Has your case been entered into NAMUS??

I came across a case on findagrave that (as far as I can tell) is not in NAMUS:
cache.php

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/162650577/gail-d.-skelton

Does anyone know about this case and if she is listed on any missing person's websites?
Perhaps she is under a married name but I could not find her or any more info. Her family has her listed as "Missing, Presumed Dead" on their family tree on Ancestry. According to records found on Ancestry, Gail Skelton married a man with the surname Garcia in Reno, NV on 5 Apr 1980. The date she is listed as "missing" is 26 Sep 1980. She had been previously married (in 1973) and divorced (in 1974) to a man with the surname Brewer. Perhaps she is listed missing under one of these married names?

Anyone in California want to pick this up and see about getting her listed in NAMUS?
I don't have a clue where to start or even how to find out if she has a missing persons report filed somewhere.
I'd like to make a thread for her but I don't think I can with only the findagrave info.

Gardener thanks for finding MP - Gail Skelton and bringing her to light, this is excellent work!

In one day we have a name and a face, and hopefully soon have her a thread and added to MP sites.

Wow guys, you are amazing! What a teamwork.

Wow guys, you are amazing! What a teamwork.

I agree! I'm constantly amazed by the awesome people here.

Here is another one not in NAMUS-- Annette Campbell Dodd, missing from Summerville, GA since Apr 1986.

Her family has a fb page for her: https://www.facebook.com/missingannette/

I have already started a thread for her with a historical newspaper article I found: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...te-Campbell-Dodd-26-Summerville-19-April-1986

I really don't do Facebook. Would anyone like to get on there and see if her family has tried to get Annette into NAMUS? You all are so awesome!

(This is another case I found through looking at Ancestry-- She is listed as Annette Timmons (her maiden name, perhaps?) and under death it says "Missing/Never Found").

I agree! I'm constantly amazed by the awesome people here.

Here is another one not in NAMUS-- Annette Campbell Dodd, missing from Summerville, GA since Apr 1986.

Her family has a fb page for her: https://www.facebook.com/missingannette/

I have already started a thread for her with a historical newspaper article I found: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...te-Campbell-Dodd-26-Summerville-19-April-1986

I really don't do Facebook. Would anyone like to get on there and see if her family has tried to get Annette into NAMUS? You all are so awesome!

(This is another case I found through looking at Ancestry-- She is listed as Annette Timmons (her maiden name, perhaps?) and under death it says "Missing/Never Found").

Has anyone contacted her family on their FB page? If not I will volunteer. They really need to transcribe those articles and flier then add whatever they can to her page. They really don't have much there except photos.

Thanks for doing that, Gardener. I had mentioned on another thread about going through ancestry and/or family trees, looking specifically for people listed as missing to see if we could reach out to the families to get the ball rolling. It appears you are doing it!

Thanks for doing that, Gardener. I had mentioned on another thread about going through ancestry and/or family trees, looking specifically for people listed as missing to see if we could reach out to the families to get the ball rolling. It appears you are doing it!

I'm trying to. So long as someone else contacts the family I will bring whatever I find here. The vast majority of cases I am finding on Ancestry are already well publicized and already have NAMUS and threads here.

Has anyone contacted her family on their FB page? If not I will volunteer. They really need to transcribe those articles and flier then add whatever they can to her page. They really don't have much there except photos.

Please do the contacting Roselvr. Thank you! :loveyou:

I'm trying to. So long as someone else contacts the family I will bring whatever I find here. The vast majority of cases I am finding on Ancestry are already well publicized and already have NAMUS and threads here.

It's finding that one or two that might break a long term John or Jane Doe case wide open.

