Hunter Biden indicted, federal gun charges, Sept 2023

I am fine with Hunter being prosecuted. Just as I want to see Deja Taylor prosecuted to the fullest for her involvement in making a gun available to her 6 year old to shoot his teacher. Hunter doesn't deserve special treatment any more than Deja does MOO

Unpacking this entire situation is probably the most interesting part of the charges. His sister in law, Hallie Biden, threw the gun away in a trash can next to the grocery store. As she was involved in a relationship with him, after her husband, died. Apparently, she was afraid he was suicidal.

The police were contacted, to help look for the gun, and it was already gone. It was subsequently turned in to LEO by the person who found it.

A lot of the information about this situation came off of the computer Hunter Biden had never picked up from a computer repair shop.

So much of this drama is directly related to Hunter Biden just being an idiot. He could have easily purchased a gun at any gun show, without filling out any paperwork. He could have kept the glove box of his car locked, so his ex-girlfriend, his sister in law, wouldn't have found it, and thrown it in the trash. And I won't even go into leaving a laptop at a computer repair shop. MOO.

#karma.

Unpacking this entire situation is probably the most interesting part of the charges. His sister in law, Hallie Biden, threw the gun away in a trash can next to the grocery store. As she was involved in a relationship with him, after her husband, died. Apparently, she was afraid he was suicidal.

The police were contacted, to help look for the gun, and it was already gone. It was subsequently turned in to LEO by the person who found it.

A lot of the information about this situation came off of the computer Hunter Biden had never picked up from a computer repair shop.

So much of this drama is directly related to Hunter Biden just being an idiot. He could have easily purchased a gun at any gun show, without filling out any paperwork. He could have kept the glove box of his car locked, so his ex-girlfriend, his sister in law, wouldn't have found it, and thrown it in the trash. And I won't even go into leaving a laptop at a computer repair shop. MOO.

#karma.

I agree completely. He is totally an idiot. Who looks up adult content involving women smoking crack? Not trying to kink shame but that's one I had never heard of. He is embarassing. I drive by that computer shop all the time. Beau Biden was the good son and was an awesome attorney general for my state. I definitely think he would have ended up running for president if he hadn't passed away. Can't believe his widow went and picked up with Hunter but there must have been some serious trauma bonding. JMO

He could have easily purchased a gun at any gun show, without filling out any paperwork.
This could be a misnomer- maybe stemming from the misleading term "gun show loophole".

A very significant majority of the purchases at gun shows require full paperwork. Unlicensed vendors at gun shows offering "private sales" have gotten hard to find.

Some (or perhaps many) shows even require that one be a licensed vendor to even rent a table at the show. Licensed vendors must then do full paperwork.

At a large show that did allow them, I saw exactly two unlicensed vendors amongst scores of licensed vendors. One was selling vintage military surplus rifles and other collectible militaria- some likely of dubious authenticity. The other had a small number of modern pistols.

In the end, a growing number of gun show owners do not want the reputation of being a "go to" destination for purchases sans back ground checks. They then ban unlicensed vendors. Others tolerate them. But... I think very few, if any, gun shows seek them out today.

Last edited:
“So some of the items that he deducted were personal no-show employees. He deducted payments that were made to who he called his West Coast assistant, but she was essentially a prostitute,” the whistleblower, who worked on the agency’s investigation into alleged tax fraud perpetrated by President Biden’s son on his 2018 return, alleged in his testimony.

Another whistleblower, IRS supervisory agent Gary Shapley, told the committee on May 26 that he found several instances of Hunter improperly expensing flights for prostitutes.

I agree with idiot.

This could be a misnomer- probably stemming from the misleading term "gun show loophole".

A very significant majority of the purchases at gun shows require full paperwork. Unlicensed vendors at gun shows offering "private sales" have gotten hard to find.

Some (or perhaps many) shows even require that one be a licensed vendor to even rent a table. Licensed vendors must do full paperwork.

At a large show that did allow them, I saw exactly two unlicensed vendors amongst scores of licensed vendors. One was selling vintage military surplus rifles. One had a small number of modern pistols.

Huh. I only go to gun shows in Montana, around here, people walk around with a sign advertising what guns they have for sale. No one even blinks. Deals are made all the time that way here. All cash, no paperwork.

Huh. I only go to gun shows in Montana, around here, people walk around with a sign advertising what guns they have for sale. No one even blinks. Deals are made all the time that way here. All cash, no paperwork.

I'm not well versed on this stuff. So people are basically buying an unlicensed and unregistered gun? If they used it to commit a crime, where would it track back to? Whoever originally purchased it?

On October 23, 2018, Hallie Biden took a .38 revolver belonging to Hunter and placed it in the trash outside Janssen’s Market in Wilmington, Del. After informing Hunter the same day, he told her to go back and retrieve the gun, however the gun was missing from the trash can when Hallie returned to get it.

Hallie told the store manager, who passed the information along to Delaware police. According to the police report, which was obtained by Politico, the incident caused heightened concerns because the store was across the street from a high school, and officers worried the gun could be used in a crime. The FBI, which was investigating Hunter’s taxes at the time, also reportedly responded to the incident.

At the same time that Delaware police were questioning Hallie and Hunter, two Secret Service agents arrived at StarQuest Shooters & Survival Supply, the gun shop where Hunter bought the revolver, two people familiar with the incident said. The agents asked owner Ron Palmieri to turn over the Firearms Transaction Record Hunter filled out in order to purchase the gun.

