I Invite You All to Follow Shaniya's Case

Almost as chilling to me as the images of that monster holding Shaniya in his arms in front of the elevator, was the smug smirk on his face in his mugshot.

To think that his evil face was the last that beautiful Shaniya ever saw.

I still think of Shaniya often.
I'm sure I always will.

I didn't know about this case and just spent the last 4 hours reviewing. My GOSH! is all I can say. Not much can shock me but this did.

Can someone direct me to the most recent update, has the autopsy ever been released? Stuff like that?

i too was wondering about her, i know that the mother( using term loosely) is waiting trial, as is the smirking drug dealing...yeah. i too hope for justice for shaniya, despite the joke of caylees justice, or lack there of i , god forgive me, foolishly think shaniya may be different, they MAY actually get punished and held accountable..i can only hope and pray im not disappointed again. i dont think i can handle another let down...i really dont

Any new developments on this case? I know Antoinette was arrested back in July. Any word on the trial? Will she and Mario McNeal be tried separately ?

I hate to sound cold, but we all know why the media doesnt care about this case. Black defendants and a biracial child... If the mother was white and the child white then this would be all over the news.

It really bothers me. I try not to assume everything is racially motivated because 3 of my sons are African American and I'd like to believe we've come a long way as a nation, but ,like you,I've noticed the bias focusing on Caucasion's .Blacks and Hispanics barely get a mention.

Shaniya was a beautiful child.

It really bothers me. I try not to assume everything is racially motivated because 3 of my sons are African American and I'd like to believe we've come a long way as a nation, but ,like you,I've noticed the bias focusing on Caucasion's .Blacks and Hispanics barely get a mention.

Shaniya was a beautiful child.

JMO what helped fca get away w/ caylees death is ( sad to say) "the pretty white young woman"( and i use pretty very loosely here!) syndrome was a part of it. and again JMO on that. however, w/ shaniyas mother and mario being NOT white, could it be that they may not get off as easy as fca did..and gasp, may actually be found guilty, and have to serve YEARS if not life or ( is NC a death penalty state??) yes it seems like the media focuses on white kids, and white victims, but not other races. yes it even lets the white defendants get away scott free more often than they should, or more often than their other race counterparts..just a thought, and just my opinion.

we KNOW mario HAD shaniya, last person w/ her. and we KNOW her mom bartered her off for drugs/or a drug debt? this should be a slam dunk

JMO, Shaniya got attention when this happened. The problem is NC is not as forthcoming with information as...say, Florida. I have followed this since it started. There have been racial comments made, but I honestly do not agree with it. This Was a little girl, that did not deserve this to happen to her. Her White Father did not do anything to prevent it. Any more than her black Mother did. But Shaniya did not chose her parents. God Bless the Children!
"Basketball star Shaquille O’Neal paid for the funeral of a 5-year-old North Carolina girl after being moved by national news coverage of the case of Shaniya Davis, who police say was kidnapped and killed"
http://thisblksistaspage.wordpress.com/2009/11/27/it-was-shaq-who-paid-for-shaniyas-funeral/
How did Shaq pay if not for National coverage?
We just do not have the constant info coming from the State of N.C.
Yes, we all need to hold vigil for Shaniya's Justice to be done. But please not let us say it is racial.

god bless shaq for paying for the funeral. from what i understand it was a very beautiful service( despite the circumstances that it was for a little girl that should have never ever been buried, she should be here w/ us getting ready for school not in a casket)

JMO, Shaniya got attention when this happened. The problem is NC is not as forthcoming with information as...say, Florida. I have followed this since it started. There have been racial comments made, but I honestly do not agree with it. This Was a little girl, that did not deserve this to happen to her. Her White Father did not do anything to prevent it. Any more than her black Mother did. But Shaniya did not chose her parents. God Bless the Children!
"Basketball star Shaquille O’Neal paid for the funeral of a 5-year-old North Carolina girl after being moved by national news coverage of the case of Shaniya Davis, who police say was kidnapped and killed"
http://thisblksistaspage.wordpress.com/2009/11/27/it-was-shaq-who-paid-for-shaniyas-funeral/
Yes, we all need to hold vigil for Shaniya's Justice to be done. But please not let us say it is racial.

I tried to follow this as well and after awhile was never able to find any results in the news. What is the latest?

