I recall about 2 weeks ago a photo was here on threads with discussion of someone carrying someone. The little white speck at about 2:30 in the photo... :gaah: I'm seeing things as that made me think of the photo of someone being carried that we were discussing 2 weeks ago here... Where was that photo from that we were discussing?

Youve seen the terrain around Charlottesville?

Not trying to quibble as I greatly respect you opinion and input but just pointing out that 80 degrees in a dry climate is a LOT different than 80 degrees of sticky Virginia humidity that makes your clothes cling to your body and leaves you feeling like you need a shower after only 5 minutes spent outdoors.

Im sure that affects decay rates as well.

Both of you have a good aspect to this. I lived in the area and VA weather is a "grand" experience, a few years ago it snowed on halloween. One time I watched it snow, rain, sleet and have a tornado warning all at once. The weather is so so so unpredictable, and terrible for those of us with curly hair. :gaah: However, I am re-reading some of these things I think that at the end of all of this we will finally understand. There are so many factors at play. It could be that this is where he is comfortable (obviously someone is) it's dark and creepy just off the main roads in this area. I guess you don't have to be afraid of serial killers in the dark when you are one yourself. I just want to say that this could be his dumping ground, this could also just be Hannah and he seriously screwed with her body in different ways than with Morgans (chemicals vs broken bones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member