Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a link for the whole article that explains some of it. It also answers questions about the Mark P changing court dates.

"Tuesday, Adams was charged with two counts of rape of Bobo on April 13, 2011, the same day the 20-year-old nursing student disappeared from her Darden home. Those charges have not been dropped."

"There are also pending federal firearms charges against Pearcy. This requires the state to wait until the end of any federal proceedings before it can obtain custody of Pearcy to proceed with state charges against him."

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26795769/charges-dropped-against-2-suspects-in-holly-bobo-case

Found a link for the whole article that explains some of it. It also answers questions about the Mark P changing court dates.

"Tuesday, Adams was charged with two counts of rape of Bobo on April 13, 2011, the same day the 20-year-old nursing student disappeared from her Darden home. Those charges have not been dropped."

"There are also pending federal firearms charges against Pearcy. This requires the state to wait until the end of any federal proceedings before it can obtain custody of Pearcy to proceed with state charges against him."

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26795769/charges-dropped-against-2-suspects-in-holly-bobo-case
Thanks jhggordo,
Here are some scheduling changes from the Decatur General Sessions Court:
<snipped>
The district attorney's office said it could confirm pending federal firearm charges against Mark Lynn Pearcy and that the state must wait until the conclusion of federal proceedings before optaining custody of Pearcy to proceed with state charges against him.

The statement from the office also clarified that the rape charges against Adams are not being dismissed and are "actively being prosecuted at this time."

Preliminary hearings in Decatur County General Sessions Court scheduled for Monday, October 20, 9:00 a.m. for Pearcy and Wednesday, October 22 at 1:00 pm for Adams have been cancelled. Dylan Adams is still scheduled to appear in Circuit Court in Decaturville, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, at 9:00 am before Circuit Court Judge C. Creed McGinley for his initial appearance on the two counts of rape.
http://jacksonsun.com/story/news/sp...ped-against-mark-pearcy-dylan-adams/17316375/

Sorry. It appears that only the tampering charges have been dropped. Feds are going forward with the gun charges - which has me raising my eyebrow knowing how the State and Feds usually work in tandem especially on something as high profile as this.

From Jackson Sun:

Some charges against Dylan Adams, Mark Pearcy dismissed

Charges being dismissed include evidence tampering and accessory after the fact. Rape charges still active against Dylan Adams.

The charges have been dismissed without prejudice, the release said. This means the state will not pursue the charges that were filed against Dylan Adams and Mark Pearcy in General Sessions Court at the present time. But the state retains the right and discretion to refile any charges against them in the future.

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...ped-against-mark-pearcy-dylan-adams/17316375/

Here is a report that explains further:

Charges against two suspects in the case surrounding Holly Bobo's disappearance and murder have been dismissed.

The District Attorney General's Office confirmed to News 2 Wednesday that the state is no longer pursuing charges against John “Dylan” Adams and Mark Pearcy at this time.
Both men faced charges of tampering with evidence in the case and Pearcy faced an additional charge of accessory after the fact.

However:

On Tuesday, however, Adams was additionally charged with two counts of the forcible rape of Bobo which allegedly occurred on April 13, 2011, the day the 20-year-old nursing student disappeared from her home in Parsons, about 100 miles west of Nashville. Those charges are not being dismissed.

The state, however, retains the right to file those charges again in the future.

The decision is based on a number of variables which the state says they cannot discuss due to the ongoing investigation into the murder of Bobo.

The District Attorney General's Office also said they have consulted with the Bobo family regarding the decision and the reasons for it

Bolded by me for clarity or sorts...

Read more here:
http://www.wkrn.com/story/26795829/charges-dropped-against-2-suspects-in-holly-bobo-case

Either the Feds are dropping their charges (I mentioned this on page 60 of thread 5 as a possibility) and letting the State of Tennessee prosecute. Or they are just deferring til after the State is done with their case then they may opt to refile charges on the commerce charge.

From the Jackson Sun:

The district attorney's office said it could confirm federal firearm charges are still pending against Mark Pearcy and that the state must wait until the conclusion of federal proceedings before obtaining custody of Pearcy to proceed with any state charges against him.

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...ped-against-mark-pearcy-dylan-adams/17316375/

From News Channel 5:

Tampering Charges Dropped Against 2 Suspects In Bobo Case

Tampering with evidence charges filed against Dylan Adams and Mark Pearcy in the Holly Bobo case have been dropped.

Officials with the District Attorney’s Office said tampering charges were dropped after the state decided not to pursue them at this time; however, the state reserves the right to refile any charges in the future.

Pearcy and Adams currently have pending federal gun charges and that requires the state to wait for the conclusion of those proceedings before officials can begin with state charges.

More at Link: http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...gainst-2-Suspects-In-Bobo-Case-279341112.html

From WSMV:

Charges dropped against 2 suspects in Holly Bobo case

The District Attorney's Office said it has consulted with the Bobo family regarding this decision and the reasons for it.

