Votes: 98 16.7%
  • One day

Votes: 201 34.2%
  • Two days to a week

Votes: 277 47.2%
  • Longer than a week

Votes: 11 1.9%

• Total voters
I voted 1 day because the way this judge runs her court 6 hours is a day. I think they already individually have made up their minds. They seem to be taking the job very seriously, so I think they will take the time to go over evidence and vote guilty after 6 hours or so

I believe an hour or so for 1st degree. I think they will need a few hours or more to discus the penalty. Death is a difficult choice and this jury will need to TALK. Smart bunch...one day at least.

I voted ONE day....that's it.

Hell, once they disregard the testimony from Samuels, ALV, and JODI (LMAO)....the rest should be cake....they only need a day. JMO

I think they will be able to reach an agreement of guilty as charged in less than 4 hours, but I think they may stay out longer than that. I've heard jurors in other big cases say they deliberated quickly before but were not in a hurry to come out of their room to tell the world their verdict.

Aren't schnauzers the BEST!!!???
I am on my second little girl...Maggie
:seeya:

I voted 1 day - based on Judge Stephens' typical day :D They'll start at 10:00AM, listen to JSS' instructions, head to the jury room, but start out with a 20-minute break. When it's high noon, the jurors will have lunch brought in for a 90 minute recess. They'll return to deliberations at 1:30 and work steadily until 3:00 when they'll want another 20 minute break.

The jury will return to deliberations @3:30-ish for about half an hour, sign the required documents, then let the Judge know that they've reached a verdict. Since this is generally the "drop dead" court recess, JSS might ask the jurors to "sleep on it". Verdict will be read the following morning. The defendant will be taken away in handcuffs. The. End.

:moo:

I believe an hour or so for 1st degree. I think they will need a few hours or more to discus the penalty. Death is a difficult choice and this jury will need to TALK. Smart bunch...one day at least.

I think that the Penalty phase is separate and is not determined by the jury at the same time that they render their verdict.

I vote 2 days only because the jury seems to be focused on details. Although, no-nonsense as they appear to be, if they take a vote and all 12 say guilty.....we won't be that lucky!

They'll be out 1 day, IMO. Verdict: Murder One

Of course if they reach a murder one vote in 4 hours or less I'll be pleased as punch.

I voted 1 day - based on Judge Stephens' typical day :D They'll start at 10:00AM, listen to JSS' instructions, head to the jury room, but start out with a 20-minute break. When it's high noon, the jurors will have lunch brought in for a 90 minute recess. They'll return to deliberations at 1:30 and work steadily until 3:00 when they'll want another 20 minute break.

The jury will return to deliberations @3:30-ish for about half an hour, sign the required documents, then let the Judge know that they've reached a verdict. Since this is generally the "drop dead" court recess, JSS might ask the jurors to "sleep on it". Verdict will be read the following morning. The defendant will be taken away in handcuffs. The. End.

Are the hours of deliberation set by the jurors? If so they may cut down on the lunch break length for a start.

Are the hours of deliberation set by the jurors? If so they may cut down on the lunch break length for a start.

I suppose they do, but "my" schedule is based on what they've been accustomed to during this trial. Personally, I'd want to finish my civic duty sooner rather than later and resume a somewhat normal life.

I also think that the media would like a late afternoon verdict for prime-time coverage. :moo:

These jurors deserve so much credit. They have had to sit through this mess for months at a time. They can't discuss the case with their peers, talk with anyone else about it, read, watch anything pertaining to this.

Personally, I would be going crazy.

Look how fortunate we, as WS's have it. We can be making dinner, go out for a breath of fresh air, groom your pets, get a mani/pedi and most importantly, converse with our friends here at WS about every minute detail.

A big thanks to the admin/mods for this wonderful forum.

O/T Lisa Bloom has a new hairdo and it rocks!

Hope they're out and back in five minutes. This trial needs to end.

(Voted for one day - well, eight hours, let's say - though two days now seems more like it.)

I'm thinking 4-5 hours. Guilty 1st degree LWOP would rather have the DP though. The planning involved, the awful brutality and the lie after lie. Zero remorse. If less than LWOP then someone will need to revive me.

I have heard that the longer the jury deliberates the better it is for the defense...

LOL... Wouldn't it be halarious if the jury picked the foreperson and took a vote in the 1st hour... Unanimous..... guilty

Then they have lunch and chat about how pissed they are at JA, the experts & defense team treating them like they are stupid 5 year olds.

They purposly take 5 days just to build up JA & the DT's hope....

And then come back with guilty the 1st degree murder.

BAM!

The Searchers - Needles And Pins ('64) - YouTube

I really think after they choose a foreperson, they will have a unanimous guilty verdict on the first vote. Guilty of Murder in the First Degree.

Hoping quick and to the point with that Guilty verdict! But if there is a wait it may be a good thing to make her go a little more nuts... :floorlaugh:

I think they'll quickly come to an agreement on a verdict, which I believe will be guilty, but I hope they review evidence and take their time. I read somewhere, possibly here, that if they come back too quickly it could be grounds for an appeal based on "they didn't take enough time..." I don't know if that's true - I'm not a legal person.

The thought is quite hilarious, though, considering these poor jurors have been at this for 47 days now and who knows how many more. They've had approximately 15 days of professional trial time from the prosecution, and non-stop circus acts from the defense for the rest.

OK but Judge will not send them home if they say they have a verdict and for sure not to "sleep on it"! That would get a guilty verdict kicked on appeal.

Two days.

Although I'm sure they are decided already, they will take their time. They kind of "have to"!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back