How to Start a Missing Person Thread and other thread edits

If you follow the steps in post #1 of this thread, this should work for you too to open a thread. Or are there any problems?
Source wise you seem to have everything that is needed, your post could be an opening post already.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you follow the steps in post #1 of this thread, this should work for you too to open a thread. Or are there any problems?
Source wise you seem to have everything that is needed, your post could be an opening post already.

I did attempt to create it using the steps in post 1. Unfortunately, I then realized I did not have a photo set up to include and I made a typo in the title. o_O I had to have a mod delete the whole thing and at that point decided to ask for help. The thread is up now. I will be more prepared next time once I figure out the picture part.

I did attempt to create it using the steps in post 1. Unfortunately, I then realized I did not have a photo set up to include and I made a typo in the title. o_O I had to have a mod delete the whole thing and at that point decided to ask for help. The thread is up now. I will be more prepared next time once I figure out the picture part.
Ok! Don't worry about a pic next time, if it doesn"t work, just make a note and someone more experienced will add. There is no problem if the pic is maybe in post 2 or 3

I started a thread and the missing people have now thankfully been found. How can I change the title of the thread to located and move to the appropriate forum or does a mod do that? Thank you!

I started a thread and the missing people have now thankfully been found. How can I change the title of the thread to located and move to the appropriate forum or does a mod do that? Thank you!
This what we are here for!
Just hit the report button with a short note if you "found" someone and as soon one of us is around we will handle it.

Hello! Is it possible to start a thread in Located persons rather than missing persons? I ask because the Rossana Delgado case doesn’t appear to have been listed and although her body has been found and there are suspects, none of them have been found by LE yet. Initial missing reports were largely covered by Spanish speaking outlets only, but when her body was found, English speaking outlets then picked it up.

GBI issues murder warrants after missing Georgia woman found dead

Hello! Is it possible to start a thread in Located persons rather than missing persons? I ask because the Rossana Delgado case doesn’t appear to have been listed and although her body has been found and there are suspects, none of them have been found by LE yet. Initial missing reports were largely covered by Spanish speaking outlets only, but when her body was found, English speaking outlets then picked it up.

GBI issues murder warrants after missing Georgia woman found dead
This would have been one of the possibilities, the other was to open it in Crime in the News and it seems that another member had this idea too

GA - Nationwide hunt for 5 wanted for murder of taxi driver Rossana Delgado, DeKalb County, Apr 2021

As this is also a valid way, I hope it is fine for you too and you will join the discussion there.

Hello, looking for a mod to answer if County Sheriff’s missing persons log entry meets criteria for creating Missing Person thread, ty in advance

Hello, looking for a mod to answer if County Sheriff’s missing persons log entry meets criteria for creating Missing Person thread, ty in advance
This can be considered as LE source and is fine, i assume this is a database and you can link to it?

Is there a procedure for notifying a moderator when proof has been found that a missing person has been located? Yesterday I posted info that a person had been safely located , along with a LE link, on a missing thread (Madison Marcoux) but is there another step that should have been followed to notify a mod?

How can the title field be expanded to accommodate the full description? When I have started new threads, I have only been able to include name, age, place and date within the number of characters allowed. Then, after it is posted sometimes a mod adds in further data in the title (usually what I had hoped to include, but hadn't been able to do.)

I just came across a missing person report from the Torrance, CA Police Dept that I want to add, but it will require more description in the title than the characters will allow. Also, I need advice on the best way to show the data. The police report leaves many unanswered questions.

This person resides in Torrance, CA; was last seen checking into a hotel on a business trip to Reno, NV, was reported missing in Torrance, CA, and his vehicle was found at his workplace in El Segundo, CA

(PD report doesn't give age, but I found age in public records: 36)

Would correct title be: NV Nicholas Eliot Borchers, 36, last seen Reno 6 Nov 2021 at hotel, res Torrance, CA, vehicle loc El Segundo, CA, Rpt Msg 16 Nov
?? (or should CA be shown as state since vehicle was in CA and report filed in CA, and "last seen Reno, NV" within description?)

FEmnSFTUYAQnM_0

@Unalienable Rights
Some cases and information around it are complicated, i get you!

The title should give a quick indication, however is not going to cover the whole situation, this shall be as good as possible summarized in the entry post.

I am not aware that i have magical rights on the title count ;-) , let me check this, maybe you can let me know the longest title you can add when opening and i will do a try when i open. It may be that editing somehow opens additional opportunities.

For the case above, according below rules in post #1 i would suggest following:

NV - Nicholas Eliot Borchers, 36, hotel in Reno, 6 Nov 2021 *vehicle loc El Segundo, CA, 16 Nov*

7. Add a title. This is a very specific approved format that you must follow for all Missing Person titles:

(State or Country Prefix - First & Last Name, Age, Last Seen Location, Date). For example you will type:

WI - Crystal Jones, 24, Milwaukee, 16 Apr 2017

When done correctly, your title will actually show as:

WI WI - Crystal Jones, 24, Milwaukee, 16 April 2017

NOTE
: The country/state/location WILL show twice (one being the prefix you selected from the dropdown menu, and the other as typed in manually by you. This is important for thread organization purposes within the software.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Unalienable Rights
Some cases and information around it are complicated, i get you!

The title should give a quick indication, however is not going to cover the whole situation, this shall be as good as possible summarized in the entry post.

I am not aware that i have magical rights on the title count ;-) , let me check this, maybe you can let me know the longest title you can add when opening and i will do a try when i open. It may be that editing somehow opens additional opportunities.

For the case above, according below rules in post #1 i would suggest following:

NV - Nicholas Eliot Borchers, 36, hotel in Reno, 6 Nov 2021 *vehicle loc El Segundo, CA, 16 Nov*

Thank you! I just posted using the maximum # of characters in the title.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back