Looking for some help from someone willing to contact family and get an MP into NAMUS. Family has a facebook page set up but there have been no posts there since 2017. Case was deemed "voluntary" missing by police in 2015 so I'm not sure if there is an official report or not. Please see more details in Karl's thread:
CA - CA - Karl Busch, 46, San Jose, 26 Nov 2012

Also, another of our members tried messaging the family on the fb to see if this UID might be Karl. Might want to message TatianaBarbie and coordinate/see if anyone replied: FL - FL - Male, 35-50, BlueGrey Eyes, S&P Beard, Hiking Poles, Boots, Tent, Big Cypress Preserve, Jul2018

Thanks in advance, for anyone willing to take this on. :)

I have submitted a lot of cases so far;):):p

Rita H. Fioretti missing from Bronx, New York 1986 <defunct link> needs entered too. Her thread on WS -<defunct link> Her ex cop hubby is already out of prison and she is not even in NamUs yet.
Missing Person Case

Rita is on Namus. I submitted her a while ago. I sent them the photo of her to put on the casefile.

Last edited by a moderator:
3/30/19
Effective April 1, 2019, the Maui Police Department will be uploading it’s Missing Person cases to the NamUs website, a national information clearinghouse and resource center for missing, unidentified and unclaimed person cases across the United States.

The public will be able to use NamUs to get updates on any Missing Person case. They will also be able to use it as a resource to locate unidentified or unclaimed persons.

As of this morning, there were a total of 111 cases within the state of Hawaiʻi that were uploaded to the site, at least 12 of them from Maui.

The Maui cases date back to 1995 when 15-year-old Noquisi-Ama Blossom was reported missing from Makawao. It also includes more recent high profile cases involving the disappearance of Moreira Monsalve and Carly “Charli” Scott in early 2014 and the search for Billy Oliveira, who went missing from Nāhiku in July of 2015.

The list includes the following:

Billy Oliveira (M) 39, of Nāhiku: Last contact: July 13, 2015. Case#: MP34387

David Janatka (M) 50, of Hāna: Last contact: Feb. 19, 2014. Case#: MP56215

Carly Scott (F) 27 of Makawao: Last contact: Feb. 9, 2014. Case#: MP23930

Moreira Monsalve (F) 46 of Wailuku: Last contact: Jan. 12, 2014. Case#: MP23732

Laura Vogel (F) 43: Last seen in Haʻikū: Last contact: Feb. 21, 2010. Case#: MP5315

Antonio Castro (M) 75 of South Kīhei: Last contact: March 14, 2007. Case#: MP1265

Robert Amaral (M) of Lānaʻi: Last contact: July 29, 2005. Case#: MP1282

Lee-Ann Lauaki (F): Last contact: May 19, 2005. Case#: MP1283

Astara Evenstar (F) 15: Last contact: Jan. 10, 2004. Case#: MP4274

John Madigan III (M) 52 of Pāʻia: Last contact: July 19, 2002. Case#: MP587

Priscilla Martinez (F) of Honokōwai: Last contact: April 21, 2002: Case#: MP1284

Noquisi-Ama Blossom (F) 15 of Makawao: Last contact: Oct. 18, 1995: Case#: MP4385

https://mauinow.com/…/maui-missing-person-cases-added-to-n…/

I created an account and have been searching the regional cases where I am. I am curious as to whether or not anyone else has noticed when looking at the maps that the locations of remains as well as the locations where individuals are presumed taken from are identical. Latitude and Longitude are exactly the same, and its in the middle of no where. I have found this across the board- Missing persons, unidentified and unclaimed individuals. Am I the only one seeing this?

I created an account and have been searching the regional cases where I am. I am curious as to whether or not anyone else has noticed when looking at the maps that the locations of remains as well as the locations where individuals are presumed taken from are identical. Latitude and Longitude are exactly the same, and its in the middle of no where. I have found this across the board- Missing persons, unidentified and unclaimed individuals. Am I the only one seeing this?

Map is new feature in upgraded NamUs system, unfortunately many had noticed map is not accurate or often pointing to random place. If there is location given in description of the case go by that.

Does anyone know what information you need to enter a case on NamUs? I tried to enter one but did not have the police case number and it was denied. I filled out everything that was a required field and all the information that I had so I don't know what else to do. Maybe if someone here knows how to enter one they could submit it for me?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back