Hannah Graham murder - Pretrial motions hearing: January 11, 2016

I think that JM got Hannah to warm up to him. I don't think she was under duress in the bar. I am not sure how he got her into his car. My guess is that they became "friends" and he offered to drive her to her apartment or to another party. She thought she could trust him. I think it would be really hard to keep a drunk person quiet in a crowded place, when you're drunk, you don't really have a filter.

JM is definitely a predator, and no doubt he zero-ed in on Hannah. But I do wonder if the killing was a spontaneous action.

I would think he wouldn't be buying her drinks in a public place and high-fiving witnesses if he were planning to rape and murder. He must have thought she'd willing have sex with him because she was so drunk.. (Just speculating... Not downplaying what happened at all.)

I believe in the 'what happened at Tempo' thread that the restaurant claimed she never entered the building? I'd have to go back to that thread and re-read to make sure (and I'm on my phone).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Given the Fairfax rape and conviction, I don't think Jesse was just hoping to get lucky with an inebriated young woman. IMO, I think it is safe to say he had an agenda.

The dogs did hit on Jesse's apartment. But I don't think Hannah was physically there. I think the dogs picked up her scent from Matthews clothing or something of Hannah's that he brought back to the apartment. JMO

ETA: Hannah was wearing a Citizen watch and carrying a pink cell phone. I wonder if these items have been recovered, and, if so, where? His car??? His apartment????

Some of the newer tweets from Laura French regarding what was revealed at January 11th hearing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lfrenchnews

I find it very interesting that he asked police if he could get his passport while they were doing a search. Nice try Jesse. Lol. He also wanted his wallet. You bet he did. Inside was a cigar tip that I believe was later linked to Morgan Harrington if I remember correctly.

http://wtop.com/hannah-graham-murde...on-jesse-matthew-in-the-hannah-graham-murder/

How police closed in on Jesse Matthew in the Hannah Graham murder 01/13/2016
The mulch pile

Former Louisa County detective Stuart “Buck” Garner and his bloodhound Shaker were called by Charlottesville police to help track Graham’s scent after her disappearance. Garner wrote: “I feel that something powerful happened here.”
In court Monday, prosecutors said they believe the mulch pile is where Hannah Graham was attacked.

Given the Fairfax rape and conviction, I don't think Jesse was just hoping to get lucky with an inebriated young woman. IMO, I think it is safe to say he had an agenda.

The dogs did hit on Jesse's apartment. But I don't think Hannah was physically there. I think the dogs picked up her scent from Matthews clothing or something of Hannah's that he brought back to the apartment. JMO

ETA: Hannah was wearing a Citizen watch and carrying a pink cell phone. I wonder if these items have been recovered, and, if so, where? His car??? His apartment????
His acquaintances had said at the time that he always tried to find the drunkest girl to take home.

I think his agenda was definitely sexual in nature...no doubt. Possibly I'm overestimating his intelligence by thinking he wouldn't want to be seen in public in obvious ways with Hannah with plans to kill her later.

JM is definitely a predator, and no doubt he zero-ed in on Hannah. But I do wonder if the killing was a spontaneous action.

I would think he wouldn't be buying her drinks in a public place and high-fiving witnesses if he were planning to rape and murder. He must have thought she'd willing have sex with him because she was so drunk.. (Just speculating... Not downplaying what happened at all.)

I believe in the 'what happened at Tempo' thread that the restaurant claimed she never entered the building? I'd have to go back to that thread and re-read to make sure (and I'm on my phone).

I think your scenario is possible. I don't think Hannah had any plans to hook up with JM, but I could definitely see JM thinking that she would. JM has likely hooked up with many women who he did not murder. Maybe Hannah said "No" and fought back and he went into a rage? It's also possible that he zeroed in on Hannah, decided she would be his victim, and then he used his "charm" to lure her into his car. Not force. In the Fairfax case, he attacked a woman in public but in Hannah's case, it was 10 years later, and he had plenty of time to change his method. Using force to abduct a woman surrounded by people is a lot more risky than becoming "friends" with her. JM putting his arm around Hannah is his attempt at doing that. When you're drunk, you tend to be very friendly and talkative....I don't think it is far-fetched at all to think that JM and Hannah were getting along.

It's also possible that Hannah was uncomfortable by JM but didn't want to "cause a scene", seem like a *****, etc.

http://wtop.com/hannah-graham-murde...on-jesse-matthew-in-the-hannah-graham-murder/

The mulch pile

Former Louisa County detective Stuart “Buck” Garner and his bloodhound Shaker were called by Charlottesville police to help track Graham’s scent after her disappearance. Garner wrote: “I feel that something powerful happened here.”
In court Monday, prosecutors said they believe the mulch pile is where Hannah Graham was attacked.

So prosecuters don't think Hannah was brought back to his apartment...

I would like to know more about what "he is going to f her up" (the witness account) means. Does that mean they thought JM was going to try to hook up (read: rape) with an extremely intoxicated Hannah? Does it mean they thought JM was buying drinks to get Hannah more drunk?

