Hayward Police searching Garrido property

Yeah, Mario, I also posted that when the pictures first hit the news, but no one seemed interested. I hope we make sure to keep the facts straight or it won't help any of the victims.

Well apparently it seems like everyone is insisting this is going to be a serial killer case, when in truth there hasn't been one iota of evidence that it really is. That's what I am concerned about. I mean, what the guy did was obviously bad enough, but let's not start attributing every crime in California in the 1980's to him. You start looking at cases that way, you start to get tunnel vision.

Let's concern ourselves with gathering evidence and prosecuting PG's crimes against Jaycee before we get too far down that road. After all, there is still one gigantic media-sensation trial looming just ahead of us, and if people forget about Jaycee and the girls, they are just sort of going to be forgotten about in the process.

I have a few reasons, but one of the biggest is I don't want to speak "out of turn" and reveal the name which might cause some professional embarrassment. This journalist may not want it known who his resources are. Nothing sinister here - just trying to be respectful of someone who has taken a chance by giving me an outlet for info we find.
Sorry, but this seems like nonsense to me. No one is asking for the journalist's sources, but who is the journalist? Is it a real journalist? A citizen journalist? A journalist for the day? A tabloid 'journalist'? I mean, come on.

Ah, thanks, JDB.

Are you referring to this: http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_13215049? Or can you please provide the link to the one you saw, because this one only says he was in an Oakland halfway house, but doesn't mention "doing community service." That could be an interesting detail in itself.

I just looked at the link. I did not see it online. I actually still get a paper in the Morning.

Since I will NEVER get caught up to look through all the threads, could someone give me a link to the pictures Fox News and others were showing yesterday of Michaela's kidnappers sketch and the pix of PG taken that same year with long hair? I thought that they were amazingly similar would like to see them again if they are posted somewhere.

TIA
I can't find one now, but I saw it on TV this morning on either CNN, or KRON4 news, can't remember which...

Well apparently it seems like everyone is insisting this is going to be a serial killer case, when in truth there hasn't been one iota of evidence that it really is. That's what I am concerned about. I mean, what the guy did was obviously bad enough, but let's not start attributing every crime in California in the 1980's to him. You start looking at cases that way, you start to get tunnel vision.

Let's concern ourselves with gathering evidence and prosecuting PG's crimes against Jaycee before we get too far down that road. After all, there is still one gigantic media-sensation trial looming just ahead of us, and if people forget about Jaycee and the girls, they are just sort of going to be forgotten about in the process.

No one has said he is a serial killer yet.But I am sure glad the Dublin and Hayard are looking into him by doing a search.Whe his car was taken the one with the front end damage was shown. I asked myself I wonder.I have followed Michaela case since it happened.And when the show the sketch with him with long hair. It was erry. Granted it was 10 years old. But guess what He was released from prison and could have grown it out again. Alsoin Aug 1988 he was in Oakland in a half way house. Hmmm 15 miles from where she went missing.
I say let the PD elimante him if they can.

Since I will NEVER get caught up to look through all the threads, could someone give me a link to the pictures Fox News and others were showing yesterday of Michaela's kidnappers sketch and the pix of PG taken that same year with long hair? I thought that they were amazingly similar would like to see them again if they are posted somewhere.

TIA

Found what you are looking for. Go to Are there other victims page 9 post 204

Why are they looking for ground that might be disturbed, as if there was a grave there? Wouldn't the grave be 20 years old, so the ground wouldn't still be disturbed looking now, right?

I assume that any murders would have been before Jaycee was kidnapped, otherwise, Jaycee would have seen the other girls around. (But we know what happens when you assume!)

Thanks for the info.
JULIE

And why didn't LE look for apparent graves when they did the other searches of the property? They searched well enough to come up with a bone fragment, but not well enough to answer whether any evidence on the scene would lead to solving other crimes?

And why didn't LE look for apparent graves when they did the other searches of the property? They searched well enough to come up with a bone fragment, but not well enough to answer whether any evidence on the scene would lead to solving other crimes?

I think the answer is. Because they knew Jaycee was alive. ANd went the go before the judge they have to spell out what they are looking for.

Why are they looking for ground that might be disturbed, as if there was a grave there? Wouldn't the grave be 20 years old, so the ground wouldn't still be disturbed looking now, right?

