Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #3 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think we don't know enough to know whether more could have been done or not. I would be truly heartsick if it turned out LE dropped the ball at a point she could have been saved. I certainly don't want to believe that.

But what you suggested isn't what Steve was referring to. He specifically said the rumors should have prompted a search of their homes.

I don't think we know if LE knocked on their doors or not. If they did, I suspect Holly might not have been in any state to know it or able to cry out for help.

We know she was there and was seen, but I doubt she was sitting on the couch watching television.

If Holly went missing in 2011, and if Autry is accurate in his interview, then
wondering why in the world it took this long before they even tried to question him. Things like that are flooring me right now. It just seems everyone in town had some suspects except for LE.

Per the News Channel 5 interview: "And, Autry said while he was serving time on one arrest in 2012 TBI agents paid him the first of many visits to press him on the Bobo case."

Ummm isn't that what I posted. You snipped my post so the relevancy is lost in your comments. We were discussing witnesses.

I didn't snip out anything that changed any meaning, just your added rationale you cited for asserting what you did. But your rationale was wrong, a misunderstanding of what was being said.

You said we "disagreed on the interpretation of the charges" which was a clear reference to how the murder was mentioned as being "in the perpetration of the kidnapping." But there is nothing in that murder charge terminology that somehow implies any particular time frame for the murder, so there's no "interpretation" to be debated.

The DA explained that, and others here are well aware of it factually. It's really not in question.

In relation to the witnesses, the point is that Holly was a "missing person" until two months ago or so. If someone saw her alive, they may not have seen any felony, and only known she was said to be "missing." When she was seen, they may not have seen anything that looked like a kidnapping or murder, decided in their own mind it was benign and not wanting to get involved, and it could have occurred at any time early, much later, or anywhere in between, who knows.

As reedus has noted, given that (or any) possible ambiguity, LE is smart enough not to start putting possible witnesses on the defensive by trying to put them in jail.

TENNESSEE STATUTES AND CODES

39-11-411 - Accessory after the fact.

Listen
39-11-411. Accessory after the fact.

(a) A person is an accessory after the fact who, after the commission of a felony, with knowledge or reasonable ground to believe that the offender has committed the felony, and with the intent to hinder the arrest, trial, conviction or punishment of the offender:

(1) Harbors or conceals the offender;

(2) Provides or aids in providing the offender with any means of avoiding arrest, trial, conviction or punishment; or

(3) Warns the offender of impending apprehension or discovery.

(b) This section shall have no application to an attorney providing legal services as required or authorized by law.

(c) Accessory after the fact is a Class E felony.

[Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 1; 1994, ch. 978, § 4; 1995, ch. 281, § 1.]

- See more at: http://statutes.laws.com/tennessee/title-39/chapter-11/part-4/39-11-411#sthash.r8xYHSj4.dpuf

http://statutes.laws.com/tennessee/title-39/chapter-11/part-4/39-11-411

Quoting myself. It appears some may have missed this. Class E felony

Not sure what prompted your comment but, respectfully, why would anyone think they are relying heavily/substantially on hearsay? There are around 360,000 pages of discovery (link below). And, since hearsay is not admissible, except for certain very specific exceptions, it seems pretty clear they wouldn't charge anyone with a felony without physical evidence.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...-development-in-holly-bobo-case#axzz32THp8KXA

Maybe the posts suggesting LE has nothing, why didn't they do this, why didn't they do that, they have screwed up the investigation, don't know what they are doing, etc., are just frustration talking because they are so tight-lipped about the evidence. But, honestly, after the trials where we knew everything, trial that could have been won, but became a public spectacle instead and were lost because of it, I would rather be in the dark if it increases their changes of putting those sick twists behind bars.

Doesn't mean he was innocent. ;)

Where is this coming from that the TBI and the DA is just relying on hearsay witnesses to bring these two POSs to trial?

I have never seen one trial compiled of only hearsay witnesses and I darn sure don't expect it to be in this case either.

Its as if some really believe that all they have is what the TBI Director mentioned. Really? Seriously? And they are contemplating the death penalty?:floorlaugh: When we already know how secretive the TBI is with the evidence they have against suspects. But this is all they have? Baaawhaaaaaaaaa!

I am not laughing at you maskedwoman but the thought that some really believe that nonsense is hilarious to me. That is about as hilarious as Adams and Autry saying they aren't the ones. lol!

By the time these cases come to trial the hearsay witnesses wont be the only problem the A-Train has to worry about. It will just be the icing on the cake. It will be all the other evidence that is going to come in pointing directly at them as being the kidnappers and murderers of HB that they better be worried about.

IMO

Depending on who the witnesses are, who supposedly saw Holly alive after that morning...they could just be trying to make it sound like the suspected killer did not kill her, since she was alive at whatever time, implying that something happened to her later, by someone else. jmo

wondering why in the world it took this long before they even tried to question him. Things like that are flooring me right now. It just seems everyone in town had some suspects except for LE.

Per the News Channel 5 interview: "And, Autry said while he was serving time on one arrest in 2012 TBI agents paid him the first of many visits to press him on the Bobo case."

I didn't watch the interview with Autry. I think he is nothing more than a big blowhard liar who craves attention.

