HI HI - Loida Wideman, 39, Waipahu, 13 May 2012

Until today's news about the ex, I was more inclined to cut him some slack...based on the following from an article dated May 16:

Buffett said police have interviewed her ex-husband, who has cooperated. He is not considered a suspect, she said.

Along with her mother, Wideman's ex-husband is now staying with their children at their Waipahu house, Gabon said.

(Buffett is Sgt. Kim Buffett, Honolulu CrimeStoppers coordinator; Gabon is Loida's brother, Junior.)

~jmo~

From a news article dated 5/19:

Since his ex-wife Loida Wideman disappeared on her way to work May 12, Wideman had been helping to take care of their three children, ages five, eight and eleven.
Authorities took custody of the Wideman's children and planned to deliver them to Loida Wideman's uncle.

More at Missing mom's ex-husband arrested for violating parole

~jmo~

Missing Waipahu woman's sons help pass out flyers

The video at the above linked-article brought tears to my eyes. What brave little boys! It is clear to me that their mother raised them well.

btw, I viewed almost all of the photos at Loida's fb (and there are many). She appears to be very much loved by family and friends, leads a good life, is responsible, family-oriented, and more...ALL good.

May today be the day Loida returns home, safe & sound.

~jmo~

Missing Waipahu woman's sons help pass out flyers

The video at the above linked-article brought tears to my eyes. What brave little boys! It is clear to me that their mother raised them well.

btw, I viewed almost all of the photos at Loida's fb (and there are many). She appears to be very much loved by family and friends, leads a good life, is responsible, family-oriented, and more...ALL good.

May today be the day Loida returns home, safe & sound.

~jmo~

Tears here too. What awesome boys. Please, please let their mom be alright and come home safely to them. :please:

I did not like reading all the new info coming out on the ex-husband. It put a pit in my stomach.

Tears here too. What awesome boys. Please, please let their mom be alright and come home safely to them. :please:

I did not like reading all the new info coming out on the ex-husband. It put a pit in my stomach.

Such sweet boys. How heartbreaking. Thank you to the locals for sharing information with us - I keep praying she will be found safe.

Yes, such cute boys. It breaks my heart to see them searching for their mom. It's almost like they don't 'get it'....that she might not be coming back. I would feel the same way. It would feel surreal. Of course I hope that she is found soon and comes back to her boys !!

Where is Loida? Please let these boys see their mom again!

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/18578617/missing-womans-ex-to-be-held-at-least-45-days

Missing woman’s Ex to be held at least 45 days

Updated: May 21, 2012 7:13 PM

Lonnell Reginald Wideman, ex-husband of missing Waipahu woman Loida Gabon Wideman, will spend at least 45 more days incarcerated at the Oahu Community Correctional Center before the parole board will consider releasing him for alleged parole violations.

article says he has six prior convictions: 1. possession of a switchblade and second degree robbery in 1986 2. harassment in 1999 3. kidnapping, burglary, and attempted murder in 1988 (incident was in 1985).

The parole authority set his minimum sentence at 12 years, in Oct 1997 he was paroled.

I was just looking for any updates on Loida, and the last posted link was the last thing I saw.. May 26. I hope Loida is found soon.

Nothing new on Loida? Where could she be? Praying for her safe return!

I am so sad that this case has stalled out.

Those boys need their mom back. She needs to be found.

I had to take my daughter for an appt (the dentist is next to the Pearl Ridge Shopping Center) and when we left we took Kam Hwy to get H2 to come home.

As we drove passed the Pearl City Shopping Center (I think that's what it's called~ locals it's the one with the bowling alley, Chuck E Cheese and Franklin's Craft store) we began to see Loida's missing flyers.

They were on almost every utility pole along Kam Hwy from the Shopping Center to the intersection of Lehua Ave.

It was about 11 AM and it was of course bumper to bumper on Kam Hwy. That area (for non-locals) is very busy most of the time. We've even been down in that area late in the evening while returning home from date night and there is still a reasonable amount of traffic and especially foot traffic.

(for non-locals) There are businesses located on each corner at the turn off from Kam Hwy onto Lehua Ave. But even from the intersection of Kam hwy and Lehua as I glanced down Lehua while passing through I could see multiple apartment bldgs.

So that is also a residential area.

My daughter and I discussed where in the world could she be located (because we both think her ex is the reason she is missing) and we came to about a 80% conclusion she won't be found in Pearl City.

Speculation: 1. There is some construction going on right before you get to H2. But traffic was moving too quickly for me to eyeball exactly how much land is available around the large trucks and such. I couldn't see if there was any place she could be there.

2. He took her to the West Shore area. The doubled back to Pearl City to dump car.

3. One other thought, there is a sort of bridge that spans a valley on the H2 before you get to Mililani. I don't know what is under that bridge. I don't know if it's developed or private land or what...the reason I am speculating is...

4. There is a very high bridge when you drive over to Kaneohe. There have been several people since I've lived here jump off that bridge and the news always reports how difficult it is to get down under it and recover them.

Just some thoughts...JMHO.

This is just so sad...

Missing Waipahu woman's family faces uncertain future

The boys used to live with their mother and grandmother at a rented house in Waipahu. The family moved everything out last week since they couldn't afford the payments.

They kept the important stuff and sold other belongings like furniture and plants at a garage sale over the weekend. The 39-year-old single mother disappeared on Mother's Day on her way to her job as a nurse at a Kapolei Care Home. Gabon said the $500 they collected will be used to help take care of the boys who are now staying with relatives.

More at link, plus video news story.

This is just so sad...

Missing Waipahu woman's family faces uncertain future

The boys used to live with their mother and grandmother at a rented house in Waipahu. The family moved everything out last week since they couldn't afford the payments.

They kept the important stuff and sold other belongings like furniture and plants at a garage sale over the weekend. The 39-year-old single mother disappeared on Mother's Day on her way to her job as a nurse at a Kapolei Care Home. Gabon said the $500 they collected will be used to help take care of the boys who are now staying with relatives.

More at link, plus video news story.

This is just not right! Where is the community to help this family out??
Has a fund been set up? These kids need their grandmother more than ever right now. :(

This is just not right! Where is the community to help this family out??
Has a fund been set up? These kids need their grandmother more than ever right now. :(

I haven't heard of any funds being set up yet Snoopster, if I hear it reported I"ll come back and let everyone know.

I am under the impression that the boys are with a member of their Mom's family. (and I am assuming that Gma is there also but that's just an assumption).

Hiya Kat! Yes, I think they are with their Auntie, at least for the most part. Also, I appreciate your letting us know if you find a fund that's been setup.

Does anyone know how to setup a fund or who can do it? I am sure there are rules, as properly should be.

I just want to DO something for these kids and for the family too! Any and every little bit would help them...just don't know where to begin...

~jmo~

Jumping in here late, but do we know what time Loida had to be at work? Did she leave at regular time, or earlier than usual? Did she always work the night shift?

Wondering about a stop for a snack for work, or a meeting with someone if she did leave early. At the nursing home, she'd come in contact with not only her co-workers on a regular basis, but the nursing home visitors...who might know her schedule also.

Doesn't look favorable from this angle. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back