914515f7dd3805c81881c8202dddac81.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/lfrenchnews/status/686973852522528768

Affidavit:"Hannah had been drinking & intoxicated""There were misspelled words and most texts did not make sense"1:05am last snapchat @CBS6
12:25pm - 12 Jan 16

https://mobile.twitter.com/lfrenchnews/status/686962270732218368

Affidavit: 9/13/14 app. 1:15a As witness left restaurant, she told her friend, "he's gonna **** her up." #JesseMatthew #HannahGraham @CBS6
12:40pm - 12 Jan 16

https://mobile.twitter.com/lfrenchnews/status/686966114354630656

To my knowledge, no witness sees her or video shows her getting into Matthew's car. The last video shows Matthew and Hannah walking on the mall at 1:18 am at fourth street with his arm under her arm. They turned north toward Market street. A text from Hannah to a friend at 1:20 am said she was stuck downtown near ninth and 14th street. Five minutes later, Matthew's car was seen on video driving south on fourth street. It will be interesting to hear what the forensics show. All we know is that the DNA from his car was not blood but it never specified who that DNA belonged to.
Like · 1 · More · Today at 7:47am

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=726646584102790&id=490748677692583&ref=hl

1:25a 9/13/14 video from Norcross Station (apartments) captures vehicle matching #Matthew's traveling south in 300 blk of 4th st. SE. @CBS6
12:45pm - 12 Jan 16

https://mobile.twitter.com/lfrenchnews/status/686967221734764544

The mulch pile

Thanks for posting this. So, the guy on the mall wasn't the only one who was concerned about HG; two women went as far as to follow her into Tempo after realizing that she didn't know JM, but I guess they just didn't know what to do after that, how tragic. I don't think it was previously disclosed that there was video from a restaurant after HG and JW left Tempo, or that her last text was after she had already met up with JW. I hope we learn more during the upcoming hearing.

Hi Margarita --- I found this to be chilling. Never knew the scent of fear could stick around or even that there is a scent produced by fear. And how does a dog smell adrenaline? What horrors poor Hannah went through. If the dog is right, it means Matthew attacked very quickly after leaving Tempo with her. And mpnola, I thought the exact same thing you did about the witness. Unfortunately, her instincts about Matthew hurting Hannah were correct. I just wish she would have somehow delayed Hannah from leaving Tempo and told the bartender and LE her suspicions if she thought she was in danger. But witness may have reasoned that you can't blame someone for something that hasn't happened (yet). All I know is Hannah's folks must be heartsick knowing all this. The witness said that Jesse tried to high Five her. Gets me ill -acting as if he scored a touchdown, all along knowing he was going to violate and kill Hannah shortly thereafter. He's a beast.

I guess (bees and) dogs really do smell fear. :(

I find it very interesting that he asked police if he could get his passport while they were doing a search. Nice try Jesse. Lol. He also wanted his wallet. You bet he did. Inside was a cigar tip that I believe was later linked to Morgan Harrington if I remember correctly.

Interesting about the cigar tip. Would like to know more about this. Either I missed this information, or I just don't remember it.

There seems to be so much going on this week! I have, admittedly, been keeping up with Beverly carter's trial, so I need some info here. Why has info stopped? Has the court proceedings ended? When are they due back? Thanks for the info.

Also, this is a really good article!!!!

Lots at this article, can't help but think about his dog:

"As Charlottesville police announced their arrival, Matthew came to the door barefoot, with his pit bull barking inside, and asked, “What’s up?”"

He more than likely beat that that poor dog severly all the time, jmo. The viciousness of Morgan Harrington's murder, the broken bones she suffered, etc. Sorry, just talking out loud... I'm trying to remember if his dog ever came up in any of Hannah's threads. It wouldn't sureprise me if he was into dogfighting. Of course nothing would surprise me with him. Talk about one of the most violent predators...as EmmaRose said, "a beast".

There seems to be so much going on this week! I have, admittedly, been keeping up with Beverly carter's trial, so I need some info here. Why has info stopped? Has the court proceedings ended? When are they due back? Thanks for the info.

Also, this is a really good article!!!!

From the above link:

"According to Garner’s report, on Sept. 17, 2014, Shaker was drawn to a large mulch pile area, where trucks dump loads of chipped wood.

“I found a large volume of the missing girl’s scent at this mulch pile, possibly fear or adrenaline scent was present,” Garner wrote.

The next day, Garner said, his hound continued to focus on the mulch pile, and believed Graham left the location in a vehicle, because there was no evidence of her scent leaving the area.

Garner wrote: “I feel that something powerful happened here.”

In court Monday, prosecutors said they believe the mulch pile is where Hannah Graham was attacked."

No wonder Chief Longo was so emotional in those press conferences when he said JM wasn't cooperating and he was the last one known to be with her :(

Chief Longo, now retired, was the best of the best. We need more like him. His compassion never took away from his strength and determination to solve this case and find Hannah. I personally am having a hard time processing Hannah's last moments. I wish someone, anyone, would have 'had her back' that night. Poor Hannah. Prayers that her family will survive the unbelievable heartache they have been forced to endure.

Interesting about the cigar tip. Would like to know more about this. Either I missed this information, or I just don't

Lots at this article, can't help but think about his dog:

"As Charlottesville police announced their arrival, Matthew came to the door barefoot, with his pit bull barking inside, and asked, “What’s up?”"

He more than likely beat that that poor dog severly all the time, jmo. The viciousness of Morgan Harrington's murder, the broken bones she suffered, etc. Sorry, just talking out loud... I'm trying to remember if his dog ever came up in any of Hannah's threads. It wouldn't sureprise me if he was into dogfighting. Of course nothing would surprise me with him. Talk about one of the most violent predators...as EmmaRose said, "a beast".

http://m.roanoke.com/news/local/roa...fc8-2b17-5b7d-b56f-645e0075660e.html?mode=jqm

I remember everyone joyous when the cigar and news of the DNA linked him to MH. I really believe there was excellent police work on this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back