How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

• I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

Votes: 283 56.4%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

Votes: 130 25.9%
  • I have no idea what to think.

Votes: 89 17.7%

• Total voters
The juvenile court has authority over an existing and living abused, neglected or abandoned 2 year old.
According to Cindy that is what Caylee is. CDF said she was at risk. Casey ABANDONED caylee when she left her on the landing of n unoccupied apartement.

I just watched the video of the clash today. I understand that the Anthony's are not easy to like. I see how they seem to be in a constant state of aggression and anger but what I really see is devastation. I believe that the Anthonys are so overwhelmed by loss that they can't face their grief. I think they have to be angry and combative in order to avoid that which they cannot face. They have truly lost everything. No aspect of their lives will ever the same. I am so sad when I see them. I'm not justifying any of their actions, but they certainly have earned my compassion.

I think if Cindy doesn't get some serious help, she won't survive if they DO find Caylee. That woman is definitely imploding.

How do you know what they will "never" do?

Because it benefits them more if Caylee is "alive out there somewhere" than if she's dead.

But NONE of them are acting in her best interest in my opinion and I believe the court would find that also.

They all appear to have ulterior motives. Of course KC's motive is to keep the needle out of her arm and the Anthony's is the same, not to mention there is no money to be collected on a DEAD Caylee.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think it is safe to say, that even if Caylee's remains are found and the family has their service, that NO ONE outside of immediate family will be allowed to attend. My feeling is that this is the only way any outsiders would be able to memorialize her anyway. So, why wait?

It also seems to me that the Anthonys have already held very PUBLIC "vigils" for her, so I don't think they have a right to suddenly demand the public NOT gather in Caylee's name.

Quiet Your Hearts.......

and Listen

Cay3.jpg

Just when I didnt think I had a tear left....

I read the question and answered without knowing any details of what was planned. I voted yes to a memorial service but did have to think about it. Good question!!
I think a huge vigil is more appropriate than a memorial service and in a perfect world, the family should always have final say. But...
This isn't a perfect world though and Caylee had a far from perfect family. Because of that, she became known to all of us, and loved by us in tragic circumstances. We have the right to grieve in anyway we see fit, just as the Anthonys have the right to hate us for it.
Caylee deserved the best and never got it in life. If she has to get it now from strangers then so be it. Caylee is what matters, not LP, Cindy or us IMO.

I think it's in poor taste and nothing but an attempt to gain more media and attention for LP.

If anyone ever wants to hold a memorial service for me, I'd really appreciate if they'd wait until I was officially declared deceased, please.
Oh, of course...but that raises an interesting question...who can have this child declared dead legally. I'm thinking even with a guilty verdict, the As will continue to believe Caylee is alive. Who can assume that role, if anyone?

I think he is an self admitted media *advertiser censored* and this is a guarantee of coverage tomorrow, and more interview appearances. The FBI guy yesterday said he thought LP's only motivation was coverage. TM said today he was frustrated with LP and his media circus, that it was unproductive. The prosecution is asking for a gag order on this mess. None of this is helping. A search could have been conducted without all the press coverage in advance. TM says he was there with sonar previously, that didn't result in a media circus and the Anthony's on site. The whole thing is just so sad.

Agreed.....and what is this nonsense about "working with the FBI" and the "FBI turning this BP search over to me" BS.

This dude needs to get real, and those that think he is doing such a 'great job' need to take off the rose colored glasses and stop being so naive.

ITA...it's hard to explain how many of us feel because we didn't know her as her family did...but we did in a way, now didn't we? How many of us here hurt this weekend when she wasn't located...I mean really hurt? How many of us have cried many times over this little girl? Does it make sense to an outsider, perhaps not. There is a reason why we're here trying our best, seeking out justice for those who have no voice. IMO we and other forums like us ARE Caylee's voice. I suppose some may say closure will be when they find Casey guilty. But, I much rather have it in remembering Caylee. In what ever shape or form it takes...a vigil, prayer session, or memorial...I see nothing wrong with trying to find solace in standing with others who grieve as we do. JMHO

How many people have put their own time and money into trying to find this little girl. They deserve a right to mourn over a child about whom NOTHING has been heard in almost 5 months. What are the odds that she is still alive?