I think part of the lack of attention to this case may be due to how horrific it is. Just like the horrible case in Memphis of the Christian/Newsome murders and the three murders in Wichita committed by the Carr brothers. Both cases were so graphically brutal and sexually sadistic. Plus, these crimes were black on white(I know Shaniya's wasn't) and I don't think media wants to fan any flames. Similar to how CA & GA behavior and jury verdict is whitewashed. That being said, the Petit murders in CT (white on white) have received a good amount of airtime on HLN and even Fox News including Megyn Kelly and Shepard Smith timeslots. I know what happened in that case. It is so vile just like the other cases and I cannot listen to it. Just can't. There can be no justice for any of these victims. The legal system is way too slow and lenient for creatures like these.

ITA. This was huge when it happened. And I suppose will be again soon. No bias there at all.

Too much for me to handle personally.

There are a lot of components that make up the lack of attention and the sunshine laws in FL do make a difference with news, BUT Zahra Baker was from NC . Adji Desir was from FL. Both had disabilities. I do think race plays a role ,but that's not all of it.

In Caylee's case,Cindy and George created a lot of the media attention with their odd behavior . Circumstances surrounding any case can make it more attention grabbing than another.

Believe me,I believed for a long time race doesn't matter any more,but we adopted 3 black boys over the last 22 years and now I can see that at times, it does.

But now we are here to help move Shaniya's case forward . What can we do?

Shaniya's case is very similar to Samantha Runnion's case. Both girls got a lot of attention when they went missing and were later found murdered, but by the time the trial rolled around, it was a local news story. The circumstances of their cases were also very similar in that in both cases the girls were raped and murdered by a sexual predator. Those cases are just depressing, and I know that it's hard for me to think about the case without thinking about their actual murder.

McNeil admitted to kidnapping the child, police said
from this article
http://fayobserver.com/articles/2011...06653?sac=Home

If the mom gave her child to this man for a drug debt/drugs - then how did he kidnap her? I am confused. He admitted to the kidnap - is it because of her age maybe?

I hope both these things rot and never get out of prison. Most likely will not bother them tho. Poor baby girl never had a chance.

from this article
http://fayobserver.com/articles/2011...06653?sac=Home

If the mom gave her child to this man for a drug debt/drugs - then how did he kidnap her? I am confused. He admitted to the kidnap - is it because of her age maybe?

I hope both these things rot and never get out of prison. Most likely will not bother them tho. Poor baby girl never had a chance.

I think it's because he held Shaniya against HER will. What he was doing with her was illegal,so it's different than if her mom sent her to school or to her grandmother's house ,and she didn't want to be there.
Also,the mom didn't have custody rights so he was in collusion with her to take Shaniya from her father.

Shaniya's case is very similar to Samantha Runnion's case. Both girls got a lot of attention when they went missing and were later found murdered, but by the time the trial rolled around, it was a local news story. The circumstances of their cases were also very similar in that in both cases the girls were raped and murdered by a sexual predator. Those cases are just depressing, and I know that it's hard for me to think about the case without thinking about their actual murder.

I think there are many more cases that get a pass or only initial attention ,than there are cases we hear about or follow from beginning to end.
Also,the justice system seems to be taking so much longer to get to trial with no new information in between.
With Caylee's case there was something new weekly,because of who surrounded the case. "You just can't make this stuff up" was a familiar catch phrase.

JMO what helped fca get away w/ caylees death is ( sad to say) "the pretty white young woman"( and i use pretty very loosely here!) syndrome was a part of it. and again JMO on that. however, w/ shaniyas mother and mario being NOT white, could it be that they may not get off as easy as fca did..and gasp, may actually be found guilty, and have to serve YEARS if not life or ( is NC a death penalty state??) yes it seems like the media focuses on white kids, and white victims, but not other races. yes it even lets the white defendants get away scott free more often than they should, or more often than their other race counterparts..just a thought, and just my opinion.

we KNOW mario HAD shaniya, last person w/ her. and we KNOW her mom bartered her off for drugs/or a drug debt? this should be a slam dunk

A good defense team and money talk. Just ask OJ. jmo

No trial date yet-I see the mother was charged will A LOT of crimes-Good..Have SA said if they will seek the DP with these two?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back