Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #3 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Controversy Over Lawyer Access To Bobo Murder Suspect

Autry's attorney Fletcher Long wants better access.

This past week, Long complained that Riverbend has not allowed him face-to-face, private meetings with Autry, who is in segregation.

"We are either interviewing him at his cell or through very thick glass through which I'm not able to hear," Long stated.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25590166/controversy-over-lawyer-access-to-bobo-murder-suspect

Notice the "at his cell OR".

Could it be the lawyer just doesnt like going into the cell and the only other alternative is through the glass. This could be just that the laywer doesnt like going into the cell and having to walk by all the other prisoners.

So long as officials at the prison are using the same procedures for other inmates as they are with him then it is just too bad for the lawyer however if they are doing something different then the lawyer has a valid argument IMO.

So far I am not too impressed with this lawyer because he seems to use terms like "OR", "MAYBE" a lot. He could just be blowing a lot of smoke with no real basis on things.

Really wondering why ZA said about DA, "he's the one that started all this..."

Maybe that's what is missing here

This is a great question that I have asked myself many times now.

If we could answer this question, we may have the key to the motive of why she was taken in the first place.

:seeya:

1st BBM: My first impression when I heard this was that ZA was po'd at his brother DA because he was "ratting" him [Zach] out ... and DA was "talking" to reduce his own jail time ...

On the other hand, it is possible that DA did "start all this" -- but WHAT did he start ?

2nd BBM: I would also like to know the "motive" :banghead:

JMO and :moo:

Exactly. In reading the case and court ruling, I came to the very same conclusion. It was not really the failure to report, but rather the active involvement after the fact, that was the basis for his charges and conviction.

I read the Court of Appeals opinion in Boyd's case. He was charged and convicted of 1) accessory after the fact and 2) misprision of felony. To quote the Court: "An individual is guilty of being an accessory after the fact when he, 'knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment.' 18 U.S.C. § 3. Misprision of a felony occurs when a person, 'having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States.' "

Notice the "at his cell OR".

Could it be the lawyer just doesnt like going into the cell and the only other alternative is through the glass. This could be just that the laywer doesnt like going into the cell and having to walk by all the other prisoners.

So long as officials at the prison are using the same procedures for other inmates as they are with him then it is just too bad for the lawyer however if they are doing something different then the lawyer has a valid argument IMO.

So far I am not too impressed with this lawyer because he seems to use terms like "OR", "MAYBE" a lot. He could just be blowing a lot of smoke with no real basis on things.

Typical defense attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member