HOA Injunction limiting protestors-DENIED!

I wonder if they would need to ask for a noise law to be enacted. That's the only way I could see them enforcing it on the protesters. Without a noise law or if there is one and the protesters are not violating it, the HOA had no leg to stand on with their case.

I do agree with the child endangerment idea though. That's why DCF stepped in and made it clear that they don't appreciate the protesters bringing under-aged children to this thing.

yes, I am wondering whether the right papers were filed. Judges do not like their time wasted with the wrong paperwork.

hopefully, someone can leave the neighbourhood and start following some of these leads they have been talking about. the family may not have the money to do that... but they have more money than most of us have to do it and more a right to do so. maybe they have PIs doing that already. I think the protestors might settle down if they saw more action being taken. but then again, by the looks of some of them - I don't think they have anything to do in their own lives.

I would love to know if any of the neighbors are wearing 2 hats , as members of the HOA, and also as protestors.

If I lived there, on that street, I believe I would be protesting. I bring my dog everywhere though so I don't know how I'd get around Lee dumping her water bowl. With the heat here I always carry water for the doggie. I'm still upset about that. Where do they get off screwing with other people's property, over and over again . Nobody's ripped their shrubs out. (and I bet alot of people want to do bad bad things to the house). Restraint is appreciated. Not so much the kiddie side show. That's all. jmo

Inflatable doggie water bowl in one pocket, bottle of water in the other.

Woo hoo!
homersmile.gif

The woman was completely peaceful, just sitting there with her beautiful dog with his/her impecable manners. He/she Doggy didn't even look crosseyed at Lee when he grabbed the sign or even the water bowl. I think Lee was agravated for some reason, but I don't understand exactly why either.

Lee was upset because she was sitting on the grassy easement, not the sidewalk and he wanted her to move to the sidewalk because the HOA president was coming - apparently the HOA has an issue with people being on the easement and the woman refused to move. He even offered to move the sign for her, but she said no. He tried to destroy the sign and dumped the dogs water bowl in frustration. He really should not have done that. If I were him, I would have just patiently waited for the HOA President to arrive and told him/her that I had asked the woman to move but the woman was refusing and then let the HOA President handle it from there. I think the HOA might have been threatening to issue a citation to the Anthony's for "allowing" people loitering on their property. The sidewalk is public property, but apparently the HOA considered that easement private property - I'm not sure why. I will say the loiterers have ruined the grass on the easement.

My best advice to the Anthony's is to quit coming out of the house and into the front yard. Avoid contact with all the protesters, media and loiterers. Pretty soon they will get bored and hopefully go away. I would suggest they get into their cars inside the garage and only open the door when ready to depart and lower the door to the garage before exiting the car. If you don't talk to these people or interact with them in any way and they can't even see you, the media might move off the street and the protesters might go away. I would also hire a lawncare company to tend the front yard until this ordeal is over. I would also re-locate the candlelight vigils to the inside of a church. This should make it very hard for protestors to enter the church since it is private property and at the very least, will make them behave in a more polite manner. Again, no contact from the Anthonys at the vigil with anyone who does not behave in a respectful manner.

nobody else finds it odd that in this report, it was stated that Casey was to not have any contact with Amy? It also brings up the issues of Casey contacting a child who was 12, which is in violation of her bond.

For a judge to issue a no contact order, there had to be an issue- or, the defense or prosecution asked for this

Lee was upset because she was sitting on the grassy easement, not the sidewalk and he wanted her to move to the sidewalk because the HOA president was coming - apparently the HOA has an issue with people being on the easement and the woman refused to move. He even offered to move the sign for her, but she said no.
(snipped)

Oh that crazy woman. Just because the Sheriff's Office had already responded and said she was within her rights, on public property, she thought she could stay.:rolleyes:

Lee was yakking about having her move in compliance with the non existent injunction........

Neighbors rights? I'd say freedom of speech ranks above neighbors rights. :waitasec:

:clap: So glad this failed.

BUT YES for crying out loud LEAVE YOUR KIDS AT HOME! :furious:

nobody else finds it odd that in this report, it was stated that Casey was to not have any contact with Amy? It also brings up the issues of Casey contacting a child who was 12, which is in violation of her bond.

For a judge to issue a no contact order, there had to be an issue- or, the defense or prosecution asked for this

I would think prosecution does not want them speaking... as well as they do not want KC harrassing A to drop her charges. A can not drop those charges -it is a federal offence. Once you cross over to a fed-crime, you are screwed.

yes, I am wondering whether the right papers were filed. Judges do not like their time wasted with the wrong paperwork.

hopefully, someone can leave the neighbourhood and start following some of these leads they have been talking about. the family may not have the money to do that... but they have more money than most of us have to do it and more a right to do so. maybe they have PIs doing that already. I think the protestors might settle down if they saw more action being taken. but then again, by the looks of some of them - I don't think they have anything to do in their own lives.

The group that needs to go after the protesters and the media will have to be the city itself. If they have city laws that are being broken they will have to enforce it. The problem they have is the media is involved, very very few goverment agencies want to tangle with the media and their right of free press, much less try to curtail a citizen's right to free speech on public property. Sometimes we have to fight for the rights of people we don't like, to do things we don't approve of, just to keep our rights intact down the road, when we need those same rights.

Apparently, whoever wrote this order is allowing her to do so and if she does do so, they are not enforcing it. CaseyLand must be fun.

(snipped)

Oh that crazy woman. Just because the Sheriff's Office had already responded and said she was within her rights, on public property, she thought she could stay.:rolleyes:

Lee was yakking about having her move in compliance with the non existent injunction........

Yeah, now I remember, the woman did say the police had already said she could stay. Lee apparently disagreed so he folded up her sign and tried to throw is away with the thingie holding it up. She just sat there peacefully. Wonder why he dumped the dog's water. Oh well, dog wasn't going to fight him over it. REALLY sweet, polite dog.

(snipped)

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

The group that needs to go after the protesters and the media will have to be the city itself. If they have city laws that are being broken they will have to enforce it. The problem they have is the media is involved, very very few goverment agencies want to tangle with the media and their right of free press, much less try to curtail a citizen's right to free speech on public property. Sometimes we have to fight for the rights of people we don't like, to do things we don't approve of, just to keep our rights intact down the road, when we need those same rights.

yeah, it would probably be hard to tell the protestors to take a hike and let the press stay. I suppose we should all live in gated communities if we want privacy.

yeah, it would probably be hard to tell the protestors to take a hike and let the press stay. I suppose we should all live in gated communities if we want privacy.

Would be hard to tell the protesters to leave and then tell the vigil protesters to stay. They are doing the same thing. Heck, even during the vigils they use a microphone which is much louder. How cool is that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back