Hayward Police searching Garrido property

I wonder..............do you suppose that Jaycee provided LE with some information that, in addition to the bone fragment, has led to further investigation?

This is exactly what I've been thinking too . . . .

Possibly, JC is providing crucial information; if she is able to do so, I hope that she does.

Regardless, we now have three different police forces searching the property. I can't begin to imagine the bureaucracy and "competition" that such a situation can and is most likely to create. My hope is that the families of these missing children aren't duped by politics and grand-standing and that they're victims be given the due respect and search for justice that they truly deserve.

MOO

I often use the "thanks" button as a means of agreeing with people. If I could, I'd add two "thanks" to your post above, PinkPanther, as I'm totally in agreement.

I for one am really happy that there 3 different forces on the scene , I would think it might help the chances of someone finding something

Possibly, JC is providing crucial information; if she is able to do so, I hope that she does.

Regardless, we now have three different police forces searching the property. I can't begin to imagine the bureaucracy and "competition" that such a situation can and is most likely to create. My hope is that the families of these missing children aren't duped by politics and grand-standing and that they're victims be given the due respect and search for justice that they truly deserve.

MOO
Oy vey I don't even want to think about that. I think there's a large number of cases that could have been solved if all the agencies involved just COOPERATED with each other!!!

I can't imagine all the hours and hours of time it will take just to sift through the stuff at the site and the hours and hours it will take just to process it, then to analyze it..........

I agree of course with those who think Jaycee and maybe the daughters are giving information as days go by (more to come, I would guess).

BUT WTF didn't LE even half-@ssedly SECURE the crime site (as they should secure the Molina's wrecking yard). Makes for more work, more goose chases, more nuts, and possibly some nice distractions from a good defense attorney. Hope they are watching Molina as closely as they are watching this board.

The fact is that a wimpy looking "No Trespassing" sign from the nearby Home Depot means nothing. People have been in and out and around that property for weeks. The gate was not even pulled shut (nevermind that the chain link only goes across the front, requiring a minor hop over the side fence to the left for full property access, even entry to the "structures" in the back). Wonder if LE is slugging it out over jurisdiction (clue being the praise for the identified parole officer at yesterday's press conference, not too smart, IMHO, baby girlies jealous of the big girls at Cal).

I will say this, though, WebSleuthers HAVE and ARE helping to solve this crime. Stick with it peeps. You are making a difference.

PUT THE CHICKS IN CHARGE!!

Peace.

CLUEPHONE:

Law Enforcment needs to look under every speck of dirt, behind every board, underneath the house, dismantle the whole phunkin' thing to be complete. EVERYWHERE. Under the roof tiles, both sides of every single piece of paper. Through the WHOLE linen/clothes piles, through the laundry, EVERYWHERE. Do we need to spell everything out for these people? I was surprised they haven't already dug up under the house. Remember: Dogs cannot be cross-examined.

There needs to be a BOSS: FBI CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW??

Cold Case Investigators Swarm Garrido Property
Investigators may be on scene through the weekend

By LORI PREUITT
Updated 4:55 PM PDT, Tue, Sep 15, 2009

"...When asked if they have learned anything from Jaycee Dugard's interview with the FBI, investigators said they had spoken to the FBI but did not have anything specific from the Dugard interview that lead them to the Antioch home.

Michaela's mom came to the house Tuesday and spoke to reporters.

Sharon Murch said she came to support the Hayward police department's effort.

She said if Jaycee Dugard can come home alive and well after 18 years, her daughter can also come home alive and well as well.

Murch also made a direct appeal to her daughter. "Michaela if you are out there, I want you to know we love you and miss you and there is nothing you could have done over the 20 years to change that."

Dublin investigators were also part of the new search. They are there looking for ties to Ilene Misheloff, who was 13 when she disappeared in 1989.