I assume that any murders would have been before Jaycee was kidnapped, otherwise, Jaycee would have seen the other girls around. (But we know what happens when you assume!)

Thanks for the info.
JULIE

You have a very good point!

Have there been any recent unsolved missing persons?

News update: Authorities plan on giving an updated news conference today at 4:30 PM Calif time, according to News10.

Thanks for the info.
JULIE

Once the grass and topsoil are stripped off evenly, just a few inches down, soil disturbances from even hundreds of years ago can be clearly noted as the outlines of any backfilled holes will contain mixed up soils in clear contrast with any culturally undisturbed subsoil surrounding them. They should strip the whole yard! The ground penetrating radar or magnetometers will show if there is something going on too, but it will have to be excavated to see what it is and distinguish those disturbances from things like utility lines and old tree holes etc.

News update: Authorities plan on giving an updated news conference today at 4:30 PM Calif time, according to News10.

Was there an updated news conference? If so...can you enlighted us? TIA.

Just found this photo taken September 15th of a computer harddrive being taken by the FBI from the house next door to the Garrido residence!!! This is certainly an interesting development, and one we haven't seen talked about in the news, as far as I know.

r3686590540.jpg

The caption reads in part:
An FBI agent removes a computer from a home next door to Phillip Garrido's home in Antioch, California September 15, 2009. Authorities on Tuesday returned to the Northern California home where kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard was held for 18 years, searching the grounds for evidence that could link her accused abductors to a pair of young girls missing since the late 1980s.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//090916/ids_photos_ts/r3686590540.jpg/

Anderson Cooper will have a segment on this as soon as he is off the race issue with President

I also found it very interesting that they are taking a computer which presumably belongs to Damon, the guy next door? The one that 'sold out' to the British tabloid? The one that let the photographer into the Garrido backyard that first night? Too bad.

Didn't they take cadaver dogs in there with the other search? I was thinking they did. So they did look for evidence of graves or remains. I don't know why they didn't find the bone fragments that this search yielded. As far as why they didn't find the other evidence, they wouldn't know what to look for in another jurisdictions case.

I just hope that the investigators that are going in to look for evidence know their cases backwards and forwards. That they know what the children looked like, know what they were wearing, know what they may have been carrying. So that if they do find something they will recognize it as being connected to their case.

The bones were turned up when they were extracting vegetation while clearing the property, which wasn't done the first time around.

That would suggest the bones were old and buried very shallow, which I would think makes graves unlikely as a source. If he had bodies in the back yard you would have thought that they would be deep enough not to be turned up like that. I don't think he would have just left corpses out in the open in his back yard.

Nancy Garrido's lawyer, Gilbert Maines, has a comment on his website, http://www.maineslaw.com/regarding the search of the property:

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 15, 2009 Inspection of Property

Mr. Maines and the defense attorney for Philip Garrido had preplanned an inspection of the property today and were surprised to find police and media at the residence of Philip and Nancy Garrido. Mr. Maines had no prior knowledge of the serving of any other warrants by any other agencies. There are no further comments from Mr. Maines at this time.

Posted by Administration, 1:27 PM, Permalink

What do you think of this?

During the search of the Garrido property, they have found

"photographs which may turn out to be significant to Jaycee and her family. They plan to save that information for her family."

This statement is about 21 seconds into this vid: http://www.kron.com/ It's the video entitled, "Many Structures Destroyed on Philip Garrido's Property in Search of More Clues"

Yesterday, in the thread about the daily statements to the media, someone mentioned this find, but I had no idea what he/she was talking about, as I haven't been able to find a link to video of yesterday's press conference (9/16) I would surmise that these are NOT the sort of photos we've all been praying didn't exist - - kiddie you-know-what.

Perhaps the photos are something like baby photos of Jaycee's daughters? I think it's interesting that these photos are being saved for the family, and are seemingly not considered evidentiary.

Another thought - - if y'all have been watching the live feeds and other material from KRON, you'll see that there's TONS of junk being thrown out from the Garrido yard. Three truckfuls yesterday, if I'm remembering correctly.

Call me sentimental, but I'm hoping that somebody thought to save the cat figurines for Jaycee and her daughters. Little things like that can mean so much. If they are not "evidence", per se, I don't see the harm in it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NomDePlumme
Back