HI HI - Loida Wideman, 39, Waipahu, 13 May 2012

Thank you for the map, Dime Detective. I was spending too much time looking at the fact the car is found in the opposite direction of her place of work.

DimeDetective, have you heard anything about a possible reward? Do you think offering one would loosen lips in this particular case? I'm inclined to think so.

So far I haven't come across any mention of a reward being offered.

You know, I've actually never heard of a missing persons case where the offer of a reward helped solve the case. Anyone know of any?

I'm not too swift at maps

Same here (you might've noticed). :) Maybe we can get someone who's really good with maps to help us out.

Did any of the locals hear it reported last night that they also have determined she has not left the island? I heard that but can't remember which channel because we watched two different news.

DimeDetective, I'm completey at a loss. But I will say that she filed for divorce in 2008 and her ex husband is reported to have been interviewed by LE and he refuses to speak to media as of now because it's too painful.

Although LE is saying he's not a suspect I'm not counting him out yet. Also, we don't know if she was dating someone.

The car being located there makes me think it wasn't put there by her? If so, then it wouldn't be hard for a lone person to dump her car there because it's only a couple of blocks from Kam Hwy and you can always catch thebus somewhere on Kamehameha.

I'm extremely concerned for her welfare at this point. Usually we see missing people and they eventually show up, especially when they hear LE is looking for them.

She could be anywhere on this island. Her 3 sons are adorable. One of them was on camera yesterday and you could see the tears well up in his eyes. This has to be so hard on them and her Mother and her Brother. :(

I hope she is found quickly and she is safe.

So far I haven't come across any mention of a reward being offered.

You know, I've actually never heard of a missing persons case where the offer of a reward helped solve the case. Anyone know of any?

Same here (you might've noticed). :) Maybe we can get someone who's really good with maps to help us out.

Gilbert Caravallo but it's a reward from his family. There are just a couple of rewards but all are offered by the families of the missing.

I haven't seen any rewards from crimestoppers for missing persons since I've lived here. JMHO

I wonder if there are any reports of robberies in the area? Is it a crime type of area? Could she have been car jacked?

She is 5'2" so her drivers seat should have been pulled close to the dashboard. I am about her size and in my car I have it right up on the steering wheel.
When my husband drives my car (he is 6'0") he has to put the seat fairly far back.
I am sure LE knows that information and of course fingerprints from the button to move the seat!
I am hoping she is fine and that nothing tragic has happened.
Her name is derived from the word Leda which means joy and happiness. I hope that helps guide her home.

I wonder if there are any reports of robberies in the area? Is it a crime type of area? Could she have been car jacked?

This is such a small island CP. We do have the types of crimes commited here you see on mainland but there is less because it's a small island. But there really isn't the homogenized neighborhoods you see on mainland here. You have neighborhoods with pockets of areas that are not so nice. IMHO. I think it depends on her address in waipahu, there is a small area of that town where there is a bit more crime activity.

It's possible she could have been but it's IMHO much farther down the list just given what it like to live on this island. JMHO

ETA: for that reason I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out if someone did harm her or kill her where in the world would they have put her within the waipahu, pearl city, honolulu areas?

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/18535112/police-search-pearl-city-area-for-missing-waipahu-woman

Video of news I watched last night at link.

Updated: May 17, 2012 11:01 PM

By Ben Gutierrez

A search was conducted Thursday morning along a bike path near Lehua Avenue, where a 2003 Saturn Ion sedan belonging to Loida Wideman was found the day before.

Wideman's car was parked by Kado's Lunch House.

The search involved bloodhounds, who tried to track Wideman's scent down the bike path that runs east of Lehua Avenue.

LE used scent dogs (reported on another channel and I'll try to find a link, is that they took a pair of her shoes to the scene where the car was found so the dogs could try to track her scent. Also reported on another channel there was a report of a foul odor coming from that area searched but nothing found relating to her reported. Also video coverage on another channel that they searched dumpster(s). So take all of that as rumor until we can get MSM links please but I did see it on TV).

Other locals: I'm assuming it was the Pearl Harbor Bike Path located about a block or so away from her car was found? TIA for your thoughts.

This just doesn't sound good.

I hope that Loida was simply stressed out, with being a single mom of 3 kids and holding down two jobs, and just needed a break.

Here is a photo of an area they were searching (by the bike path), not far from where her car was found.

WIDEMAN-SEARCH-01-JPG.jpg

On Wednesday at about 4:30 p.m., police officers with the Pearl City Crime Reduction Unit spotted Gabon Wideman’s gold 2003 Saturn Ion parked along a curb of Lehua Avenue in Pearl City just before 1st Street.

Dennis Kadokawa of Kado’s Lunch House said he noticed the car around midmorning on Tuesday.

"We didn't think anything of it because the people just park their cars walking down the bike trail, but definitely Tuesday and Wednesday the car was here," said Kadokawa.

http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/Search-for-missing-Waipahu-woman-intensifies/-/8905354/13481374/-/8bmw45z/-/

I did notice that the area where her car was found was right by the highway. Could it have been a rendezvous point? Or, was it a car drop spot. :(

Hoping for a positive outcome for Loida's loved ones.

