How difficult to forge PR's handwriting?

Your observation doesn't help RDI because the same scenario can be applied to IDI: One intruder receiving dictation from another who didin't even have to be there.

So where was he? On the phone? And if "he" was there....why no evidence left behind? It is hard enough to believe that ONE person could sneak into another persons house, stay for hours, and leave NO TRACE of being there....much less TWO people. Heck, maybe the whole small foreign faction was sitting around the table adding their two cent, while one of them did the writing. Maybe they munched on pineapple and drank tea from a glass, to give them brain power...so that they could think.

Christmas phrases, with additions:

Dear

Mr. and Mrs. _____

May you and your(s)
Hope you
Have a
Very
Merry Christmas!
and
a Happy New Year!.
holliday season

to
from
Thank you,

Wishing you and your family.
All the best
in 1997
Hope you

Love
luv
love

John
Patsey
friend(s)
the Ramseys

Best Wishes

and a Happy New Year !

exemplars used in the construstion of the ransom note:

source: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ransom1.html

A a (uppercase 'A's resembles an inverted 'V', lower case 'a's
have similar body size)

B b ('B's resemble 'P's, lower case 'b's resemble inverted 'p's)

[C] c (vary in scale and approach size of an upper case 'C')

D d (uppercase 'D's are ornate & resemble a rotated 'A', lowercase 'd's have malattached backs and are generally malformed)

e ('e's are uniform, [some of the 'f's remsemble an uppercase 'E'])

f (most variation of form: seen among 'f' exemplars)

g (heads of 'g's resemble an 'a' and have malattached tails)

h (lowercase but large in scale)

I i (uppercase 'I' resemble a 'T' of smaller scale)

J (John)

k ('k' exemplars, identical in form)

L l (two uppercase 'L's used in the note, individual 'l's and
double 'l's, have breaks and distortions)

M m (two uppercase 'M's: one ornate in form / 'm' and 'w's similar when
rotated or inverted)

n (comparable in form to 'r's)

o (when visible, in smaller words, have perfect construction)

P (['P's]similar in form and scale)

q (and an odd little 'q' it is)

R r (one uppercase 'R's within the note, ornate in form, lower
case 'r's, similar size and construction)

S s (the base of some of the larger scale 'S's resembles the c)

T t ( lowercase 't's vary in form)

U u (uppercase U remsebles a rotated C)

V v (V in Victory, little more than a check mark, left branch being shorter
in both upper and lower case exemplars)

W w ( uppercase 'W's look like magnifications of the lower case 'w's,
ie horizontal and vertical stretch applied at 150% to the lowercase)

x (resembles the lowercase 'v' in scale)

Y y (abudance of Y, y s within the note, all of similar scale)

!

% (slash resembles the tails of PR's 'Y's)

- (the word pick - up)

Hey,
why not scan and post your masterpiece? (a fake RN that looks like it but in your own handwriting)

"You have the fighting style of a Sith, but this can be imitated. I sense fear in you and Sith Lords have no fear." Dooku to Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars cartoon EU.

I've already used the "you have hatred" bit!

I've been from one handwriting expert to another, I've seen a lot of strange things, but I've not seen one all powerful handwriting expert in control of everything. It's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors and nonsense.

It was a more elegant art in a more civilized age. Before the dark times.

Hi,
I had in mind a template for a "forger" to get the look and feel for PR's handwriting from which to write the RN -- I'm sure handwriting experts used historical exemplars to compare her handwriting to RN

They did.

using tools like computers scanners and superimposing images.

I'm not so sure about that.

I've already used the "you have hatred" bit!

It was a more elegant art in a more civilized age. Before the dark times.

Before Touch DNA. Before forensic linguistics. SD, who was a pupil of mind before he turned to websleuths, helped the RDI hunt down and destroy the IDI. SD was seduced by the dark side of the investigation. Now all that's left is a couple pieces of DNA to tell us what really happened that night.

off-topic but what EU do you like? your quote I believe originates from Darth Bane. If I quote from EU Clone Wars or Legacy would you recognize it?

Before Touch DNA. Before forensic linguistics. SD, who was a pupil of mind before he turned to websleuths, helped the RDI hunt down and destroy the IDI. SD was seduced by the dark side of the investigation. Now all that's left is a couple pieces of DNA to tell us what really happened that night.

off-topic but what EU do you like? your quote I believe originates from Darth Bane. If I quote from EU Clone Wars or Legacy would you recognize it?

Those guys are little girls.

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Lacy, it will soon see the end of the IDI.

off-topic but what EU do you like? your quote I believe originates from Darth Bane.

Exar Kun, actually. The "Rule of Two" originates with Darth Bane. I'm very partial to the "Heir to the Empire" series. And I'm a VERY big fan of the video game saga "Knights of the Old Republic."

If I quote from EU Clone Wars or Legacy would you recognize it?

"Clone Wars" you have a fair chance. I don't know "Legacy" from

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Lacy, it will soon see the end of the IDI.

hahahaha. In our moment of triumph? You underestimate their chances.

