Hannah Graham: The Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the Orchard search posts, I almost didn't post this question, but I'll go ahead anyway.

I do want to know more about how the FBI can evaluate cell phone data. It's not just calls and texting that I'm interested in. We all know that apps on HG and JM's phones could have been tracking their locations that night (up until phones turned off), and may be saved on a server. They can create maps of their locations based on whatever Facebook or Yelp or other apps gather. I hope they're thinking of this. I assume they are.

Cell Phone info is one of the things LE looks at early in. Can tell them much. Emphasis on can. It may be part of evidence being held back until trial.

The police are searching Carter's Mountain Orchard area, which is about miles from Tempo on the Downtown Mall. Our family has been to Carters Mountain orchard many many times, and the road up the mountain to the top is paved but there is VERY thick brush/forrest on either side and any road that turns off of the main road is a dirt road. They are using S&R dogs.
https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh?ref=br_tf#!/ParkSlaybaugh

I wish we knew more about JM. It would help narrow down some search areas. Anything I do know doesn't help me in suggesting a search site above and beyond what others have posted. I hope those that know him well are being forth right with LE.

I wish we knew more about JM. It would help narrow down some search areas. Anything I do know doesn't help me in suggesting a search site above and beyond what others have posted. I hope those that know him well are being forth right with LE.
They mentioned int he presser that he liked to go fishing. The spot he was found on the beach is a popular fishing location.

I hope some people come forward with tips about where JM liked to fish etc, as suggested in the press conference today. Otherwise it's so difficult to know where to focus the search efforts, and they won't be able to continue with such manpower forever. :(

There's a small body of water on the other side of Route 20 from Carter's Mountain orchard..maybe a place JM liked to fish? It's close to Monticello HS. Just looking for clues about why they picked Orchard to search (twice). JMO

It bothers me that the sense of urgency is gone. I was surprised that an extradition team was not already on the ground in TX to bring JM back to VA & his attorney. If there was any sense that Hannah was still here, I think things would be moving more quickly. Evidence must already be proving otherwise.

Wasn't it reported at first that her phone was turned off soon after the "I'm lost...." text?

Matthew changed his FB profile picture and photos on Sept. 20. I wonder if he changed it, or did somebody else? It's now just a black square.

Matthew changed his FB profile picture and photos on Sept. 20. I wonder if he changed it, or did somebody else? It's now just a black square.
His # of friends was going up and down while he was on the run.

Seeing the Orchard search posts, I almost didn't post this question, but I'll go ahead anyway.

I do want to know more about how the FBI can evaluate cell phone data. It's not just calls and texting that I'm interested in. We all know that apps on HG and JM's phones could have been tracking their locations that night (up until phones turned off), and may be saved on a server. They can create maps of their locations based on whatever Facebook or Yelp or other apps gather. I hope they're thinking of this. I assume they are.

averagemommy, the FBI's cyber forensics capabilities as well as many other investigative resources are virtually unlimited.. Here's a few.. Go to their website for others..

FBI Computer Forensics Labs <see other fbi cyber forensics crime analysis units>
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/august/rcfls_081809

<sniped - read more>

Combined, our network of labs racked up some pretty big numbers during the year. The RCFLs and their examiners:

Processed 1,756 terabytes of data (a single terabyte is equivalent to the content of one large library!);
Conducted 4,524 forensic examinations;
Assisted 591 onsite law enforcement operations;
Trained 4,991 law enforcement officers in digital forensics techniques; and
Appeared in court 74 times to testify at trial.
And here a few more numbers: RCFL personnel examined 58,609 pieces of digital media of all kinds. The most popular types included CDs and hard drives (about 17,500 each); floppy disks (10,982); DVDs (4,310); flash media (2,548); and cell phones (2,226). Other items included digital cameras, GPS devices, and video and audio tapes.

But even more impressive than these statistical accomplishments were the important investigations these RCFLs supported. For instance:

The Miami Valley (Ohio) RCFL helped the Columbus Joint Terrorism Task Force investigate Christopher Paul, who eventually pled guilty to conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction against targets in Europe and the United States.
The Kentucky RCFL examined media seized during a civil rights investigation into abuses against inmates by Fayette County Detention Center corrections officers.
The Heart of America (Missouri) RCFL uncovered clues on a computer belonging to Lisa Montgomery, charged with the murder of a 23-year-old pregnant woman and the kidnapping of the woman&#8217;s unborn child.

During the PC, I heard Longo asking hunters to check their wildlife cams. I think read someone here recommend that!!

People need to search their properties and any nearby vacant or public access areas also noting if they smell anything gross

I you find the right thread (haven't a clue what number) you'll find a lot of us here were looking at and discussing his FB profile before and during when it changed to the black square. IIRC is was changed about 8pm

It bothers me that the sense of urgency is gone. I was surprised that an extradition team was not already on the ground in TX to bring JM back to VA & his attorney. If there was any sense that Hannah was still here, I think things would be moving more quickly. Evidence must already be proving otherwise.

I don't feel that at all. I feel that now JM is in custody, the search refocuses on FINDING HANNAH, as Chief Longo emphasised throughout the pc earlier. JMO

Is there a general discussion thread to alert others of breaking news in the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member