He breaks into apartment, mistaking *advertiser censored* screams for actual rape

Nova said:
Actually, I suspect it's a nearly universal fantasy: who doesn't want to think himself or herself so overwhelming attractive that nothing can deter a suitor? But when it is a man fantasizing about an overly aggressive woman (see every teen comedy film ever made), it often isn't called "rape."
That's an interesting perspective which I truly hadn't considered! I've always felt that female rape fantasies stem, in large part, from the puritanical double standard we are raised under - that we must be good girls and hide our sexual desires or else be labeled *advertiser censored*. If someone forecibly takes you, it wasn't your fault, so even if you really wanted it or even (gasp!) enjoyed it, you can't be held responsible for what happened. In some bizarre way, this makes it safe to succumb to desires.

As you pointed out, I am talking about fantasy here - an entirely different dimension than the real world where, of course, no one desires to be the victim of such violence.

southcitymom said:
That's an interesting perspective which I truly hadn't considered! I've always felt that female rape fantasies stem, in large part, from the puritanical double standard we are raised under - that we must be good girls and hide our sexual desires or else be labeled *advertiser censored*. If someone forecibly takes you, it wasn't your fault, so even if you really wanted it or even (gasp!) enjoyed it, you can't be held responsible for what happened. In some bizarre way, this makes it safe to succumb to desires.

As you pointed out, I am talking about fantasy here - an entirely different dimension than the real world where, of course, no one desires to be the victim of such violence.
I didn't look at it from Nova's POV either, more what you are saying South.

Either way, I didn't realise it is a common female fantasy, I only know what my fantasies are and being raped isn't one of them!

southcitymom said:

That makes perfect sense, mom, and isn't mutually exclusive with my interpretation. I am speculating here, but what you describe is perhaps also the basis of most bondage fantasies.

I have often been struck, however, that despite our cultural stereotypes of males as the aggressors, so many films aimed at male libido feature scenes where the woman can't be fought off.

Nova said:
That makes perfect sense, mom, and isn't mutually exclusive with my interpretation. I am speculating here, but what you describe is perhaps also the basis of most bondage fantasies.

I have often been struck, however, that despite our cultural stereotypes of males as the aggressors, so many films aimed at male libido feature scenes where the woman can't be fought off.
I agree that there is room for many different motivations in this type of fantasy. And I do think BDSM has some of the same tension at play. Glitchwizard will have to come along and set us straight about that!

You are too right about the cultural stereotype of women accosting men (and yes - it's not presented as rape!) so this must be some deep-seated male fantasy involving, I'm certain, illusions and delusions of their own unstoppable desirability! :D

southcitymom said:
You are too right about the cultural stereotype of women accosting men (and yes - it's not presented as rape!) so this must be some deep-seated male fantasy involving, I'm certain, illusions and delusions of their own unstoppable desirability! :D

"Delusion" is the word. And in films, it seems the skinnier and pimplier the boy, the harder he has to fight to defend his "virtue" (before happily surrendering, of course). Yeah, right.

And now for the rest of the story... (the story comes from the next town over from me...)

(the one thing law school teaches you is what is reported in the media, and then the background info are two very different things.)

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569088

The DA didn't really buy the story, and there's a timeline discrepancy. Sword boy was charged w/ 3 things - crim. trespass to dwelling, crim damage to prop and disorderly conduct. All misdemeanors (i.e. less than a year in jail)

However, sword boy has been skirting the law for a while... he's had a number of charges filed, then dismissed on prosecutor's motion. (so not convicted) A couple look like domestic abuse incidents. One charge was for impersonating a peace officer. He did 116 days in jail for bail jumping. That stuff had to figure into the prosecutor's decision, and his believability.

Ahh yes--So there is more to the story--This guy sounds like a loose cannon--"impersonating a peace officer' too--thanks for that additional information

Ang50 said:
And now for the rest of the story... (the story comes from the next town over from me...)

(the one thing law school teaches you is what is reported in the media, and then the background info are two very different things.)

The DA didn't really buy the story, and there's a timeline discrepancy. Sword boy was charged w/ 3 things - crim. trespass to dwelling, crim damage to prop and disorderly conduct. All misdemeanors (i.e. less than a year in jail)

However, sword boy has been skirting the law for a while... he's had a number of charges filed, then dismissed on prosecutor's motion. (so not convicted) A couple look like domestic abuse incidents. One charge was for impersonating a peace officer. He did 116 days in jail for bail jumping. That stuff had to figure into the prosecutor's decision, and his believability.
Yes - very interesting! Impersonating a peace officer? Sounds like this guy has a hero complex...

southcitymom said:
Yes - very interesting! Impersonating a peace officer? Sounds like this guy has a hero complex...
I don't know that I would use that word to describe him. :p

Ang50 said:

Thanks for the follow-up Ang50. I had a feeling there was more to the story, and that is why I wrote what I did yesterday:

Most renters would just pound on the ceiling with a broom if the upstairs tenants were noisy. This guy has been watching way too many "hero saving the damsel in distress" movies on his new flatscreen TV. He probably had the sword right by the front door, along with his cape, so he could grab them on his way.

Buzzm1 said:
Most renters would just pound on the ceiling with a broom if the upstairs tenants were noisy. This guy has been watching way too many "hero saving the damsel in distress" movies on his new flatscreen TV. He probably had the sword right by the front door, along with his cape, so he could grab them on his way.
Oh please.

Had a woman been found raped and murdered and a neighbor later confessed to hearing something but assumed it was the TV, people would be upset that nobody did anything.

I applaud this guy for trying to do the right thing and IF this neighbor was watching *advertiser censored* with a rape angle, they should watch out for him anyways... I can't imagine what kind of sicko would find that a turn-on.

Buzzm1,

Apparently I missed the toungue in cheek part of your post- sorry, it's been a loooong night (and morning) :crazy:

mrsjonnob said:
Oh please.

Had a woman been found raped and murdered and a neighbor later confessed to hearing something but assumed it was the TV, people would be upset that nobody did anything.

I applaud this guy for trying to do the right thing and IF this neighbor was watching *advertiser censored* with a rape angle, they should watch out for him anyways... I can't imagine what kind of sicko would find that a turn-on.

That was my first reaction, too. (See posts above.) But given what we now know, there may be reason to doubt there was any "rape angle" except in the swordbearer's mind.

Hehe, I chuckled at this. I'm guessing there was no "bow-chicka-wow" *advertiser censored* music going on during this scene so I guess it could have sounded pretty realistic. I hope that the guy watching the *advertiser censored* wasn't buck naked when the guy busted in...that's just...ugh.

And as someone pointed out before, there's a flavor of *advertiser censored* for everyone's tastes...seriously.

Foot fetish, cigarette smoking, clown *advertiser censored* (yes, it exists), s and m, leather, midgets, etc etc etc.

Nova said:
That was my first reaction, too. (See posts above.) But given what we now know, there may be reason to doubt there was any "rape angle" except in the swordbearer's mind.
The *advertiser censored* guy was watching Casa de Culo - which was in Spanish - and as he stated "I don't understand a word of it, I just bought it for the hot chicks."

If true, it sounds like fairly run-of-the-mill stuff... however, there's lots of screaming, etc. that goes on in run-of-the-mill.

I think there's a difference between busting down the door, sword in hand... and knocking on the door asking what's wrong and if police should be called - trying to get a read on the situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back