Haunting Evidence: JonBenet Ramsey

Do you believe in these 2, and the psychic/paranormal evidence?

• Total voters
No, I'm not really a believer in the IDI coming in/going out of the window. Nor do I believe that spiders who live in/around houses do not spin webs during the winter LOL. And as for packing up their web for later use, well that's got me ROFLMAO.

I KNOW!!! I couldn't believe it either. I even grabbed my kids and let them watch it. It actually would take one leg and gather up the web, and then wrap it around another leg...I still can't really figure out how it did it. But, anyway...it was amazing to watch, and it just loaded the web onto it's back, and crawled under the awing. Type it into you search engine...I think there is some sort of video of one doing that. It was the strangest thing that I have ever seen. lol I was like...what the ........

Spiders may live IN a home in Colorado...in the winter...but, they cannot survive outside. Trust me...that web had been there for awhile on that window. It is just WAY to cold there....they cannot survive outside. There were other entrances to that home...there is no way that an intruder slid that grate back without disturbing that web, and no way that a spider spun a web on that exact window...on that exact night. I would believe that an intruder slid down the chimney, before I would believe that he crawled through that window.

Check out this youtube video of a spider taking it's web down..
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkILnPfs6Ck[/ame]

I KNOW!!! I couldn't believe it either. I even grabbed my kids and let them watch it. It actually would take one leg and gather up the web, and then wrap it around another leg...I still can't really figure out how it did it. But, anyway...it was amazing to watch, and it just loaded the web onto it's back, and crawled under the awing. Type it into you search engine...I think there is some sort of video of one doing that. It was the strangest thing that I have ever seen. lol I was like...what the ........

Check out this youtube video of a spider taking it's web down..

Yeah, they take them down but they don't pack them up to use later. They apparently eat the web then spin a new one.

"Nearly every species of spider uses silk in one way or another. The stereotypical spider web is known as the orb web (see image). Although everyone knows how these webs look they are not the most common web that spiders can make. In general there are four types of webs—cobwebs, sheet webs, funnel webs and orb webs. In the north country only three families of spiders use the orb web type. The rest use the other variety of webs.

Construction of the orb web is fascinating stuff. First of all, the spiders need to take down and remake their webs each night, or at least every other day. All the proteins used in making the silk are recovered by eating the old web. Radioactive tagging has shown that 80-90 percent of the initial web material shows up in the new web, even though it may be only a half hour between eating the old web and spinning the new one.

It takes the average orb web weaver about one hour to eat the old web and spin the new web. Most are constructed a couple feet off the ground and are designed for one reason—to capture insects (of which they are not) for food. All orb webs are constructed basically the same way. The main threads are called spokes and anchor the web in place. The spokes of the web are not sticky. That is how the resident spider travels around the web without getting stuck themselves. The web that connects the spokes and spirals around the web are sticky and hold the insects in place until the spider can get there."

Spiders may live IN a home in Colorado...in the winter...but, they cannot survive outside. Trust me...that web had been there for awhile on that window. It is just WAY to cold there....they cannot survive outside. There were other entrances to that home...there is no way that an intruder slid that grate back without disturbing that web, and no way that a spider spun a web on that exact window...on that exact night. I would believe that an intruder slid down the chimney, before I would believe that he crawled through that window.

and regarding the spider being domant in winter:

"House Spider Myths

Myth: Spiders come into houses in the fall to get out of the cold.

Fact: This seemingly simple idea conceals many false assumptions. In reality, house spiders are usually not the same species as the yard or garden spiders outside the house.

House spiders belong to a small number of species specially adapted for indoor conditions (constant climate, poor food supply, very poor water supply). Some house spider species have been living indoors at least since the days of the Roman Empire, and are seldom to be found outside, even in their native countries (usually Europe). Many of these species now live in houses worldwide, and most have been carried by commerce to more than one continent. Few are adapted to North American outdoor environments.

House spiders colonize new houses by egg sacs carried on furniture, building materials and so forth. They usually spend their entire life cycle in, on or under their native building. If a large number appear at a specific season, it is usually late summer (August and September) -- not a notably cold time of year! -- rather than fall, and their appearance coincides with the mating season of the given species. What you are seeing is sexually mature males wandering in search of mates.

The females and young remain hidden for the most part, in crawlspaces, storage areas and other neglected rooms; wall and floor voids; behind furniture and appliances, etc. Generally fewer than 5% of the spiders you see indoors have ever been outdoors.

