I was in the courtroom this afternoon, Fri. May 20

Joanner, how did the jurors look? Apprehensive, serious, nervous, stoic? Thank you SO much for being WS's eyes at the courthouse today! :blowkiss:

Everyone was dead serious when the jurors were led in for swearing in, no smiles that I could see. They came in through the main entrance of the room, which was directly to my left, so I got a good look at all their faces.

Joanner, isnt it funny how once you get near there are all those signs for Bail bonds, etc? lol Its amazing theyre everywhere and you sure know youre close to the Pinellas County big place!

My Hubby worked / interned for one of those Bail Bondsmen LOL

I didn't hear anything about that. Didn't even know about it. I tuned in during the lunch break and just heard about the woman being taken out. I had 40 minutes to get respectfully dressed and over to the court, so I don't know what else went on.

Man since I live in Oldsmar I can honestly say YOU DID GREAT TIME LOL

Now, of course, I am regretting I didn't go before. It is just so easy to watch it on the computer where you can take potty and coffee and snack breaks whenever you want, in whatever clothes you want to wear.

Another interesting fact from the court: they don't prohibit you for either entering or leaving the courtroom at any time. People were coming and going during the entire afternoon no matter what was going on. I would think it would be a distraction to the court, but it wasn't.

Also sometimes it looked like Judge Perry had fallen asleep--he would be slouched down in his chair and I thought "he's asleep" and then he would move.

I have felt Kimster's raygun... wasn't shot directly... but I still cannot say my a's and o's...

I am in therapy.

From the back row, I could see the laptops that were open, though I could not see what was written (too far back). I did notice that the laptop in front of Baez was scrolling like someone might be writing something. It was a consistent scrolling where the top line would disappear and the next one would move up. So I think his complaints about people being able to read it were legitimate, but just use an Ipad.

BBM and snipped by me.

That would be what is called Realtime. The scrolling was the Court Reporters transcript of the proceedings.

Now, of course, I am regretting I didn't go before. It is just so easy to watch it on the computer where you can take potty and coffee and snack breaks whenever you want, in whatever clothes you want to wear.

Another interesting fact from the court: they don't prohibit you for either entering or leaving the courtroom at any time. People were coming and going during the entire afternoon no matter what was going on. I would think it would be a distraction to the court, but it wasn't.

Also sometimes it looked like Judge Perry had fallen asleep--he would be slouched down in his chair and I thought "he's asleep" and then he would move.

Are you considering going during the trial? I would ... I saw that they will only a certain number and you can't start queuing until 5:30 am.

<Kimster stands behind Ynot with ray gun in hand>

images.jpg

http://photobucket.com/images/ray gun/

no, no, no ..... I just changed my tee shirt and finished that cup (what was left over).

We need to post a huge sign on the front page that says "enter at your own risk when drinking" :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: "beware ... zappers ahead"

Why would Drew P say he didn't know Nancy Grace? He's been on her show! I find that odd.He MUST have been kidding.

Yes, he was kidding. I knew who he was and when they started questioning him, I did a very tiny chuckle, so I think he knew that I knew. The two ladies were clueless. He looks as cute in person, I think, as he does on TV. :blushing: (Is that okay to say?)

I actually talked to him so very briefly before going in the courtroom. I asked him if he knew if we could bring water in. He told me he didn't know and he hadn't actually tried. But then the officer gave us some rules and one was no drinks allowed.

P.S. Not going to Orlando to watch the trial. Too far. I'll be joining the rest of you watching online or on the TV (or both).

I am an Aussie (living in America) and always amazed when people walk in and out of trials here, in Australia we have to wait until there is a break or paper shuffling, if the judge is seated you have to bow.

I think everyone should go watch a courtcase at least once in their lives. the atmosphere and seriousness of a case would scare many a wayward teenager back onto the straight and narrow.

What did you see with the defense team and ICA? Could you see much? Did they seem to be worried when the jury was sworn?

What did you see with the defense team and ICA? Could you see much? Did they seem to be worried when the jury was sworn?

From what I could see (there were a couple of tall guys in front of me) everyone on both sides had serious faces and were looking at the jury, even Casey (no expression).

I was just watching Nancy Grace and they showed Casey chuckling today. Anyone know what she was so amused by?

Another observation, I don't recall the name Caylee be mentioned at all this afternoon (maybe I missed it). "Little girl" was said, but I don't remember anyone saying "Caylee."

It's so great to hear your "inside" scoop! Thank you so much.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be as easy to get into the Orange County Courthouse for the actual trial. I would be there in a heartbeat because I have Monday off!

It's so great to hear your "inside" scoop! Thank you so much.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be as easy to get into the Orange County Courthouse for the actual trial. I would be there in a heartbeat because I have Monday off! Sweet.

Head's up, Scuba--trial starts on Tuesday. His Honor conferred with the jurors and gave them an extra day/Monday to get their affairs in order.

I join you in your thanks to Joanner! :great:

Thank you Joanner for sharing your day with us.
I love to read what ws's have to say when they are able to attend, it almost feels like we were there with you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back