How Are You Going To Watch Trial ? Live Feed & Smart Phone Info

I think I see an odd occurrence of a high rate of colds and bad backs in may.

I am soo envious RKR, wish I could work from home :(

What a pathetic bunch we are :great: - really! All trying to fudge off work - LOL. I run a business from a home office and expect to be pushing a cart up the street looking for handouts by the end of the summer - I'll be so broke from skipping out to watch the trial!

But there is no way I will miss a second of it. I think I'm going to be like many of you - watch the opening statements and the really good bits, then spend most evenings watching the dvr taped segments. It's the OJ trial all over again, except this time I am watching with purpose - Justice For Caylee!:rocker:

I just posted this post on another thread. It might help you with that iPad since it won't do flash and most of the videos are based on flash. It does work on videos from all of our local news channels and I tested it on a live feed from cspan and that worked too. :woohoo:

Thank you!!! I will try this shortly! I have an iPad and have asked several times if anyone knew how to watch. Do you know if it works with 3G? I tried another one, and it worked on the wifi, but not 3G.

On another note, the Orange County Courthouse Courtroom 23 website mentions something about live streaming. I am not very computer savvy. Does this mean we could watch that?

http://www.ninja9.org/courtadmin/mis/courtroom_23.htm

This You Tube'r does a really good job of recording, dating and numbering the hearings. They're going to try to record every day of trial as well. I hope I'm allowed to link this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/S0meRand0mName#p/u/50/Ujy-JKuywnM"]YouTube - S0meRand0mName's Channel[/ame]

The only video that is out of whack is Mar 7/11 Part 5. Hearst Corporation removed it for some reason and SOmeRandOmName has replaced it but it's in mirror image. Otherwise everything is brilliant.

I get really annoyed with Tru TV's coverage. They always seem to go to commercial right when something good is going on - and they stop covering at 3pm. What's up with that? Don't they know we want to SEE EVERY MINUTE OF IT? So, then I have tried watching the local stations live streams, and on my Mac they seem to time out often, no matter what I do:( So - I'm still trying to find a way to watch it all. Already have decided I'm heading to the gym really early so that I can be back by 9 a.m. They will probably be very surprised to see me! LOL

Thank you!!! I will try this shortly! I have an iPad and have asked several times if anyone knew how to watch. Do you know if it works with 3G? I tried another one, and it worked on the wifi, but not 3G.

On another note, the Orange County Courthouse Courtroom 23 website mentions something about live streaming. I am not very computer savvy. Does this mean we could watch that?

I don't know if it'll work, but put it in my favorites for just in case.

I get really annoyed with Tru TV's coverage. They always seem to go to commercial right when something good is going on - and they stop covering at 3pm. What's up with that? Don't they know we want to SEE EVERY MINUTE OF IT? So, then I have tried watching the local stations live streams, and on my Mac they seem to time out often, no matter what I do:( So - I'm still trying to find a way to watch it all. Already have decided I'm heading to the gym really early so that I can be back by 9 a.m. They will probably be very surprised to see me! LOL

I'm on a mac and watch cnn.com/live and it is fantastic - no commercials or commentaries and no problems - just great. Have you tried it?

I can't stand the refreshing all the time on the other media stations - I'm watching the hearings not watching the thingy that says timedout - :banghead:

I personally work where no internet is acessable. So I contacted Sirius Radio to see if They are XM will be carrying the trial... No answer. and they do not carry Tru TV anymore. Only HLN or CNN. But I can't imagine HLN carrying whole trial. So Then I called Verizon.. For $20 dollars a month we can get a mobile Hot spot on our Cell phones (smart phone) plan for 2 gigs of streaming media a month to use our laptops to connect to one of Florida's Media TV stations who will be carrying it. So that's what I did. My mobile hot spot will be activated on May 5th...
Does anyone eles have any ideas for the working person besides DVR? (which I have also)
Even if you're only planning on the 2GB as an 'emergency fix', those 2GB will disappear quickly if you're not careful. So here's my tip: watch the WFTV streams. WKMG and WESH have better quality streams than WFTV and it will cost you too much bandwidth. I have recorded the hearings and just compared size of the files to calculate the amount of bytes we're talking about; a 27 minute segment from WFTV is 85MB, and that same segment from WESH is 250MB. That means that watching WESH for 8 hours would take up your whole 2GB. So, to save your bytes, watch a low quality stream.

Hope this helps :seeya:

I go to the office 3 days a week and work from home 2 days a week, so can someone please tell me which tv stations will be covering the trial and which websites? :)

Actually, I think it was your question on another thread that got me searching the app store for some way to watch on my iPad. Yep, it's working fine on the 3G. The picture quality is just a little fuzzier than on my wifi home network. I guess that's because they optimize it for your connection. The sound is good though and the picture is good enough.

I think that the live stream in the courtroom goes out to the media and then the media streams it through to us.

Thank you so much for that info... I'm also looking to see if I can buy a verizon usb port thingy (dongle?) that will give me unlimited wi-fi on laptop for 40 bucks a month? But have a feeling that plan has a 2 year committment..
which is a no go... But will call verizon to ask about it.

Just looked on android market place.. skyfire doesn't seem to work for android's well.. Must be for Ipads only... <sigh>

Doesn't Android work with flash video already? I thought apple products were the only ones that didn't do flash.

Doesn't Android work with flash video already? I thought apple products were the only ones that didn't do flash.

I just read the reviews on it in the market place.. says not to good for android...

Thank you so much for that info... I'm also looking to see if I can buy a verizon usb port thingy (dongle?) that will give me unlimited wi-fi on laptop for 40 bucks a month? But have a feeling that plan has a 2 year committment..
which is a no go... But will call verizon to ask about it.
You're welcome MsTeal! Those dongles are great, I have one of these as well on a work laptop, but I think you're right about a long term commitment, so that might not be such a good idea in this case.

I work out of my home, but still can't be prisoner for at least 2 months of trial, so I bit the bullet and did my research, I just have basic cable, so I just ordered a dvr from walmart lol.
Had to order the one with built in tuner to pick up hdtv channels and it supposedly has 300 hrs. of internal memory so I can record and catch up in the evenings when I can't watch. So I will pick it up at local Walmart tomorrow and I have 19 days to figure out how to hook it up and record and watch. Wish me luck.

OMG! Shame on all of you for watching while working! :giggle:

I WOULD NEVER do that! :giggle:

I just read the reviews on it in the market place.. says not to good for android...

...but doesn't your regular android browser work for videos? The only reason iPads and iPhones need something is because it won't work on the regular browser.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back