….

Fbi investigating taxes?

Secret service involved?

That occurs here in Texas as well- but not on a large scale (at least not in urban DFW).

Some "FFL only" shows may ban these people as well as none were around when I visited- and the owners emphasized off duty police were enforcing "house rules".

Other shows in the area, however, do allow them. But, I have only seen a handful of "walk ins" doing carrying guns for sale and most of them were selling hunting rifles and shotguns. Pistols, if offered, would seem to be rare.

Last edited:
I'm not well versed on this stuff. So people are basically buying an unlicensed and unregistered gun? If they used it to commit a crime, where would it track back to? Whoever originally purchased it?
Yes, a sales record would exist for the last FFL dealer who handled the gun.

But for end purchases, the private sales cant be traced. Private sales do not need back ground checks and the sales are not recorded.

Some states, however, do not permit private sales. Rather, all sales must be made either by a licensed dealer or be brokered by a licensed dealer with full back ground checks.

As a side note, easy and convenient private sales at gun shows have gotten rarer- but that can vary by state. For example @mickey2942 such sales are common in Montana. But.... in urban Texas, they have gotten rare.

Last edited:

Pistols or long guns?

Yes, a sales record would exist for the last FFL dealer who handled the gun.

But for end purchases, the private sales cant be traced. Private sales do not need back ground checks and the sales are not recorded.

Some states, however, do not permit private sales. Rather, all sales must be made either by a licensed dealer or be brokered by a licensed dealer with full back ground checks.

As a side note, easy and convenient private sales at gun shows have gotten rarer- but that can vary by state. For example @mickey2942 such sales are common in Montana. But.... in urban Texas, they have gotten rare.

Great information and I appreciate the response.

Former Secret Service agent’s frustration with Hunter Biden boiled over, text messages show

2018 j biden was neither vice president or president yet hunter has SS protection?

Former Secret Service agent’s frustration with Hunter Biden boiled over, text messages show

2018 j biden was neither vice president or president yet hunter has SS protection?
They didn’t have SS protection in 2018.

From the link -
It's unclear who sent the former agent or if he was rescuing Biden as a personal friend or in some professional capacity. It’s also not clear how he came to believe Biden was in difficulty in a hotel room. A U.S. Secret Service spokesperson told the Washington Examiner that the Secret Service did not provide any protection to any member of the Biden family in 2018.

They didn’t have SS protection in 2018.

From the link -
It's unclear who sent the former agent or if he was rescuing Biden as a personal friend or in some professional capacity. It’s also not clear how he came to believe Biden was in difficulty in a hotel room. A U.S. Secret Service spokesperson told the Washington Examiner that the Secret Service did not provide any protection to any member of the Biden family in 2018.

Yeah I saw that but I’m sure I trust that response. Like these 51 ppl.

Yeah I saw that but I’m sure I trust that response. Like these 51 ppl.

I tend to agree with you at this point. Especially since one of the "evidence whatsApp messages" between Biden Sr and Jr that the GOP released as "evidence" earlier has already been shown to be fraudulent. The "evidence text" is dated as happening in 2017 yet the profile pic in the message wasn't taken until 2022 at the White House Easter Egg Roll. The "evidence" is faked - how sad is that? That doesn't make me trust anything the GOP or anyone has to put out there regarding either Biden as "evidence" until it's actually proven factual.

Sad times to live in given the lengths that some have sunk to.

On June 25, 2009, Hunter Biden founded his investment firm Rosemont Seneca Partners with Chris Heinz, the ketchup fortune heir and stepson of John Kerry and Devon Archer, a one-time Abercrombie & Fitch model. Schwerin was enlisted to be its president. The fund aggressively pursued deals in Russia, Romania, Ukraine, China and elsewhere.

During the eight years of Joe Biden’s vice presidency, Schwerin gradually became a de facto financial planner for the wider Biden family.

Emails from Hunter Biden’s abandoned hard drive show Schwerin moving money on behalf of father and son and helping Hunter Biden handle family expenses. Schwerin received Joe Biden’s “Delaware tax refund check” while he was vice president and the two talked by phone about the Joe Biden’s mortgage.

The message from Eric Schwerin, then president of Rosemont Seneca Partners, says Hunter Biden would need to “amend” his 2014 returns to reflect the “unreported” income, according to the copy of the email.

In a text chain with his assistant, Katie Dodge, Hunter wrote that his Wells Fargo account “shut me out again.”

“Too many cooks in the kitchen,” he wrote on April 12, 2018. “Too many profile changes and such. Happened 10 days ago too. What do you need? I’m going to bank in a few. Need to verify identity in person.”

“I need to pay AT&T,” Dodge responded.

Hunter Biden then told Dodge to put the payment on both his debit card and his “Wells Fargo credit line.”

“My dad has been using most lines on this account which I’ve through the gracious offerings of Eric [Schwerin] have paid for past 11 years,” Hunter wrote.

It is not clear whether Hunter was claiming to have a shared an AT&T account or a shared Wells Fargo account with his father Joe. However, the texts do show that the two had combined their finances.

There is more evidence that the two had combined their finances. In 2010 an email from Schwerin, Hunter Biden’s longtime business partner, said he was transferring funds from Biden’s tax refund check into Hunter’s account because “he owes it to you.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev
Back