How to Start a Missing Person Thread and other thread edits

I have a different mp report that i need help with, it looks like these 3 were never found...
Did you have a look already if they are listed in Namus?

Did you have a look already if they are listed in Namus?

Yeah, none of them are in there. The obits for the parents of the two brothers dont mention them, only that they are survived by another son, his wife, grandaughter and great grand son.

I am interested in working on missing persons specifically in South Carolina. I haven't ever posted on here. Just don't want to mess up.

I am interested in working on missing persons specifically in South Carolina. I haven't ever posted on here. Just don't want to mess up.

Welcome. Don’t worry about “messing up” we are just glad to have you sleuth with us, & there isn’t anything that can’t be edited/corrected if need be. Are you most interested in current missing SC cases or SC cases of missing persons from years ago?

I want to start with current and work my way back. Hit on some of the ones that are new. I have a little help sleuthing from my teen daughter. It just breaks my heart that all these kids go missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was unable to find anything on WS about this missing young girl. And I hesitate to post as this would have most certainly been picked up. I hope. Just days before Christmas, 2019. And nothing else posted about her since. That confounds me. Sorry, I hope someone can help me out as she must have been found. Is there a master list for those safely recovered? I know that most of the resolved cases, go away. Does this name sound familiar to anyone?

THE BRONX, NEW YORK CITY — A young Bronx girl went missing days before Christmas and hasn't been seen since, police announced. Shamire Coleman, 14, disappeared from her home on Morris Avenue and East 171st Street in Claremont Friday afternoon about 2:30 p.m., police said.Dec 24, 2019

Bronx Girl Disappears Days Before Christmas | New York City ...

www.newsbreak.com › New York › Bronx
Shamire Coleman, 14, disappeared from her home on Morris Avenue and East 171st Street in Claremont Friday afternoon about 2:30 p.m., police said.

Bronx Girl Disappears Days Before Christmas

@Jim_M
I looked in the pulled threads and did not see her name there, means we did not have her as resolved. However, maybe the case was resolved but outside WS...
You could take your information and open a new thread and then we try to find more information!

I have a missing person from my hometown that I would like to get posted but I don't know how to do that can someone help me with this please? His name is Kevin Keatts missing from Stewart County Tennessee. I have some information that I have found but I don't know how to post the links from my tablet.

I have a question, as I'm not sure where the appropriate place would be to start a thread about a married couple who have *not* been reported missing, despite disappearing without any trace 4-5 years ago. It has never been in the news, but this couple's family is profiting off of their disappearance (perhaps why they choose not to publicize it?). It all seems very suspicious, and I'd love to get some Websleuths on the case...

I have a question, as I'm not sure where the appropriate place would be to start a thread about a married couple who have *not* been reported missing, despite disappearing without any trace 4-5 years ago. It has never been in the news, but this couple's family is profiting off of their disappearance (perhaps why they choose not to publicize it?). It all seems very suspicious, and I'd love to get some Websleuths on the case...
Welcome me to WS!
if i get your post correctly, this couple has not been reported missing to the officials? This would then not allow to open a thread for them and discuss the cicumstances or even less people who are not named suspects etc.
If the family seems "involved" maybe friends could get the attention of local PD in order clarify if they are really not reported and then insist to file a report?

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying, @Darling136! I'll look into it :)

Welcome me to WS!
if i get your post correctly, this couple has not been reported missing to the officials? This would then not allow to open a thread for them and discuss the cicumstances or even less people who are not named suspects etc.
If the family seems "involved" maybe friends could get the attention of local PD in order clarify if they are really not reported and then insist to file a report?

I have a missing persons/runaway case with an NCIC ID number but it hasn’t made MSM yet, just Facebook from her mom’s post. Can I post it or do I need to wait for MSM to pick it up?

I have a missing persons/runaway case with an NCIC ID number but it hasn’t made MSM yet, just Facebook from her mom’s post. Can I post it or do I need to wait for MSM to pick it up?

Thanks for checking Tbone144.

As NCIC is accessible only to LE and justice departments we need to wait for either MSM or a public announcement from LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back