I was in the courtroom this afternoon, Fri. May 20

So, is that day off they/we were given called a COMFORT BREAK?

(I full well expect someone to post a pic of a bottle of Southern Comfort - that is a booze, right? I don't drink, but I think I have seen that before???) LOL @ ME

good so I can get some work done here at home. Well actually I need to leave the house and go to the store, which I have not done for days. I have to get ready for a bridal shower next weekend.

Aw shucks, guys. No need to thank me. I was glad to share my experience this afternoon. And I almost didn't go!!!

Heard 50 seats for the public. That is a lot. I'd go for it if I wasn't in Cali. Fla*Mom and Feddup--DO IT!! Sometimes it is amazing how easy it is to get in and how interesting it still is even if you can't (true diehard trial watchers know what I mean)--
Thanks Joanner.

Thanks Joanner. I hope anyone near Orlando gets a chance to witness at least one day during the trial.

Heard 50 seats for the public. That is a lot. I'd go for it if I wasn't in Cali. Fla*Mom and Feddup--DO IT!! Sometimes it is amazing how easy it is to get in and how interesting it still is even if you can't (true diehard trial watchers know what I mean)--
Thanks Joanner.

I might try the second or third week. I think some of the initial curiosity will have died down by then. I work about 10 minutes from the court house and I can come and go when I want from work. I've covered lots of court work before with the newspaper I used to work for but never on a case this big. The dynamics inside court rooms have always fascinated me.

:tyou:

Thanks Joanner ! What an experience !

A few questions if you do not mind :

What was your impression of the SA ? They seem confident, very well put together, and very organized as a team, so I was wondering what you thought, or if you noticed anything.

What about the DT ? Did you notice anything "unusual" -- :waitasec: even for them ?

This might be a "dumb" question but did they allow the spectators to bring in laptops ?

Thanks again.

Hope

Aw shucks, guys. No need to thank me. I was glad to share my experience this afternoon. And I almost didn't go!!!

I'm sorry, but I just have to ask you, did you get any "sixth sense" feelings? Another words, what was it like being in the same room with her?

:tyou:
What was your impression of the SA ? They seem confident, very well put together, and very organized as a team, so I was wondering what you thought, or if you noticed anything.

What about the DT ? Did you notice anything "unusual" -- :waitasec: even for them ?

This might be a "dumb" question but did they allow the spectators to bring in laptops ?

The SA came across the same, for me, as on the media: well prepared and confident. Also, the defense didn't come across as bad as they usually do, again for me. I didn't see that any spectator had any device. There was one gentleman spectator who had a laptop case, but he never got it out. I can't remember if they said we could not use them, but no cell phones, camera, recording device. The media had their devices; I even saw Kathi Belich's pink Ipad.

I'm sorry, but I just have to ask you, did you get any "sixth sense" feelings? Another words, what was it like being in the same room with her?
I ended up having more emotion for the jury than I did for Casey. At first, I could barely see her and only the back of her head. She did get taken out and come back in and, of course, I saw her when the jury was sworn in. Interestingly, I had no feeling whatsoever when seeing her, even knowing what I believe she truly did to Caylee.

Edited to add: You get a much better view of her via the media, can see her facial expressions, scribbling, fidgeting. Since the defense is going to be moving to the side of the courtroom for the actual trial, the jury is going to be facing her 100% of the time.

What great updates Joanner - thank you SO much. There's nothing like "real" coverage!

Hugs,

Mel

Oh, thanks BigFatMommyDog. Good to know. I only saw the immediate address to the judge when she was brought back into the court room after her outburst.

Living on the west coast, In Session ends its broadcast here at Noon. So I don't always see a full day's coverage.

After In Session ends you can go to WFTV and watch for the rest of the day. I think WESH also is televising entire proceedings.

Those 50 seats won't begin to allow all the curious ones who want to attend the trial. There will be hundreds of them left standing every day, I'm sure. I'm content to watch it on one of the live feeds, but would be interesting to attend if I lived near there.

Thanks Joanner.

XIN I would but if there are only 50 seats, I doubt if I could get one. It is an hr drive from here, actually depends on traffic.
I did not go to this one nearby as when I saw how little people there were in courtroom, I thought maybe they only allowed certain people in.
I shouldve called
I barely got much done during this jury selection!!
From what Joanner said it sounds like you can see more on TV so....
I can see how if you are in courtroom all you can see if back of her head. Casey looks very tiny. I was surprised at how long her hair is but then she has been in jail for 3 yrs now. I cant wait until Tues:banghead:

<Kimster stands behind Ynot with ray gun in hand>

images.jpg

http://photobucket.com/images/ray gun/

:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members