"This decision is based on a number of variables the state cannot discuss due to the ongoing investigation and active prosecution of those responsible for the murder of Holly Bobo," the District Attorney's Office said in a release.

More at Link: http://www.wsmv.com/story/26795769/charges-dropped-against-2-suspects-in-holly-bobo-case

Okay, so Dylan Adams remains charged with 2 counts of rape. But what about Mark Pearcy, any charge relating to Holly remain?

If the guy has an IQ of 70, and has been squirreling around with all his allegations for the past year or so before these current charges, the defence attorney is going to have a field day on cross if he is ever used as a witness.

This is just a huge mess IMO. They sure as hell better have corroboration, or it is going to get seriously ugly in court for the prosecution if they take it to trial.

I really hope they have corroborating evidence. The words of a man with an IQ of 70 who doesn't even know how to tell time...not exactly the best they can do. He's a prime candidate for being manipulated by police.

Now that they've dropped charges against Mark Pearcy, it sounds like they have not and will probably never find the video.

God I hope they have DNA or something from the home. I cringe at the thought of anyone being convicted on the basis of the words of someone who is mentally handicapped.

So I think the arrests of Mark and Jeff P for the murder and tampering were based on the statements pertaining to the rape obtained from Dylan A and corroborated by the female witness. The arrests were meant to prompt someone to come forward with the video that allegedly exists. That suggests to me the video is still not in LE hands or they would have levied rape charges against MP at the time they did so against DA. They feel comfortable charging DA because he has no doubt given them a detailed statement and is cooperating. They can tie him to rape with his own admission. But not the murder. Therefore these charges drop against he and MP. They could come back later or other charges be filed against MP in particular if they ever do get some evidence besides just DA say so.

All of the above is simply MOO.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it......they've got nothing on Pearcy.......never did.

This case sounds just as weak as a bunch of you guys in here say it does. Every time one of these rats decides to implicate one of their fellow rats, the TBI is falling all over themselves to make an arrest. And they do. What is this all based on ?.......dishonor among thieves.

This case is going to crumble right in front of us if this continues...............

Oh, and as far as the video goes..........I suspected all along that one of the Pearcy clan probably downloaded a sex vidoe from the internet and played it back for the<Mod Snip> that started this entire thing. It was probably some raunchy sex video made right here in California, U.S.A.---- I imagine they did it for the shock value alone.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it......they've got nothing on Pearcy.......never did.

This case sounds just as weak as a bunch of you guys in here say it does. Every time one of these rats decides to implicate one of their fellow rats, the TBI is falling all over themselves to make an arrest. And they do. What is this all based on ?.......dishonor among thieves.

This case is going to crumble right in front of us if this continues...............

Oh, and as far as the video goes..........I suspected all along that one of the Pearcy clan probably downloaded a sex vidoe from the internet and played it back for the <Mod Snip> that started this entire thing. It was probably some raunchy sex video made right here in California, U.S.A.---- I imagine they did it for the shock value alone.

Could be. Or it could be that JP had a video of his ex-wife (although there is some confusion...some sources say it's mark's ex, I'm not sure if we have anything solid on whose ex it is) and showed it to that woman. Not uncommon for people to share ex-*advertiser censored*. The woman thought maybe she could get him to talk about a "Holly" video on tape to get her son out of jail. Or maybe she knows that he's the type to just not listen when people talk and he would just answer "uh huh" to whatever she said. Who really knows.

Either way, I don't think those two were involved in this at all.

Thanks. It never did make sense to me the state was going to try them first for the tampering with evidence since both had federal cases already pending. The feds would have first priority on the cases they have against both of them and after then ...they would be tried in state court. This way the clock is not running on those particular state offenses. Since they were dismissed without prejudice they will pick them back up after the federal trials are over with.

The state probably knows the rape case against Dylan wasn't going to happen until the federal trial has been held so that one is staying.

IMO

From the beginning I've thought that there is no better insurance, to keep someone to keep their mouths shut, than a video of that someone committing a horrendous crime. If a video is ever uncovered I feel that each of the participants involved in the horror of what happened to Holly will be shown on that video committing a crime.

As posted earlier by some of our sleuths, LE has worked with the "weakest link" to get the information they need to solve this case and bring justice to Holly. I feel that all the pieces will eventually come together and all the players will get their due.

I don't know what they have or don't have as evidence against the P's. Actually what they have on any of them. A few pages back I did post that imo, Fed charges take precidence over state, I thought. It's happened in many cases that I've read about.

To me, this possibly will delay prosecuting the guilty or at least some of them involved in Holly's murder.

If they don't have the video, they could have more witnesses to testify that there was a video, etc...

There was never the accusation that MP was pictured on the video...only that he had shown the video to someone else. The federal charges will be handled first...then we will see what happens with MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea