I support the Intruder theory, HOWEVER a question

That's one reason the note is such a good clue. Whoever wrote it seems to have felt the need to point the investigators away from him/herself. That means the killer thought s/he would be a likely suspect. Who would think that? Would s/he really have been an immediate suspect, or was that part of the grandiose thinking?

A question for twilight....Did you read Mike McElroy's ultraviolent writings on WideAwake,to compare to the form of the ransom note?

Sissi, what was the wideawake actual site addy. I want to go back into archives research to see this site. What was it about the ultraviolet writings that are interesting. I guess I don't know enough about this case.

blueclouds said:
Sissi, what was the wideawake actual site addy. I want to go back into archives research to see this site. What was it about the ultraviolet writings that are interesting. I guess I don't know enough about this case.

It's gone,poof! ,it is not cached,every last link has been destroyed. It was "wideawake.org."

Interesting,in that the barbie torture could have been considered a recipe of sorts for the murder of Jonbenet.
Interesting in that the webmaster was considered "THE" expert on the web at that time for japanese bondage knots.
..........and he had attended the university.
..........was called the prophet (leads me to believe someone,less well than he, could have followed that recipe)
..........he had an alibi...he was robotripping during the holiday
He was cleared by the BPD,however,in some way,I think he is connected to the crime. Perhaps only his influence on someone. The BPD dropped the ball by not checking out his computer and his contacts.
IMO

Originally posted by sissi
Another thing I remember was the use of needle nose pliars,could the marks that Smit thinks are from a stun gun,be a sign of being tortured by these pliars? opinions?
Good point, sissi. I have long thought that the so-called stun gun marks could have been made by needlenose pliers. Years ago, as an experiment, I pinched my arms with needlenose pliers to see what kind of marks they made on my skin. To my eye, the marks looked identical in size and shape to the marks on JonBenet as shown in the crime scene photos. (I didn't pinch my skin hard enough to injure it, though, so the pliers didn't leave abrasions.)

It's interesting that Burke's Swiss Army knife was found near JonBenet's body. Many styles of Swiss Army knives have pliers attachments.

Ivy said:
It's interesting that Burke's Swiss Army knife was found near JonBenet's body.
Yes, very interesting. Also its very, very false! Burke's Swiss Army knife was found upstairs where LHP said she had hidden it.

The knife that was found in the laundry room is a different knife and the knife that was found in the basement is yet another knife.

LovelyPigeon said:
For another instance, if $118,000 was an actual reference to the bonus that JR received for the year 1995 and was posted on his check stubs in 1996, the intruder ransom note writer may have found that number inside the house on check stubs.
Where do you get the idea that the $118,000 figure appeared on JR's check stubs? What is your source for that? The BPD spent days going through all the paperwork in the Ramsey house and they found no mention of the bonus amount. They were eventually told of the bonus amount by the secretary at Access Graphics.

When Patsy wrote the ransom note she stuck the bonus amount in so the note appeared to point to someone John works with.

IMO

No.
The sum being very close to JR's bonus is something JR mentioned to the police.
The sum was indicated on each and every pay stub.

Toth said:
The sum being very close to JR's bonus is something JR mentioned to the police.
The sum was indicated on each and every pay stub.
Wrong again Toth...more swamp misinformation.
From Thomas' book, Page 24:
"Both John and Patsy told police they were unaware of any signifigance concerning the $118,000 figure."

It was Denise Wolf, John Ramsey's assistant who told the police John's bonus amount (ITRMI - Page 116). The police found no paperwork inside the Ramsey house with the bonus amount on it.

I think it was some employee, not John, (might have been Laurie Wagner, but I don't think the employee was named) at Access Graphics who pointed out John's bonus similarity to LE. I'll have to look in Steve's book again.

BlueCrab said:
If the body had been hung the body weight would cause the circumferential abrasion from the rope to be more severe on the opposite side of the knot (the right side of the neck). The bulky knot on the left side would have caused the 1 1/2" by 3/4" triangular abrasion on the lower left side of the neck just above the lower circumferential abrasion and would have forced the head to look toward the right.

JMO

That's absurd. JonBenet was not hung. There is absolutely no physical evidence of hanging. That triangular mark is tissue reaction to the cord being tightened around her. The garotte was made after she was strangled with the cord to STAGE the crime scene.

P.S.
Look at JonBenet's arms paying special attention to the BENT elbows. This photo was taken after she was found by John.

http://www.*******245.com/faceathouse.jpg

Opps, you'll have to type in you know who's website.

According to Steve Thomas' book, BPD thought the 118,000 could have been a reference to the bonus amount OR Psalm 118 OR to financial records on the computer OR in a handwritten ledger John Ramsey kept in his study.

I believe that when Steve Thomas saw the $118,000+ amount in the financial ledger in John's study, it was the amount of John's liabilities (not the bonus) and that's what Steve connected to the note amount.

I did not mean to imply that the amount in the ledger or on the computer records was exactly $118,000. Anyone who has read ST's book (and I guess anyone discussing case here has) knows that ST found a $1.118 million number that he thought might be a the source number to derive 118,000 from.

Psalm 118 is also not 118,000 but it was thought by some to possibly have been the number source that 118,000 was derived from.

The actual bonus amount, for those who have forgotten it, was $118,117.50

What I was trying to say is that the amount in the ledger was John's liabilities, not his bonus amount. Sorry if I didn't get that across too well.

Imon128 said:
I believe that when Steve Thomas saw the $118,000+ amount in the financial ledger in John's study, it was the amount of John's liabilities (not the bonus) and that's what Steve connected to the note amount.

Imon128 & Lovely Pigeon, you folks are missing at least couple zeros....LOL.
On page 66 Thomas tells of finding financial papers in the house showing the total Ramsey liabilities were an even $1,118,000 (as in 1.1 million).

There were NO documents found in the house with John's bonus amount on them, check stubs or otherwise. That information came only from Access Graphics Inc. Prior to that, the Ramseys told the police the $118,000 figure meant nothing to them.

You're right, Shylock. I didn't want to dig out my ST book and thumb through it for the exact amount, LOL.

Shylock, when & where did the Ramseys tell police the $118,000 "meant nothing to them"?

JR told the BPD about his bonus amount "in confidence" according to DOI p119, and was chagrined to find that both the Denver Post & RMN printed stories about the amount Jan 22 '97 from the leaked information.

Edit to add that JR describes the deferred bonus, the amount, the pay stubs and the fact that the amount was on each following stub AND that stubs were inside their house.

Just because the BPD had access to the house doesn't mean they discovered everything possibly relevant to the ransom note immediately. JR's bible opened to pages on which particular Psalms were displayed is one example that was seized upon only after viewing crime scene photos.

When did John tell them, though? And surely he knew of the 'leaks' prior to his telling, I'd think, if the leaks were prior to his coming forth.

I don't know when John told them or when it occured to him that the number might be related to the bonus, which he'd received 11+ months before as a deferred compensation (i.e. the bonus went into a savings program with deferred taxation and wasn't paid out as cash).

But it must have been before Jan 22 '97

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back