Dublin officer Lt. Kurt von Savoye said Garrido had been released from prison just a few months prior to Ilene's disappearance..." Full Article

Dublin Police Search Warrant PDF

Hayward Police Search Warrant PDF

Both of those press releases state that there will be a daily press conference at 4:30pm PDT for the duration of the processing of the search warrants at Garrido's property and the property next door.

Has anyone seen today's press conference, or have a link to it?

People please remember this. In order for the Hayward PD and Dublin PD to do a search. They have to state what they are looinkg for. This takes time to get through the courts.As mean as it might sound I am hoping they find things to Tie this Monster to the two missing Kids

LE said they are considering tearing down the house and looking under flooring and in the walls. There must be false walls and flooring because it's a cinder block house with concrete floors. We still don't know what he used the $18,000 for so maybe he did some "remodeling"? He said he wanted the money to start his church and the church was said to be in the basement (?) - interesting!

I agree of course with those who think Jaycee and maybe the daughters are giving information as days go by (more to come, I would guess).

BUT WTF didn't LE even half-@ssedly SECURE the crime site (as they should secure the Molina's wrecking yard). Makes for more work, more goose chases, more nuts, and possibly some nice distractions from a good defense attorney. Hope they are watching Molina as closely as they are watching this board.

The fact is that a wimpy looking "No Trespassing" sign from the nearby Home Depot means nothing. People have been in and out and around that property for weeks. The gate was not even pulled shut (nevermind that the chain link only goes across the front, requiring a minor hop over the side fence to the left for full property access, even entry to the "structures" in the back). Wonder if LE is slugging it out over jurisdiction (clue being the praise for the identified parole officer at yesterday's press conference, not too smart, IMHO, baby girlies jealous of the big girls at Cal).

I will say this, though, WebSleuthers HAVE and ARE helping to solve this crime. Stick with it peeps. You are making a difference.

PUT THE CHICKS IN CHARGE!!

Peace.

As far as WS's helping to solve this crime, it's funny you should say that. As we're watching extensive coverage right now on the Bay Area's KRON Channel 4 tv, they mention this detail or that, and I'm yelling, "hey, you guys just figured that out? We've been looking into it for weeks. Jeezzz!!!" For that reason, I don't think "they" (at least not news sites) are watching this board, lol.

With that said, regarding your comment in your 3rd paragraph, I have to respectfully say it makes me very UNcomfortable. I've had concerns about the property since driving by there after LE left, but have sat on most of these concerns instead of posting about it. I don't want to post anything online that could be used by the defense, since we really don't know who views these forums. Ya know?

Regardless, we now have three different police forces searching the property.

I think there actually at least 6 LE agencies out there, or involved:

Hayward PD
Dublin PD
Alameda County Sheriff's Office
Antioch PD
Pittsburg PD
Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office

EDITED TO ADD: Make that 7 LE agencies. Both Dublin and Hayward PD's search warrants acknowledge the FBI for their assistance at the property.

Dublin's: http://media.nbclocalmedia.com/documents/Misheloff.pdf
Hayward's: http://media.nbclocalmedia.com/documents/garecht.pdf

:praying: Please let them find evidence and closure for the families of these other precious girls.

From MBK--Michaela's mother, Sharon Murch, plans the Garrido property this afternoon.

"I have this little fantasy that they'll find her," she said. "There will be some kind of false room, and Michaela will be inside. ... Ever since I heard the description of Jaycee reuniting with her family, I've just had such a longing for that to happen."

I'm trying to not sob uncontrollably after reading this quote. A mother's hope. A monster's (Garrido or not) actions. I'm begging every power in the universe for justice for all the missing and their families.