His 15 minutes was up a long time ago.... he needs to go back to whatever he was doing before this case.... Oh thats right who ever heard of him before????? How dare he, so his dive was a flop and now this mess...what next? Sad old man needs to back away and go take care of his own family and leave the Anthony's alone. JMO

How do you know what they will "never" do?

The odds are real good on that because of past behaviors. You can never tell what people will do, but even if they did sometime in the distant future, it would not include a lot of searchers who have given up their family life, their vacations and their money to search for a child the Anthonys would not even bother to search for so far.

Sur, there are people who have spent a LOT of time and energy to try to find this child, who care deeply for her because no one else seems to care who might find a lot of comfort in a memorial service.

I find it nothing but a publicity stunt on CA's part to even come where the divers were today in my opinion. They KNEW what was going on, and just like when they tried to embarrass Tim before, here they came.

His 15 minutes was up a long time ago.... he needs to go back to whatever he was doing before this case.... Oh thats right who ever heard of him before????? How dare he, so his dive was a flop and now this mess...what next? Sad old man needs to back away and go take care of his own family and leave the Anthony's alone. JMO

His dive wasn't a flop, it was a success. He got all kinds of media attention.

~Thanks, Dolly!~

Caylee has not been pronounced dead.
It has not been accepted as fact by a jury of Casey's peers.
And the family has not accepted it as fact at this point.

If my husband was missing, and I either truly held out a shred of hope that he was alive or was apparantly mentally unstable and unable/unwilling to accept it and a non family member had a memorial, not a vigil or prayer gathering, for my spouse you would get very unflattering video of me as well.

I think it is in poor taste at a very emotional point in the case and accomplishes nothing. It is not bringing peace to anyone. It is upsetting the family and the searchers by pouring gas on the fire. Which brings more attention, more cameras, and more interviews.

I agree

Bolded by me. Have they suddenly forgotten how to use a telephone? Absolutely no reason to show up today except to deliberately cause a commotion in front of the cameras, once again. I'm sure they could have come to an agreement with LP if they had discussed it with him rationally, in private. To avoid further scenes and violence, perhaps it would be best if everyone who felt the need for closure at this stage, quietly and privately tossed flowers into the water, or left soft toys, cards, etc., in what they consider an appropriate spot, as an expression of their love for Caylee.

The Anthony's disgust me.
Be careful. The Anthonys may bag up the soft toys and throw them in the garbage again.

I am sure this is their attitude of ALL the people who have been involved in the searches for that child also. When people are so engrossed in selling shirts and collecting money they rarely want anyone tearing up their playhouse.

Oh, of course...but that raises an interesting question...who can have this child declared dead legally. I'm thinking even with a guilty verdict, the As will continue to believe Caylee is alive. Who can assume that role, if anyone?

I have been trying to find the answer to that, it appears to be called legal death, and it has to be petitioned, reasonable amount of time has to have passed and if imminent danger preceeded the dissappearance that can be taken into account (private pilot never returns from a flight, 9-11 victims, etc....). But those have all been filed by someone who is a spouse etc for life insurance or ending of a marriage status. If her family doesn't file or fights said filing I don't know that she will ever be declared dead legally. Let me go dig through some of the other cases where a child's body was not found, the parent was convicted and see if it still took a family member to get a death certificate or if one was never issued.

If there is no life insurance and no burial plot I don't know why would have to be issued?

I have been trying to find the answer to that, it appears to be called legal death, and it has to be petitioned, reasonable amount of time has to have passed and if imminent danger preceeded the dissappearance that can be taken into account (private pilot never returns from a flight, 9-11 victims, etc....). But those have all been filed by someone who is a spouse etc for life insurance or ending of a marriage status. If her family doesn't file or fights said filing I don't know that she will ever be declared dead legally. Let me go dig through some of the other cases where a child's body was not found, the parent was convicted and see if it still took a family member to get a death certificate or if one was never issued.

If there is no life insurance and no burial plot I don't know why would have to be issued?

I guessing that if Casey is found guilty of murder, the court will issue a death certificate. I wouldn't think that a person could be guilty of murder if the victim was not officially deceased.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back