In contrast, outdoor spider species are not adapted to indoor conditions. Any North American spider that needed artificial shelter for the winter, would have been extinct long before Europeans arrived! Spiders are "cold-blooded" and not attracted to warmth. They don't shiver or get uncomfortable when it's cold, they just become less active and eventually, dormant. Most temperate zone spiders have enough "antifreeze" in their bodies that they won't freeze at any temperature down to -5° C.; some can get colder. The few typical outdoor spiders that do end up indoors, die or at least don't reproduce."

Yeah, they take them down but they don't pack them up to use later. They apparently eat the web then spin a new one.

"Nearly every species of spider uses silk in one way or another. The stereotypical spider web is known as the orb web (see image). Although everyone knows how these webs look they are not the most common web that spiders can make. In general there are four types of webs—cobwebs, sheet webs, funnel webs and orb webs. In the north country only three families of spiders use the orb web type. The rest use the other variety of webs.

Construction of the orb web is fascinating stuff. First of all, the spiders need to take down and remake their webs each night, or at least every other day. All the proteins used in making the silk are recovered by eating the old web. Radioactive tagging has shown that 80-90 percent of the initial web material shows up in the new web, even though it may be only a half hour between eating the old web and spinning the new one.

It takes the average orb web weaver about one hour to eat the old web and spin the new web. Most are constructed a couple feet off the ground and are designed for one reason—to capture insects (of which they are not) for food. All orb webs are constructed basically the same way. The main threads are called spokes and anchor the web in place. The spokes of the web are not sticky. That is how the resident spider travels around the web without getting stuck themselves. The web that connects the spokes and spirals around the web are sticky and hold the insects in place until the spider can get there."

and regarding the spider being domant in winter:

"House Spider Myths

Fact: This seemingly simple idea conceals many false assumptions. In reality, house spiders are usually not the same species as the yard or garden spiders outside the house.

House spiders belong to a small number of species specially adapted for indoor conditions (constant climate, poor food supply, very poor water supply). Some house spider species have been living indoors at least since the days of the Roman Empire, and are seldom to be found outside, even in their native countries (usually Europe). Many of these species now live in houses worldwide, and most have been carried by commerce to more than one continent. Few are adapted to North American outdoor environments.

House spiders colonize new houses by egg sacs carried on furniture, building materials and so forth. They usually spend their entire life cycle in, on or under their native building. If a large number appear at a specific season, it is usually late summer (August and September) -- not a notably cold time of year! -- rather than fall, and their appearance coincides with the mating season of the given species. What you are seeing is sexually mature males wandering in search of mates.

The females and young remain hidden for the most part, in crawlspaces, storage areas and other neglected rooms; wall and floor voids; behind furniture and appliances, etc. Generally fewer than 5% of the spiders you see indoors have ever been outdoors.

In contrast, outdoor spider species are not adapted to indoor conditions. Any North American spider that needed artificial shelter for the winter, would have been extinct long before Europeans arrived! Spiders are "cold-blooded" and not attracted to warmth. They don't shiver or get uncomfortable when it's cold, they just become less active and eventually, dormant. Most temperate zone spiders have enough "antifreeze" in their bodies that they won't freeze at any temperature down to -5° C.; some can get colder. The few typical outdoor spiders that do end up indoors, die or at least don't reproduce."

The spider that I saw, put it's web...all wrapped up...on it's back. I looked it up, and there is a spider that does this. I don't know WHY...just know that it did.

When we lived in Montana...spiders would line up at our door, when the weather started getting cooler...and when we opened it...BAM...they would all run in.

This is from the article about insects overwintering in Colorado..that I posted in a previous link..

SPIDERS: The overwintering habits of spiders varies greatly; however, most of the orb-weaving spiders and other species that act as "passive hunters" and use a web to ensnare prey, winter as eggs that are produced at the end of the growing season. Conversely, many of the more active "hunting spiders," such as wolf spiders, may winter as nymphs, becoming full-grown in spring. A few spiders are quite long-lived. Giant wolf spiders may survive two to three years, and tarantulas a decade or more. They spend winter in protected retreats, such as underground burrows or hollows. Widow spiders also may live a second season in a protected location, although they usually die off in fall. Spiders that move indoors and adapt to indoor conditions with available food, may survive and reproduce year-round.

We can argue about spiders until the cows come home....there is just no way that I believe that a spider, in the middle of a CO. winter, is going to spin a web on that particular window that the "intruder" supposedly used, on the same night as the murder. What's the odds of THAT happening??? That grate was NEVER moved....imo

The spider that I saw, put it's web...all wrapped up...on it's back. I looked it up, and there is a spider that does this. I don't know WHY...just know that it did.

