Hannah's Journey on 09/13

It doesn't seem that many things happened that night, into the morning was part of any plan. It was spontaneous, IMO. Whether she had an interaction with a drug and alcohol, was mixing hard liquor with beer, had taken some drug either willingly or not, I don't know if we'll ever know. :( She apparently was with one group of people, then split off to go to two parties, and was suppose to meet up with some of the people from earlier for the last party she never made it to. Why? I don't know. Maybe she had friends in groups of interest, and not many of them overlapped groups? I know she mentioned the ski club in her tweets, and seemed rather active with that group. Maybe one group was her roommates? Another some people from a class..but not a part of the ski club?

Sadly her actions aren't too unlike other missing teens we've seen. Especially when partying has been involved. The thinking becomes altered, and their actions therefore make no sense to those of us that aren't altered. JMO.

If I accept the times in the "black box" descriptions, then the blue lines showing her path of travel aren't. Instead, the (less logical) yellow line on the image here seems to be more accurate.

Could you add distances on there? From one point to the next?

Doesn't anyone find it odd for an attractive, seemingly popular Coed to party and/or barhop by herself all night? It seems odd to me that she is never with anyone on surveillance cameras. It seems odd that not one friend came to her aid when she was lost. Was she too incapacitated to use her phone to get home? Maybe she was going to meet up with someone else. Something just doesn't set right with this story.

From the Daily Mail article (with the map) bbm: "Authorities have said they do not know why she texted her friends at 1.20am to say she was lost near to the UVA campus - an area she knows very well - and said the new footage will change the whole focus of their search for Hannah.
Hannah was last seen by friends at Camden Plaza Apartments, in Charlottesville at 11.50pm on Friday night at a party with another male friend and police have said she was heavily intoxicated.
At 1.20am, friends waiting at a party for the student got a text from her saying that she was lost in the area around 14th and Wertland Streets, which is near the student's own off-campus home.
However, the new surveillance footage released on Wednesday places her half-a-mile away at the Charlottesville downtown mall just 20 minutes before the text."

I agree with those who think the last text sent could have been typed earlier and only sent at 1:20 - maybe she was looking for the party at Camden Plaza before she was seen there at 11:50?

I'm not really up with mobile technology and never text but how about this:

11:50 She leaves Camden Plaza and quickly loses her bearings and sends the text but doesn't get a reply because it isn't received by her friend until 1:20? (Do we know if the friend replied to the text or phoned her back?)

The only problem with this is why when she reaches Grady's at 12:46 she doesn't ask for directions/help that we know of.

Am I right that the police state she was highly intoxicated when leaving Camden Plaza at 11:50? And we have the statement from "Abby" at Tempo saying she could barely stand at 1:45.

Yet in between these times she was walking with a purpose/running, and apart from a slight stumble at Grady's (narrow path, big curbs, dark!), she doesn't appear any more than tipsy. This is a girl that has tweeted (IIRC) that she is a bit clumsy due to her height/long legs when sober?

I guess answer will come in time. I assume police have asked her friends involved not to speak out?

Sorry if this post is a bit messy. Just got many thoughts running through my head about this!

If she wrote the text about being lost at 14th and Wertland while looking for a party at Camden Plaza earlier, then found and was seen at Camden Plaza at 11:50, but the text was for some reason not sent or received until 1:20, she wouldn't have needed directions at McGrady's - at least not for that one party. I agree, it's very confusing. Other things I hope will come out eventually that I've seen mentioned: that she was at Camden Plaza "with another male friend" and that she was seen with a man at McGrady's.

I think we may never know why Hannah left the party and instead of going home like she said she went downtown. There's a period of time between leaving and the videos of her that is quite substantial for the distance travelled. Where was she before McGrady's pub? Again I think that's something we'll never know.

Yes blefuscu. ~0.5-0.7 mile and ~56 minutes. Grady's pub only ~15 minute walk away? Big dead zone there.

If I accept the times in the "black box" descriptions, then the blue lines showing her path of travel aren't. Instead, the (less logical) yellow line on the image here seems to be more accurate.

After that map was drawn, another location was found, which shortened the unexplained time a little:

http://www.wsls.com/story/26534829/police-searching-for-missing-uva-student
“Last time we knew she had been seen prior to this video, she was with a young man who she had classes with. They had just met on the street and went to a party," Charlottesville Police Chief Gary Pleasants told NBC's Today. "She left there at 12:15 and he did not leave the party.”

http://www.timesdispatch.com/upload...pdf_75be7b7c-120f-5bd7-8cfe-de6fab9f66a6.html

map.jpg

This party was apparently after the Camden Plaza party, and on the same street near 14th and Wertland.

Attachments

• 541a43b616f04.pdf.pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 27
The Daily Mail article said she was "with another male friend" at Camden Plaza and somewhere else I read that she left Camden Plaza at 12:15 (after being seen there at 11:50). Somewhere else I read that she was seen having a drink with a man inside McGrady's but I can't confirm that; the video only shows her alone and outside.