I have been at work and could not post-however,like many of you I have felt that Jaycee is key here to info--I have hoped that there were not live victims somewhere that could not call out for help,and IF there are remains I hope it gives some families peace.I DO think Jaycee is key here and may be providing info IF there are any live victims somewhere!!!!:confused:

These girls disappeared in the 80's and Jaycee wasn't taken until '91 I think. You have to wonder, though, if they did murder these other girls whether they used it as a threat for Jaycee. "If you don't be a good girl we will do this to you too." :(

This case keeps on reminding me of the evil disgusting crimes of Karla Homolka and Pul Bernardo. Much of their crimes were documented on their trophy videotapes. They made their victim Kristen French watch a video of a previous victim, Leslie Mahaffey, whose dismembered body was found on the day the horrific pair were wed. And like Nancy, Karla had opportunity to release the kidnapped girls, but did not. Unfortunately, it would make sense that the G's used that type of threat with Jaycee. That would have to be the most horrid kind of fear...knowing that your kidnappers have killed before and are likely to kill you, too, especially know that you know of their previous crimes. **shudder**

As far as WS's helping to solve this crime, it's funny you should say that. As we're watching extensive coverage right now on the Bay Area's KRON Channel 4 tv, they mention this detail or that, and I'm yelling, "hey, you guys just figured that out? We've been looking into it for weeks. Jeezzz!!!" For that reason, I don't think "they" (at least not news sites) are watching this board, lol.

With that said, regarding your comment in your 3rd paragraph, I have to respectfully say it makes me very UNcomfortable. I've had concerns about the property since driving by there after LE left, but have sat on most of these concerns instead of posting about it. I don't want to post anything online that could be used by the defense, since we really don't know who views these forums. Ya know?

Since I'm on the East Coast, we're not getting nearly as much coverage of everything as you guys seem to be, but I have to say everytime I read an article on the abduction, I sit her and say the same thing.
Every single case they've mentioned that they are investigating a PG connection to is already mentioned here...which makes me wonder if LE DOES come here for their information, but they have to deal with the legalities. They can't just formulate theories and run with it. They need court/agency approval.

Since I'm on the East Coast, we're not getting nearly as much coverage of everything as you guys seem to be, but I have to say everytime I read an article on the abduction, I sit her and say the same thing.
Every single case they've mentioned that they are investigating a PG connection to is already mentioned here...which makes me wonder if LE DOES come here for their information, but they have to deal with the legalities. They can't just formulate theories and run with it. They need court/agency approval.

That's what I have been wondering. Wouldn't they have to get a court order to do this search? And wouldn't they have to have more than "similar crime" or "I think this guy may be good for it" to justify the search? Something to connects "this victim" to this person or place? Does this mean they do have more evidence on him?

That's what I have been wondering. Wouldn't they have to get a court order to do this search? And wouldn't they have to have more than "similar crime" or "I think this guy may be good for it" to justify the search? Something to connects "this victim" to this person or place? Does this mean they do have more evidence on him?

That's a good question, mysterie. It seems that with so many unsolved crimes he could responsible for, they could just go in and search and organize every single piece of "stuff" on that property. It doesn't make sense to me that they didn't do this from the get go.

You might be interested in reading the search warrants they went in with today (links in my post above), that outlines the justifications for the search.

One detail that is on the Dublin search warrant but not on Hayward's is this:

During service of the previous search warrant officers located what appears to be a human bone on the neighboring property.​

That might be a clue to the outcome of the bone fragment that is still "being examined."

Yeah, they did have to get search warrants, and co-ordinate between the agencies. That's why the delay. They explained it today on the presser on CNN. They're also looking for victims clothing- like what Ilene and/or Michaela were wearing when they were taken...

One of the details I ranted about while watching KRON news this evening was that they put up a graphic with the words (paraphrasing) "Garrido was released on parole August 1988 and went to live in Antioch" then showed a map illustrating where Antioch is in relation to Dublin and Hayward.

But if the news people did as much digging as we do, they might acknowledge the small details that get revealed.

For instance, by Ms. Callaway in recent interviews. Because unless I read the transcripts wrong, I picked up that Garrido was paroled to an Oakland halfway house in August 1988 .... putting him even closer to Hayward when Michaela was kidnapped in November.

And that's what I was yelling to the telly, lol.

Other than that, KRON is a decent local news source, and they stream their news reports on line, should anyone want to bookmark one of the Bay Area channels covering the story: http://www.kron.com/.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky
Back