How I know the Ramseys did it....

jubie said:
One of my own children has had bedwetting issues and the last thing I would do was 'punish' her. I've always gone out of my way to make sure she understands it's not her fault and it will stop etc etc.

It makes me so mad that JonBenet was treated this way even before her tragic death. :furious:

Although I could never harm our little girl (or our son) I do understand that people can have dark sides and what makes Patsy so special that she can't have possibly have done this?

Jubie
Jubie,

I don't know why I'm so chatty today. I just posted another nephew story on another thread but you won't believe the irony in this one...

Two years ago most of my family was at my Mom's for Christmas. I couldn't sleep and got up and wandered in the den to watch TV. One of those JonBenet specials was on at like 2:00am (I guess because of the Christmas season) so of course I had to watch it. I dozed off and suddenly awoke to find my nephew standing beside me on the couch. I thought he just couldn't sleep either and pulled him in to curl up with me. Well, when he crawled in I realized he was soaking wet. He had wet the bed. I felt so sorry for him! He was cold. I told him not to worry and went and found his pull-ups and some fresh shorts and he went on back to sleep. I really thought about JonBenet that night. Bless their little hearts!

Maybe whether this had anything to do with JonBenet's death or not, it has made people more aware of how an otherwise loving parent or caretaker can lose it if we aren't careful.

SP, You're welcome. ;)

Ivy,

Welcome to Websleuths and that sure is an ironic thing to happen the way it did. BTW I'm glad you're nephew was found safe, I'm sure it was awful while you all searched for him.

Jubie

"Although I could never harm our little girl (or our son) I do understand that people can have dark sides and what makes Patsy so special that she can't have possibly have done this?"

Not a damn thing. A lot of people can't fathom the dark side. But I've spent a lot of time digging around the dark areas of the soul, especially my own. My faith in man is at an all time low.

PB - Have you read the Newsweek piece?

LHP - No.

PB - At the home of John and Barbara Fernie, Patsy stood up and offered condolences... Let me read what NW has to say about you. They had brought several thick books about crime-scene photos, they showed her a pic of JBR's thermal blanket, it had stains on it, they showed her a pic of JBR's bed, looking at the comforter, the bed looked barely disturbed

LHP - That was my feeling, that the blanket was in the dryer. I think the blanket wasn't on her bed that night. I don't think a stranger would know where the blanket was. the R's didn't even have a hamper, they just left clothes lying around.

PB - Only you and PR knew it was in there. How do you feel about how the R's are trying to put the blame on you?

LHP - It hurts a lot.

PB - YOu were extremely loyal to her.

LHP - I don't believe the intruder theory at all. That door they're talking about was like that for months.

PB - Haddon was either uninformed or was lying to protect his client.

LHP - That door was like that for months before JBR was murdered.

PB - What has changed in your mind in the last 28 months.

LHP - The R's have lied about numerous things. They've lied about the door, they lied about the knife, they lied about the Swiss army knife. I put in the cupboard myself.

PB - What do you know about bed-wetting?

PB - How did they treat bedwetting?

LHP - It didn't come up much, but every time I came in the sheets were already off the bed.

PB - How was PR dealing with it, was she getting more frustrated?

LHP - There's no way JR could be a father and not know about it.

PB - You know at least of three lies. Why would the R's come out with the pry marks as evidence of an intruder. They knew about the Swiss army knife. People need to hear this, particularly the people who believe, for whatever the hell reason, well I don't know why they believe it...

LHP - I asked PR for a loan. I think she must have, because the police asked me about it.

PBn - She says you owe her money.

LHP - She owes ME money.

PB - I asked her about the front door. PR told me all the doors were locked. They also attempted to make your husband a suspect as well.

LHP - He had only been in the house four times. One time to fix closet doors, and one time to put up Christmas lights. Everybody who knows us knows we didn't kill JBR. I have never hurt a child and never would. I loved the whole family.

PB - What is Burke like?

LHP - He's a real quiet little boy.

PB - What have you come away with in this?

LHP - We've been hurt. I loved Patsy so much, I would have done anything for her.

PB - You know she knows you didn't do this. She's trying to set somebody up. This doesn't have anything to do with you, and she must be going through her own personal hell.

LHP - I really cared about her. (crying) I don't believe the blanket was on the bed. There were only two people who knew...

Bumping

PB = Peter Boyle
LHP = Linda Hoffman Pugh

The housekeeper before Hoffman did not think a stranger killed JonBenet.

From Linda Wilcox's 1998 interview:

''LINDA WILCOX: Gut feeling more than anything. But even now, more than then, I would (something) on everything I have that a stranger did not kill JonBenet. The lay of the house doesn't...it would be very difficult. Possibly, there are people who are professional. But then they would have done a professional job. Lots of little things contribute to my belief. Someone who didn't know that house, really well, couldn't have done what they done (sic) without being noticed. It's not possible. It is physically impossible. You had to know little things. Like for example, you walk in the room and hit the switch, the light doesn't come on. See, cause when the room was redone, they put in a ceiling fan, one of the metal ones, without a light kit on it. The only light in her room was the lamp between the two beds. You have to physically walk over and turn it on. It isn't run by the switch. The switch was meant to run the overhead ceiling light which was removed to install the ceiling fan.''