When we lived in Montana...spiders would line up at our door, when the weather started getting cooler...and when we opened it...BAM...they would all run in.

This is from the article about insects overwintering in Colorado..that I posted in a previous link..

SPIDERS: The overwintering habits of spiders varies greatly; however, most of the orb-weaving spiders and other species that act as "passive hunters" and use a web to ensnare prey, winter as eggs that are produced at the end of the growing season. Conversely, many of the more active "hunting spiders," such as wolf spiders, may winter as nymphs, becoming full-grown in spring. A few spiders are quite long-lived. Giant wolf spiders may survive two to three years, and tarantulas a decade or more. They spend winter in protected retreats, such as underground burrows or hollows. Widow spiders also may live a second season in a protected location, although they usually die off in fall. Spiders that move indoors and adapt to indoor conditions with available food, may survive and reproduce year-round.

We can argue about spiders until the cows come home....there is just no way that I believe that a spider, in the middle of a CO. winter, is going to spin a web on that particular window that the "intruder" supposedly used, on the same night as the murder. What's the odds of THAT happening??? That grate was NEVER moved....imo

Well, we can get a panel of experts to comment on this and they probably wouldn't abe able to agree either. Let's just say your opinion is that a spider would not spin a web in Colorado in winter and my opinion is that a spider could very well spin a web in Colorado in winter. Now, whether an IDI came or went through that grate is entirely another matter.

Well, we can get a panel of experts to comment on this and they probably wouldn't abe able to agree either. Let's just say your opinion is that a spider would not spin a web in Colorado in winter and my opinion is that a spider could very well spin a web in Colorado in winter. Now, whether an IDI came or went through that grate is entirely another matter.

I just took my knowledge of Colorado winters...and several articles that I have read about spiders during the Colorado winters...that is where I came up with spiders do not spin webs in freezing temperatures. They seek warmth...and hanging on a web during a Co. winter isn't warm. I have seen spiders actually trying to come inside...out of cooler weather....which hadn't even reached freezing temperatures. How did you come to your conclusion that spiders DO spin webs in CO. in the winter. Have you EVER been to CO. in the winter??? Just curious. And even if spider's DID spin webs in the freezing temperatures of a CO. winter...if a web had already been there before the night of the murder...moving the grate, and climbing in the window would have broken it. The web was intact....so, either...the intruder moved the grate, and climb through the window, without breaking it...or...the spider spun a web in that exact window, AFTER the intruder climbed back out of it, and replaced the grate. Both scenarios...are ridiculous...to say the least. The web was already there...and the grate was never moved...and an intruder never came in that window. But...let's agree to disagree about the spiders. I was just speaking from experience.

I just took my knowledge of Colorado winters...and several articles that I have read about spiders during the Colorado winters...that is where I came up with spiders do not spin webs in freezing temperatures. They seek warmth...and hanging on a web during a Co. winter isn't warm. I have seen spiders actually trying to come inside...out of cooler weather....which hadn't even reached freezing temperatures. How did you come to your conclusion that spiders DO spin webs in CO. in the winter. Have you EVER been to CO. in the winter??? Just curious. And even if spider's DID spin webs in the freezing temperatures of a CO. winter...if a web had already been there before the night of the murder...moving the grate, and climbing in the window would have broken it. The web was intact....so, either...the intruder moved the grate, and climb through the window, without breaking it...or...the spider spun a web in that exact window, AFTER the intruder climbed back out of it, and replaced the grate. Both scenarios...are ridiculous...to say the least. The web was already there...and the grate was never moved...and an intruder never came in that window. But...let's agree to disagree about the spiders. I was just speaking from experience.

Ok, well I think you must have missed what I posted, so here it is again FYI.

"House Spider Myths

Obviously this web was spun by an outdoor spider. The SPIDER wasn't there, but the web still was. Operative word: STILL. As in spun long before, nut spun overnight that night.

Ok, well I think you must have missed what I posted, so here it is again FYI.

"House Spider Myths

Hmmm, the spider web was OUTSIDE not inside the home. So what is your point??? Speaking from EXPERIENCE...I have NEVER seen a spider in the winter in Montana...two states up from CO., that has the same exact weather. As DeeDee stated....WHERE was the spider? It was just a web...not the spider in it. The weather was too cold for the spider...therefore it found a warmer place to hide out. Sorry...but, that web was already there..and had probably been for quite some time.

