How good is your memory of June 4?

I tried this out myself. Checked my bank records, because that's really the only thing that would give me any info. I don't have a planner (though I'd like to) and I have a dry erase calendar so, obviously I can't find anything there ;)

There was a big event before June 4th and after but, in between I don't remember much of what I did. It was my hubby's vacation from work. I could guess that we had takeout because we usually do takeout & a treat on Fridays but that's about it.

A big white double cab truck I might remember if I was at the school that morning. Normally, I don't know car makes and models, but trucks like that stand out.

I have a sweet little red Beetle and never park beside huge vehicles of any kind. I don't feel safe when backing out of a space when I can't see on either side of me whether or not there are oncoming vehicles in a parking lot. Some trucks, vans, SUVs, etc. tend to dwarf my car, and I sometimes can't even spot it immediately in a parking lot if large vehicles have parked after me.

I have a sweet little red Beetle and never park beside huge vehicles of any kind. I don't feel safe when backing out of a space when I can't see on either side of me whether or not there are oncoming vehicles in a parking lot. Some trucks, vans, SUVs, etc. tend to dwarf my car, and I sometimes can't even spot it immediately in a parking lot if large vehicles have parked after me.

My daug is a big fans of little beetles so I would be checking it out... the thing is I wouldn't remember the day.

My advice to LE on this recall thing of June 4th (and this is NOT meant to be smarmy...) ask around and see if anyone has an autistic child, brother, sister, friend, spouse, etc that was at any of these locations that day.

My BIL has Aspergers.
Without a doubt in my mind, he could tell you with 99% accuracy what he was doing and what he saw that might be considered unusual on June 4th. And he could tell you about June 4th 2009 as well. And probably June 4th 1987, if you gave him a couple of prompts.

Some people just think that way.

Me? I could check my calender and account for most everything, and maybe I would have noticed something unusual...maybe not.

IMO, LE is asking about this line of questioning in part to exclude things rather than to find new witnesses (though those would be a bonus). I think they have witnesses who put the white truck in two separate spaces who also indicate specific vehicles they saw near the white truck (for example, a dark blue SUV that might have been an Explorer). They want...IMO...in part to make sure so parent/visitor at Skyline that day was driving the *other* vehicle spotted (thus asking for make/model/etc. of what the responder was driving on the flier).

That said...I can remember with pretty good accuracy what I did today and most every day this week. At this time next week, I would not be able to tell you with as much accuracy what I did this week. Two weeks from now...even less.

HOWEVER, if, say, a major crime was committed on the campus I work at this afternoon when I was walking through campus to the parking lot (I work in higher ed)...and I found out that night on the news or early the next morning, naturally I would go through my very clear memories to see if I witnessed anything that might lend a hand to the investigation (I mean, OMG, I was walking right by the dorm where such and such happened when it happened). And while I might not seen anything that was of obvious substance to the investigation, you can bet I'd remember everything well beyond the usual 'everyday memory' expiration date...and two months later and with additional facts (the person who committed the crime in the dorm had a friend as 'lookout' outside), I might realize that the young male I saw talking on a cell phone might be as 'normal' as I'd thought at first.

IMO, the fliers are about exclusion more than anything...although if they gather more witnesses, it's 'gravy' so to speak. I think the *first* flier was very productive...IMO.

Um if something big happened that day I would recall things better, if I was asked about seeing something specific I would be able to recall if I saw it, but other than that I don't have a clue what I did June 4th.

Putting memories to the test: Can witnesses retain the details?

KATU wanted to find out if witnesses in the Kyron case could remember what happened June 4. The results are interesting.

http://www.katu.com/home/video/100591994.html

Then you can test your own awareness.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTv4yD6BKlA[/ame]

Doubtful I would record in my calendar diary someone whizzing by in a white truck on the road. However, if I was at the school that morning I would notice people and probably the white truck. Some things are recorded in my memory that I wouldn't have to write down like impressions of a certain person, or the way that white truck stood out when I was looking for a parking spot, then later I saw it moved which struck me odd that mornining, or whatever. IMO, there is hope that people will remember something else about that morning. I hope so because it seems very important to the investigation.

I think it is likely that someone would remember that truck parked on the access road, because that is odd. Likewise, I think they would only remember something in the FM parking lots if it were odd, and noticed at the time, but didn't cause enough concern to be reported to police. JMO

Putting memories to the test: Can witnesses retain the details?

KATU wanted to find out if witnesses in the Kyron case could remember what happened June 4. The results are interesting.

http://www.katu.com/home/video/100591994.html

Then you can test your own awareness.

Respectfully edited video. Thank you so much for sharing this! Since I learned about the recent questionnaire, I have wondered what possible witnesses would recall for that particular day. I'm glad that I started this thread and appreciate each and every contribution to this discussion :dance:

Guys, has anyone thought that when Terri was being questioned she probably felt/knew she was a suspect and had to provide LE with proof of where she was? In doing that over and over for days on end you would memorize it somewhat.
I do this all the time with work/school.
Just because none of us remember what happened June 4th doesn't mean that we can't recollect any other day.
I remember the day my uncle died, almost entirely. I can tell you what I was wearing, where I was going, what I did that I shouldn't of done, what color his car was, what it was, and how he had JUST bought it (he was proud of that thing!), how much gas he just put in it, where I was going that my mother didn't know. I can tell you the view I had while talking to me uncle on the street of the neighbors coming home and unpacking groceries; it was at sunset... I remember the shadows. I can tell you the perfume my mother was wearing that day too, I smelt it all the way down the walkway... Channel #5 - her favorite. I can also recall the time the police called my house saying my uncle had been killed in the car wreck. I can remember the scream my mom belted out... I can remember the feeling I had at 3:17 AM that Saturday over 15 years ago.
I think that I would remember MORE had LE been there drilling me for information. IMO. If I can remember all this without LE, just image what you would remember with LE there?