This just doesn't sound good.

I hope that Loida was simply stressed out, with being a single mom of 3 kids and holding down two jobs, and just needed a break.

Here is a photo of an area they were searching (by the bike path), not far from where her car was found.

WIDEMAN-SEARCH-01-JPG.jpg

http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/Search-for-missing-Waipahu-woman-intensifies/-/8905354/13481374/-/8bmw45z/-/

I did notice that the area where her car was found was right by the highway. Could it have been a rendezvous point? Or, was it a car drop spot. :(

Hoping for a positive outcome for Loida's loved ones.

Hey snoopster! :)

If I'm not mistaken the hwy that is seen in the overview of the area is H1E (AKA Queen Liliuokalani Freeway at that part of the highway).

I looked at the map to make sure I'm not mistaking where this is but from my memory exit 10 is followed by exit 13 (13A and 13B).

Exit 10 on H1E would take you to the waimalu and pearl ridge area.

The next exit IIRC would be 13A which would give you options to go to aiea, honolulu or koneohe. That would overshoot the area her car was dumped and whoever dumped the car would have to backtrack.

Exit 13B which is the next exit would take you toward the stadium which is overshooting the area even further and even more backtracking.

FWIW, and IMHO I think the route shown on the map linked backthread that shows the distance between her home and where her car to be as a little over 2 miles would be a fairly accurate route.

Unless of course she was abducted and she is now in Pearl City or Honolulu or elsewhere on the island. (they could have taken her to east side and came back who knows?)

But in one of the video's I noted that a resident interviewed says her Husband saw the car parked where it was discovered as early as Monday when he was leaving for work (3:30 AMish?).

That would have only given less than 6 hours to abduct, do whatever it was they wanted, and dump the car, walk away.

I do hope she is safe and sound somewhere!

For some reason I don't think she is safe and sound at all. She works 2 jobs and has 3 boys she dearly loves. I just don't see her up and leaving.
Her ex is from 2008, had she rekindled her relationship at all?

I just have a bad feeling for Loida.

This is such a small island CP. We do have the types of crimes commited here you see on mainland but there is less because it's a small island. But there really isn't the homogenized neighborhoods you see on mainland here. You have neighborhoods with pockets of areas that are not so nice. IMHO. I think it depends on her address in waipahu, there is a small area of that town where there is a bit more crime activity.

It's possible she could have been but it's IMHO much farther down the list just given what it like to live on this island. JMHO

ETA: for that reason I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out if someone did harm her or kill her where in the world would they have put her within the waipahu, pearl city, honolulu areas?

Hi Kat. Great to see you and the other locals sharing your knowledge here! Those of us who are not at all familiar with the area really need that context.

I take it from the bolded comment above that the general area is quite urbanized? I noted from one of the news videos that they searched "for over an hour", but didn't find anything. That doesn't sound like a very long time to me, unless there are not a lot of green areas around there. Is this correct?

Hi Kat. Great to see you and the other locals sharing your knowledge here! Those of us who are not at all familiar with the area really need that context.

I take it from the bolded comment above that the general area is quite urbanized? I noted from one of the news videos that they searched "for over an hour", but didn't find anything. That doesn't sound like a very long time to me, unless there are not a lot of green areas around there. Is this correct?

Yes snoopster IMHO those areas are very urbanized compared to other places I have lived on mainland.

In fact, and this is just my opinion, I've said many times that Honolulu reminds me very much of one of the boroughs in NYC in the fact that it is heavily populated and because land is at a premium here with such a heavy population you see a lot of (again the choice of my word is based on having lived on the mainland) *crowding*. Everything is tight and close together.

I don't see a distinct difference when we travel from Honolulu to Pearl City it's like traveling say from one borough to another in inner city NYC---KWIM? The only way I know we are in Pearl City is because I had to learn where one ends and the other begins.

To me, it's also populated from Pearl City to waipahu. (to me, IMHO everything surrounding the area of Pearl Harbor is very populated. It's for that reason, I can't imagine where she is if she's in that area. Because, to be honest snoopster, one of the issues I've had to come to terms with living on island is I've never lived surrounded by so many people---everyday---all the time lol!

And I don't live down there, I live in what is considered the *country*. But it's not what we would consider *country* by mainland standards :)

I just can't imagine where she is if she's down there. All JMHO. But then again, I've only lived here 2 years.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/152133495.html

Ex-husband of missing woman arrested for violating parole

Police say Lonnell Wideman is not a suspect in her disappearance

LAST UPDATED: 01:24 a.m. HST, May 19, 2012

A missing Waipahu woman's ex-husband, who was sentenced in 1988 to life in prison for the attempted murder of a 24-year-old Moiliili woman, was arrested yesterday for violating terms of his parole.

and:

a warrant for Lonnell Wideman's arrest was issued Friday for violating parole because he failed to tell his parole officer that police served him with a temporary restraining order in 2011 for allegedly sexually assaulting a Kapolei woman

My bold. Well-----he's not a named suspect----yet. JMHO :(

Well, that's an interesting turn of events. The ex should be examined closely, as I am sure he is.

Sentenced to "life" in 1988 and he is out and about...wonderful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back