Obviously this web was spun by an outdoor spider. The SPIDER wasn't there, but the web still was. Operative word: STILL. As in spun long before, nut spun overnight that night.

Exactly!

He wasn't a bad investigator because he believed they were innocent. He was bad investigator because he based his belief of their innocence or guilt on the fact that they prayed with him.

Damn skippy. Let's not get things confused here. That should have been a deal-breaker right there.

Lou Smit also dismissed an unbroken spider web on the window sill, and NO footprints outside the window in the snow... If it was an IDI, this wouldn't be the case!:doh:

That's just the tip of the iceberg, LinasK. He always claimed that if evidence appeared that pointed to the Rs, he'd be the first to pursue it. What he DID was that every time evidence appeared that pointed to the Rs, he was first to dismiss it. He admits that he didn't bother to speak to experts in this case who didn't agree with him; he shopped around until he found questionable experts who did agree with him; he took evidence illegally and disseminated it publically. I can go on and on.

That's the way I feel when I read that because he didn't believe they were guilty, that makes him a bad investigator. You completely dismiss the possibility (or probability for me) that they were innocent. However, just keep banging, something might click.
That action alone made him an extremely unprofessional investigator/"expert". I'm convinced Casey Anthony would also pray with her investigators if she thought it would prove her innocence...
And yes, the Ramsey's should never have been cleared as suspects. It couldn't be proven they didn't do it. Patsy was never cleared as the writer of the ransom note. They were the last ones seen with the victim, they had the means, they had opportunity to kill her, and they had their own (twisted) motive(s). LE always starts with the circle of family first, then when they are completely cleared and take lie detector tests that aren't arranged by the very suspects, LE will begin to investigate outward. Also statistics show that often times parents do murder their children. I think the Ramsey's viewed JB as a living doll to suit their needs, not as a person in her own right!

That action alone made him an extremely unprofessional investigator/"expert". I'm convinced Casey Anthony would also pray with her investigators if she thought it would prove her innocence...
And yes, the Ramsey's should never have been cleared as suspects. It couldn't be proven they didn't do it. Patsy was never cleared as the writer of the ransom note. They were the last ones seen with the victim, they had the means, they had opportunity to kill her, and they had their own (twisted) motive(s). LE always starts with the circle of family first, then when they are completely cleared and take lie detector tests that aren't arranged by the very suspects, LE will begin to investigate outward. Also statistics show that often times parents do murder their children. I think the Ramsey's viewed JB as a living doll to suit their needs, not as a person in her own right!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LE always starts with the circle of family first, then when they are completely cleared and take lie detector tests that aren't arranged by the very suspects, LE will begin to investigate outward. Also statistics show that often times parents do murder their children. I think the Ramsey's viewed JB as a living doll to suit their needs, not as a person in her own right!

I completely agree! And the body was found in their OWN HOME. Imagine if Caylee Anthony had been found at Casey's ...

OK, admittedly Casey and Caylee Anthony are not good examples to illstrate my point :blushing:
I only used them to show that in a child murder, the child is found elsewhere, typically not in the home ... ESPECIALLY if it's a kidnapping/abduction. There are so many abduction cases where a body has never been recovered, like little Tommy in my sig.
In all the cases that I have personally read about, if a child is found dead in the home, it's goodbye to the parents, who are promptly carted off to jail.

OK, admittedly Casey and Caylee Anthony are not good examples to illstrate my point :blushing:
I only used them to show that in a child murder, the child is found elsewhere, typically not in the home ... ESPECIALLY if it's a kidnapping/abduction. There are so many abduction cases where a body has never been recovered, like little Tommy in my sig.
In all the cases that I have personally read about, if a child is found dead in the home, it's goodbye to the parents, who are promptly carted off to jail.
Don't apologize, I'm the one who brought her up, and you are absolutely right! If the Ramsey's had not had the wealth and power they did in Boulder, they would have been brought in that night, instead of LE and the D.A.'s office catering to them. They should never have been allowed to search the house on their own, nor should they have been allowed to shop for their own lie detector tests, IMO!!!:twocents::furious:

Don't apologize, I'm the one who brought her up, and you are absolutely right! If the Ramsey's had not had the wealth and power they did in Boulder, they would have been brought in that night, instead of LE and the D.A.'s office catering to them. They should never have been allowed to search the house on their own, nor should they have been allowed to shop for their own lie detector tests, IMO!!!:twocents::furious:

Anyone is allowed to shop their own polygraphs! They got what they paid for. So I take it for what's it's worth...ZERO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back