I agree with what others have said. Now I don't recall what I was doing on that specific day because, at the time, it wasn't relevant.

But I can also recall exact, almost minute by minute, what I was doing the day I've lost loved ones. Seriously, it puts an imprint on your mind. You can recall EXACT details, that mean nothing to anyone but you, it makes it sound like you're rambling, but you're not. It puts everything else, in your mind, in line.

Seriously, that's what is so frustrating about this case. We keep hearing alterations of people's movements, well some, and it makes it soooo confusing.

Oh, and you may not be able to say the exact moment or even 1/2 hour, but say it was beginning to be evening and you remembered, the sun was down, but not dark, so that gives a workable 'estimate' of the time-line.

The one thing you need to remember, is that if you tell the truth, you don't need to REMEMBER, it just IS! But, if you're NOT TELLING the TRUTH, it's more difficult to recall your previous statement.

JMHO
fran

I remember it as being an uneventful day until Freefallzzzz contacted me and said there was a little boy who went missing from a school in Portland. Immediately I thought "if they don't find this precious child soon, we may have another high profile case". But honestly? I thought he wandered away and would be found alive within 24 hours.

:(

Where are you, Kyron???

I'm fairly certain that, had a child gone missing at my son's elementary school on June 4, I'd remember every step I'd made that day--especially considering that LE was involved and parents were being contacted by that evening.

I agree with what others have said. Now I don't recall what I was doing on that specific day because, at the time, it wasn't relevant.

But I can also recall exact, almost minute by minute, what I was doing the day I've lost loved ones. Seriously, it puts an imprint on your mind. You can recall EXACT details, that mean nothing to anyone but you, it makes it sound like you're rambling, but you're not. It puts everything else, in your mind, in line.

Seriously, that's what is so frustrating about this case. We keep hearing alterations of people's movements, well some, and it makes it soooo confusing.

Oh, and you may not be able to say the exact moment or even 1/2 hour, but say it was beginning to be evening and you remembered, the sun was down, but not dark, so that gives a workable 'estimate' of the time-line.

The one thing you need to remember, is that if you tell the truth, you don't need to REMEMBER, it just IS! But, if you're NOT TELLING the TRUTH, it's more difficult to recall your previous statement.

JMHO
fran

I mentioned earlier that I believe that "emotional attachment" to an event plays heavily into our recollection of events on a given day. This is why we can remember minute details very vividly when we learned of the death of a loved one or heard about a major news event. I'm sure that most people also recall much about special days in their lives: graduation, wedding day, birth of a child, etc. There are "emotional" connections to something specific and important in our lives, and we retain those memories because they are significant to us.

That said, the more I thought about June 4 and what I did that day, the greater my recollection became. I recall my conversations with the receptionist, nurse, and physician at the allergist's office. I remember food items I bought at the market and speaking to certain people there. I have a clear recollection of my chat with the pharmacist at CVS, and I recalled exactly what I bought at the Hallmark store. Questioning by LE would likely have revealed much more because I was telling the truth about my day and had nothing to hide.

I think even if I had been there that day, I would never remember now about the parking situation. I would have been going over what was taking place inside that school in my head for two-plus months and it would not have occurred to me to even think about my car or other cars or where they were parked. All of my brain power would have been devoted to thinking about what was happening inside the school.

If you ever wish to commit a crime, don't do it in the vicinity of (former) Florida Senator Bob Graham. He is noted for his diaries. And they don't say things like, "met with the President" or "voted on the tax bill".
They say things like, "got up at 802am, wore red shorts, went to the bathroom, ate muffins, talked to my daughter, had tuna fish for lunch, went to the bathroom, combed my hair...."

Yep, I remember that day QUITE well. I had given birth to my second surrogate baby three days prior. That day, my husband and I got up, phone calls were made back and forth to my attorney and a friend, husband took the kids to school, we had to get the kids from school at 3, rush over in BAD traffic to the attorney's office to sign off on paperwork for the adoption of the baby, then to Applebees.. I could go on in MUCH more detail but I'll save you all from rambling. I still remember getting gas and we spent $42.46. My memory is quite sharp. ;)

I have absolutely NO clue what I did or where I was June 4th. I can assume, but not positively say where I was, or what I did. I can't check the calendar because I tore the month off, and threw it away. I am lucky if I could reconstruct my schedule for a day last week! I do, however, remember yesterday.

I'd really be in trouble if I had to account for my day. I am disabled and stay at home alone most days. I can't prove I was home alone or that I didn't go anywhere. I have no receipts for that day, I have nothing written on my calendar or entered into my cell phone calendar.. I have nobody who saw me all day to vouch for me and where I was. I have many cell phone calls in and out, though. I think I would be screwed.

abbie

Yep, I remember that day QUITE well. I had given birth to my second surrogate baby three days prior. That day, my husband and I got up, phone calls were made back and forth to my attorney and a friend, husband took the kids to school, we had to get the kids from school at 3, rush over in BAD traffic to the attorney's office to sign off on paperwork for the adoption of the baby, then to Applebees.. I could go on in MUCH more detail but I'll save you all from rambling. I still remember getting gas and we spent $42.46. My memory is quite sharp. ;)

O/T but you have to be a very special person to be a surrogate mom not only once but twice. I am being nosey- do you think you will do it again?
Thank You for being such a special person.

abbie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back