Did the Ramseys build that house themselves or have any renovations on it ? I have heard many , many times about the really odd layout of the house and wonder' who does that' ? Did they design that strange lay out themselves? I can remember reading a book about this years ago that had maps and such of the layout and it was really weird and one who need a specific reason to build a house like that . So now I'm curious of why there would be no switch in a small child's bedroom to turn on the light. Whose idea was that ?

That's what's so puzzling about this case. The behavioral/circumstantial evidence points to the family's involvement, yet the forensic evidence (or lack thereof) points elsewhere.

Well thats arguable. There is a microscopic amount of degraded DNA that is foreign. However there are also a number of fibers that can be sourced to PR's jacket, PR & BR's prints on the bowl of pineapple etc. I could name more but I don't have the energy, sorry.

The majority of the evidence can all be sourced from within the house. There are some pieces of evidence which are ambiguous, thats for sure. However most of the concrete evidence seems to point in one direction. JMO

Well thats arguable. There is a microscopic amount of degraded DNA that is foreign. However there are also a number of fibers that can be sourced to PR's jacket, PR & BR's prints on the bowl of pineapple etc. I could name more but I don't have the energy, sorry.

The majority of the evidence can all be sourced from within the house. There are some pieces of evidence which are ambiguous, thats for sure. However most of the concrete evidence seems to point in one direction. JMO

Right, but even so the fiber evidence isn't enough to get a conviction. As for the pineapple it may or may not have any relevance on this case. Like most of the evidence, it isn't definitive. Some experts think the pineapple could have been eaten as early as 4 or 5 in the evening prior to the Whites' party. In this case, the pineapple would mean nothing. Conversely, it could mean everything if ingested after the Ramseys returned home. I'm RDI, but first to admit that so much of the evidence is puzzling.

It is almost impossible barring JB having some kind of intestinal problem that the pineapple was eaten that early. It would have been fully digested, not digested so little that they could match it to the rind.

I won't deny this is a puzzling case. Thats what keeps this forum so active!! We always have more to puzzle on. I've been into this case for years. At first I figured it had to be IDI, because they weren't convicted and the window scene and all that (the usual media nonsense). Then I looked into it all further and realized RDI (it was the note more than anything tbh). I still cannot settle on everyone's role, like many here. PR was involved, no matter what scenario. She wrote that note and I'd bet big on that. A lot of people don't think JR was involved initially but I think he was. People say he's "too smart" to have gone with that note or anything, but in this situation brains are not enough. People don't always think clearly in highly emotionally charged moments. After reading Foreign Faction I suspect BR was involved also. I think it is pretty clear there was some type of abuse going on in that house, and the family was dysfunctional. I don't know by whom or how, but in families where abuse occurs everyone plays a role of some type. Whether aggressor, enabler, victim or passive witness.

One thing's for sure no case has ever gripped me this way, its an incredible mystery.

When I was first reading about this case, I would always read about a "pubic hair" that didn't match any R, found at the crime scene. Why is that never mentioned? I'm just curious. Was it dismissed?

When I was first reading about this case, I would always read about a "pubic hair" that didn't match any R, found at the crime scene. Why is that never mentioned? I'm just curious. Was it dismissed?

It's not discussed much anymore. Not sure if Thomas released the information below, too, but this is from Kolar's book:

From "Foreign Faction - Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?" by James Kolar

One particular sample of hair collected from the blanket that had been wrapped around JonBenet's body had initially given the appearance of being a pubic hair. Investigators thought this might belong to a male perpetrator. The FBI was later able to identify this as an axillary hair (underarm, back, chest) and determined it did not come from the pubic region of the body.

Mitochondrial DNA tests were run on this hair, and the FBI technicians determined that the hair shaft did not belong to an unidentified stranger. Patsy Ramsey could not be excluded as the source of the hair, and it was noted that it could have come from either her or someone else in her maternal lineage.

One piece of evidence that makes its way into certain documentaries geared towards IDI (for example, "Barbara Walters's American Scandals") is an "unidentified" palm print found on the wine cellar door. This print was not "unidentified" at all, as it belonged to Melinda Ramsey. There's many more bits of misinformation in that specific special (and many others) but I thought I'd mention that one.

I don't know why people find the pineapple so odd

a whole lot happened in that house that night that we don't know about

people allegedly asleep were up and about and doing God Alone knows what

Feeding their victims seems to be something Ramseys weren't neglectful in

They were not asleep in bed as claimed.

I wish someone hadve drugged tested them

they may have been at the end of a 12 day binge for all we know

fractious and easy to irritate, utterly off tap, drunk as skunks, having a Private Party

we'll never know

Pineapple is the Least of the Mystery in my mind.

The murder was a Culmination of Events, not a solitary stand alone event. There were things going on that led up to the murder we have no clue about because in a nutshell, the scene was screwed up.

:(

That's what's so puzzling about this case. The behavioral/circumstantial evidence points to the family's involvement, yet the forensic evidence (or lack thereof) points elsewhere.

IMO the Forensic Evidence implies nothing more than the Crime Scene was mishandled

this, we already know.

Colorado LE are to Blame for this mess still being unsolved; it will likely remain unsolved, forever, barring a death bed confession.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back