Votes: 98 16.7%
  • One day

Votes: 201 34.2%
  • Two days to a week

Votes: 277 47.2%
  • Longer than a week

Votes: 11 1.9%

• Total voters
Voted 1 daY----MUST SAY FROM THEIR QUESTIONS THIS SEEMS TO BE A REALLY SMART JURY--SUPER FOCUSED...ARIZONA SHOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE SUCH A CAPABLE JURY.

I am hoping for 4 hours. I think from the questions the jury has asked it is evident they know the true facts already.

My answer depends on whether jm covered the order of the attack. Was it stab then shoot or shoot then stab? I can't keep up with the case in detail so I'm not sure about that point. It will take less time to convict her if a professional testified that it was stab then shoot.

If they get it first thing in the morning I think by day Two at mid-afternoon they'll be done. If it goes into Day Three I sense trouble.

I'm looking at two to two and a half days.

The group needs to vent. They have gone though months of testimony that was at times shocking, funny, dramatic and scary. I think they all need to be able to have their say about how the testimony affected them personally.

After purging their feelings, which could take a few hours of the first day, I see them getting down to discussing evidence looking especially at whether Jodi premeditated this crime. They already know she killed him.

No one asked for my prediction but I do think the jury will come in with a guilty in First Degree.

Haven't even given a thought to the penatly phase yet.

jmo

I think that the guilt phase will involve a VERY quick deliberation.

I think the jury will come back after the 3rd day of deliberations. Based on court observers comments, this appears to be a serious jury who will want to weigh all the evidence. I issue is not if JA killed Travis, but was it premeditated. It may take some time for the jury to come to a conclusion on that one issue beyond a reasonable doubt.

I have a feeling the first vote will be unanimous, but since this jury seems to take their oath very seriously they will take the opportunity to go through pivotal evidence and testimony. I imagine the jury is quite close with one another, so they will take the opportunity to really discuss the entire experience. I think deliberations will be short, but discussion long. Depending on when they go into deliberation, I think it'll be a few hours to a full day. If there is a hold out, I think maybe three days max.

I don't think it's possible to know, but I would hope that the jurors are able to see the forest through the "fog" and reach a verdict quickly. I believe that because the jurors have been able to ask witnesses questions, their deliberations will be substantially shorter than in a trial where they are not able, which leads to many unanswered questions which then delays the process.

I voted 4 hours...if I could change my vote, I think I would go with 1 day, but I also won't be at all surprised if deliberations run into the 2 day category.

I was a jury foreperson once and I took a quick vote at the very beginning just to read the temperature , as it were. Much to my surprise, everyone voted guilty, we had not been in that room a half hour. I thought, and we all agreed it may look a little snarky for us to come back that quickly, so we sat around and stalled for one more hour, and a half, but we were certain, immediately. The evidence was that strong, as I believe it is in this case.

I voted 1 day - based on Judge Stephens' typical day :D They'll start at 10:00AM, listen to JSS' instructions, head to the jury room, but start out with a 20-minute break. When it's high noon, the jurors will have lunch brought in for a 90 minute recess. They'll return to deliberations at 1:30 and work steadily until 3:00 when they'll want another 20 minute break.

The jury will return to deliberations @3:30-ish for about half an hour, sign the required documents, then let the Judge know that they've reached a verdict. Since this is generally the "drop dead" court recess, JSS might ask the jurors to "sleep on it". Verdict will be read the following morning. The defendant will be taken away in handcuffs. The. End.

:moo:

Amen, Bette. :rocker:

Could be done in about an hour or two, EST time :floorlaugh:- pick the foreman (15 minutes), ask for hands- guilty, not guilty (5 minutes), deliberate (40-110 minutes), sign documents. Good to go.

Of course in Arizona court time - this would be one day.

OK but Judge will not send them home if they say they have a verdict and for sure not to "sleep on it"! That would get a guilty verdict kicked on appeal.

Just "semantics"--:floorlaugh:

One day..We will know the verdict before the evening news..I think this jury is ready to go home..They took this trial very seriously. I have not seen a more dedicated jury.. IMO If it takes longer than three days I will start to think the state may have a problem; however, I think Juan will bring it home in his rebuttal and closing.. IMO

I'm justa Juan-a be :woohoo:

I voted two days to a week but I think either two hours or two days. Either everyone will comeback with guilty right away and or they might have someone they have to convince that there is no evidence to prove abuse and there is so much to prove premeditation.

I think it might take one day, and by that I mean Arizona court days, not a court day in any other state. I think the jury just wants to go home and get on with their lives, so they'll probably deliver a verdict relatively quickly so they can get on to the sentencing phase. :please: I hope they do convict her, as with how she reacted with Deanna yesterday, she needs to get the death penalty or at the very least, LWOP. :jail:

My vote? Less than 4 hours.
This trial was/is about self defense.
They have not given self defense any court time. IMO

Agree, snap - It's because they've got nuttin' on it, honey, as you know. They were given a sow's ear & told to make silk out of it. Sugar out of horse-hocky.

Whatever they may have had about self-defense has already been presented.... and they had nothing on that to start, and have nothing on it today. The only brush with s/d would be the PTSD bs, and if that were truly what she experienced (and she didn't, didn't, didn't) it would explain that she thought her life was in danger..... Okay, let's buy that for 3 secs.... If you were really in fear for your life, would you take the time to stab him so many times, take the time to slit his throat, and then shoot him after he was dead or nearly, just for good measure? And because you were in fear for your life, would you shower off his body, shower off yourself, clean up a bit and start a load of clothes in his washer? Yes, fear, fear, fear. Poor JA.
icon8.gif

Surely, no juror will buy that.

(Fingers already crossed because we've seen bad verdicts in the past....)

During deliberation does JA just hang out at the jail? I guess the jail is close to the courthouse so it wouldn't take them long to transport her over. I think up until Friday she really thought this was a piece of cake. But...seeing she has deleted her tweets that were aimed at Juan and Nancy Grace, I think she is finally worried and realized her time is running out. I voted for 1 day because this jury deserves a big catered lunch and some very fattening desserts!!

bbm

Hmmmm, Plumeria, deleted her tweets, huh?! I missed that. How 'bout dat? I love it!!

Did she instruct her proxy tweeter to do it, or did her proxy tweeter get paranoid and do it without asking the permission of her lowness? Verrrry interesting.

I have heard that the longer the jury deliberates the better it is for the defense...

LOL... Wouldn't it be halarious if the jury picked the foreperson and took a vote in the 1st hour... Unanimous..... guilty

Then they have lunch and chat about how pissed they are at JA, the experts & defense team treating them like they are stupid 5 year olds.

They purposly take 5 days just to build up JA & the DT's hope....

And then come back with guilty the 1st degree murder.

BAM!

The Searchers - Needles And Pins ('64) - YouTube

Thanks, ctmom for the Needles & Pins -- one of my ol-l-l-l-l-ld favorites. Ahhh, weren't they good?

And I like your jury plan -- all it would take is for a couple of jurors to plot it & present it to the rest of 'em. That'd be one way they could get a teeny-tiny bit of revenge.... They could bring a deck of cards, books, knitting, a chess game, pillows for a coupla naps, Monopoly, etc., etc., and just have a big ol' time. Heh, heh, heh...
icon10.gif

Nurmi's closing will take longer than the verdict. In fact, I doubt anyone will be listening to it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back