When in 2012?

It wasn't until November of 2012 was it that posters over there started posting what they had been told by the A-Train gang? So maybe the A-Train weren't running their mouths before then since that forum has been running full speed since the day she went missing. I think if they had been running their mouths earlier local posters would have posted about it much earlier than they did.

If they came to him in 2012 it may be because they were monitoring that forum and his name kept cropping up along with others.

But like I said... I didn't watch the interview though.

IMO

Depending on who the witnesses are, who supposedly saw Holly alive after that morning...they could just be trying to make it sound like the suspected killer did not kill her, since she was alive at whatever time, implying that something happened to her later, by someone else. jmo

Or they may have been told by Adams and Autry they did finally murder her later on but the witnesses didn't see the actual killing and only saw her when she was being kept alive.

The part that bothers me greatly about seeing Holly alive is I don't believe Holly was in a well condition at anytime after they took her back to Adams home.

If what I have read by the locals are even half true.....Holly went through hell on earth before they finally murdered the poor young woman.

IMO

I would say they are scum and cowards but simply failing to report it is not a crime. If asked by LE if they saw the child and they deny it, now there is a crime. If they see the 6 year old being held captive, fail to report it and then put up blinds because they thought LE might see the same thing...now you may have a crime.

Wouldn't the law consider the entire time Holly was held against her will to be "during the commission of" or "all inclusive" kidnapping, and not just the time 30 minutes or so that the actual physical taking of her from her house occurred. I may have missed something, but if LE is charging that she was murdered during the commission of the kidnapping, I would think that applied day one thru whenever the murder occurred. Its not like on day 2 she could have gotten up and gone home. Maybe I am misunderstanding. My point is that if DA saw her at ZA's house alive, is he guilty of not reporting a felony, kidnapping, in progress. I would think he is, but is not being charged at this time in exchange for his testimony. That's a pretty bitter pill if its the case, but if I where in the Bobo's shoes, or LE even, I think its one I would probably be willing to swallow. DA = Linda Kasabian.

Anyway, lots of good arguing today!

Really wondering why ZA said about DA, "he's the one that started all this..."

Maybe that's what is missing here

If what I have read by the locals are even half true.....Holly went through hell on earth before they finally murdered the poor young woman.

Yeah, I doubt the "locals" would have really known a thing. More likely they were speculating, and letting their imaginations run wild with the lack of any actual knowledge ...kinda like goes on here, now that i think of it.

Yeah, I doubt the "locals" would have really known a thing. More likely they were speculating, and letting their imaginations run wild with the lack of any actual knowledge ...kinda like goes on here, now that i think of it.

Not to make light, whatever happened, LE believe or have evidence that Holly didn't live though the experience...

BBM - I think that was part of the problem. TBI got so bogged down having to run down every last tip/lead/rumor and so many people were throwing out theories/suspects that it ate up the TBI's time having to run down each one. It's an example of the damage a crackpot like Tony Calabrese do.

Wouldn't the law consider the entire time Holly was held against her will to be "during the commission of" or "all inclusive" kidnapping, and not just the time 30 minutes or so that the actual physical taking of her from her house occurred. I may have missed something, but if LE is charging that she was murdered during the commission of the kidnapping, I would think that applied day one thru whenever the murder occurred. Its not like on day 2 she could have gotten up and gone home. Maybe I am misunderstanding. My point is that if DA saw her at ZA's house alive, is he guilty of not reporting a felony, kidnapping, in progress. I would think he is, but is not being charged at this time in exchange for his testimony. That's a pretty bitter pill if its the case, but if I where in the Bobo's shoes, or LE even, I think its one I would probably be willing to swallow. DA = Linda Kasabian.

Anyway, lots of good arguing today!

Everything you said about kidnapping is correct. If DA only saw her and didn't report it...no, not a crime. , lowlife? Yes, but not a crime. In addition to failing to report, it would have to be established that he did something to conceal the crime. Thus my hypothetical of putting up the curtains to conceal the fact that someone was being held against their will inside.

Controversy Over Lawyer Access To Bobo Murder Suspect

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The war of words has escalated, and it could jeopardize the case against one of the Holly Bobo murder suspects.

The attorney for suspect Jason Autry said he may ask the judge to dismiss the indictment, claiming Riverbend Maximum Security Prison is hindering Autry's right to a legal defense.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25590166/controversy-over-lawyer-access-to-bobo-murder-suspect

Not good imo. Why can't they do face to face without a barrier?

Ugh..we don't need any hiccups if this goes to trial. :banghead:

BBM - I think that was part of the problem. TBI got so bogged down having to run down every last tip/lead/rumor and so many people were throwing out theories/suspects that it ate up the TBI's time having to run down each one. It's an example of the damage a crackpot like Tony Calabrese do.

That's BS, imo

Are you saying TC who was in Ohio was more of a threat than the local thugs with rap sheets longer than the Nile River? What a waste of time chasing after someone who only wanted to help find Holly. I'm sure they're embarrassed by the time and resources wasted.

Really wondering why ZA said about DA, "he's the one that started all this..."

Maybe that's what is missing here

This is a great question that I have asked myself many times now.

If we could answer this question, we may have the key to the motive of why she was taken in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500