Anyway, presumably the police have spoken with the friends who saw her/were with her that night before she took off on her own. Presumably they know more than has been printed.

The Daily Mail article said she was "with another male friend" at Camden Plaza and somewhere else I read that she left Camden Plaza at 12:15 (after being seen there at 11:50). Somewhere else I read that she was seen having a drink with a man inside McGrady's but I can't confirm that; the video only shows her alone and outside.

Anyway, presumably the police have spoken with the friends who saw her/were with her that night before she took off on her own. Presumably they know more than has been printed.

I though she was refused entry to McGradys by the bouncer.. Did Longo not say that at the pc?

Looking at these statements again, I wonder if there actually were any other texts where HG said she was lost? It kind of sounds like the scenario of her being lost came only from that 1:20 text. I remember hearing that she had asked someone to come pick her up, but can't locate the source of that. It's been speculated that she didn't seem to be lost, and that aside from being extremely drunk, it wasn't logical that she wouldn't know where she was.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/parents-of-missing-university-of-virginia-student-fear-foul-play/
09/17
Longo didn't go into detail about the contents of the other text messages, but he said it didn't appear Graham was afraid.

"It suggested to me she wasn't familiar with where she was, but I didn't get a sense there was fear," Longo said.

www.wsmv.com/story/26558919/police-release-surveillance-video-of-hannah-graham
09/17
Investigators say Hannah sent multiple texts from her cell phone the night she went missing but would not go into detail about what those texts said, only saying one of them said she was lost.

"Hannah was spotted outside of the McGrady's Pub at a quarter till 1 Saturday morning. She approaches the restaurant, walks away and comes back. Then she even walks to the front door but instead of going inside, she walks away."
That's pretty clear - as is the video. I hadn't seen the full length one before.

Looking at these statements again, I wonder if there actually were any other texts where HG said she was lost? It kind of sounds like the scenario of her being lost came only from that 1:20 text. I remember hearing that she had asked someone to come pick her up, but can't locate the source of that. It's been speculated that she didn't seem to be lost, and that aside from being extremely drunk, it wasn't logical that she wouldn't know where she was.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/parents-of-missing-university-of-virginia-student-fear-foul-play/
09/17
Longo didn't go into detail about the contents of the other text messages, but he said it didn't appear Graham was afraid.

"It suggested to me she wasn't familiar with where she was, but I didn't get a sense there was fear," Longo said.

www.wsmv.com/story/26558919/police-release-surveillance-video-of-hannah-graham
09/17
Investigators say Hannah sent multiple texts from her cell phone the night she went missing but would not go into detail about what those texts said, only saying one of them said she was lost.

This is where it starts getting confusing. Since the first information about the texts was released on 09/17 and the following came out on 09/19, it seems that maybe another friend provided text messages that hadn't been seen yet by LE on the 17th.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html
09/19

From surveillance video police have found, it appears that Graham simply was walking in the wrong direction while trying to meet up with friends. Police detective James Mooney said that in her text messages to friends, Graham indicated that she was lost and disoriented, at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue.

Graham also indicated that she believed she was walking back toward her home when she was actually headed the opposite way, authorities said. She also texted friends asking for someone to come find her after she realized she was lost.

They're saying she thought she was on Main Street, but was actually on Preston Ave. How do they know that?

They're saying she thought she was on Main Street, but was actually on Preston Ave. How do they know that?

the garage she was running by on the cctv is on Preston, maybe it was around this time the text was sent?

I don't know - maybe they compared the time of the text with times she was seen on surveillance cameras. Although, this article says her last text was at 1:06, and others say it was at 1:20 (makes a pretty big difference because of when she was seen with JM), and there are also apparent discrepancies in the time stamps of some of the video cameras (I've read).

This is where it starts getting confusing. Since the first information about the texts was released on 09/17 and the following came out on 09/19, it seems that maybe another friend provided text messages that hadn't been seen yet by LE on the 17th.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html
09/19

From surveillance video police have found, it appears that Graham simply was walking in the wrong direction while trying to meet up with friends. Police detective James Mooney said that in her text messages to friends, Graham indicated that she was lost and disoriented, at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue.

Graham also indicated that she believed she was walking back toward her home when she was actually headed the opposite way, authorities said. She also texted friends asking for someone to come find her after she realized she was lost.

"Hannah was spotted outside of the McGrady's Pub at a quarter till 1 Saturday morning. She approaches the restaurant, walks away and comes back. Then she even walks to the front door but instead of going inside, she walks away."
That's pretty clear - as is the video. I hadn't seen the full length one before.

Isn't it interesting that Tempo put out such a detailed statement of that night, but McGrady's Pub said they were asked by LE not to make a statement? Maybe once JM was apprehended, it was okay for Tempo to release their information. But I don't think McGrady's has released anything yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back