Exar Kun, actually. The "Rule of Two" originates with Darth Bane. I'm very partial to the "Heir to the Empire" series. And I'm a VERY big fan of the video game saga "Knights of the Old Republic."

"Clone Wars" you have a fair chance. I don't know "Legacy" from

For once, I stand corrected. Forgot about Exar Kun. Dark Horse comics also published Clone Wars, Dark Times, and Legacy. There's a star wars wikipedia. Darth Krayt eliminates the Rule of two for the rule One Sith - the order itself. Jedi Quinlan Vos is my fav Clone Wars Jedi, you may know his padawan, Aalya Secura.

hahahaha. In our moment of triumph? You underestimate their chances.

You don't know the power of the dark side.

For once, I stand corrected. Forgot about Exar Kun. Dark Horse comics also published Clone Wars, Dark Times, and Legacy. There's a star wars wikipedia. Darth Krayt eliminates the Rule of two for the rule One Sith - the order itself. Jedi Quinlan Vos is my fav Clone Wars Jedi, you may know his padawan, Aalya Secura.

I do. Twi'lek woman. I'm familiar with Quinlan Vos. No disrespect intended, but I think we should continue this on a different forum.

Hey,
why not scan and post your masterpiece? (a fake RN that looks like it but in your own handwriting)

Hi voynich.

That's easy enough to do.
to Create visual distortion of your own handwriting.

Just scan a rn , a page created by your hand,
save file,
load to 'paint' .....
and then modify aspects of your script using the 'paint' and art capabilitiees; 'drag' the tails, expand or extend using 'thick 'pencil' or 'paint' strokes,
invert or rotate exemplars to create variation, play around with scale and symmetry.......

at 2x magnification the exemplars are easier to modify,
at 6x the remnants of cut and paste are observable.

then print out, in medium tone of greys, (4 basic 'paint' color choices on the 'to' black end of the palate; white, light grey. medium grey, black)
note that 'erase' creates sharp edges...
both, having an affect on the final visual.....

save
print

print using color selection from basic 'paint', so either medium grey or black .... print using a similar stroke size, but smaller that the width of the tip of the marker,
then trace over your printed page using a 'sharpie'.
choice of paper, your option.

Go at it!

HinT*

*errr ..... but don't leave those tell tale signs of cut n' paste .... those random dots, left behind from cutting and dragging or the random hits of the pencil option that leave, pencil points, little squares of 'color tone', visible at 6x mag.

Just that ... I'm deconstruting the rn, so I'm kinda doing the reverse.

eliminating duplicates within the source exemplars (template), seperating exemplars at various mags, looking for those details reminessant of cn'p.

But you could attempt to make a rn of your 'own'.

Do or do not, there is no try.

Hi voynich.

That's easy enough to do.
to Create visual distortion of your own handwriting.

Just scan a rn , a page created by your hand,
save file,
load to 'paint' .....
and then modify aspects of your script using the 'paint' and art capabilitiees; 'drag' the tails, expand or extend using 'thick 'pencil' or 'paint' strokes,
invert or rotate exemplars to create variation, play around with scale and symmetry.......

But you could attempt to make a rn of your 'own'.

Do or do not, there is no try.

LOL Yoda. I was thinking that to simulate an IDI (or PR) to use one's hand to try to handwrite something that looks enough like the RN to fool the handwriting experts as well as come up with a minimum time it would take to write such a long handwritten note, and how this fits in any timeline (IDI OR RDI)

You don't know the power of the dark side.

I do. Twi'lek woman. I'm familiar with Quinlan Vos. No disrespect intended, but I think we should continue this on a different forum.

You don't know the power of the dark side:

Hi SD.

What did the Ramseys say about evil ....
"We don't know anybody that evil", is that the R's quote?

About being forged I don't know, but I remember one time after getting in a fight at school I forged my mother'd signature.And after 16 years with someone you will know everything about them.

LOL Yoda.

*smile ... Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhrnnn.

I was thinking that to simulate an IDI (or PR) to use one's hand to try to handwrite something that looks enough like the RN to fool the handwriting experts as well as come up with a minimum time it would take to write such a long handwritten note, and how this fits in any timeline (IDI OR RDI)

JR is a genius. Pr was a writer and artistic: available time: approx 5 hours of intense activity and brainstorming.

known IDI: prepared note on lined paper from Ramsey home, paper previously taken from or given by a Ramsey: lots of available time.

IDI: well studied in PR's handwriting, tracing a template of the note on paper from Ramsey home, depends on your skills, less than 20 minutes?
on the spot construction and total free hand attempt at forgery, depends on your skills ..... ?

*smile ... Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhrnnn.

JR is a genius. Pr was a writer and artistic: available time: approx 5 hours of intense activity and brainstorming.

known IDI: prepared note on lined paper from Ramsey home, paper previously taken from or given by a Ramsey: lots of available time.

IDI: well studied in PR's handwriting, tracing a template of the note on paper from Ramsey home, depends on your skills, less than 20 minutes?
on the spot construction and total free hand attempt at forgery, depends on your skills ..... ?

Hey are you good at this? Why not try and time yourself and report to us, and scan it and post it so we can see your masterpiece. As for me, I have baaaad handwriting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back