IA - Chanel Hanley, 19, questioned after placenta found, 7 Jan 2012

....And this is terrible to even think about, but is it possible to have disposed of a little baby by flushing it down the commode? God that's horrible and I feel bad for even thinking it.
my 3 lb 32 weekers would not have flushed, however if she was not as far along as they are guessing (29-32 weeks), than it's possible

updated article with direct quotes with LE

http://www.kimt.com/content/breakin...-For-Missing-Baby/5CePcavmv0m9LbuGmMZ3Xw.cspx

While more than 48 hours have passed since law enforcement was initially dispatched they remain optimistic that they'll find the child alive but also realize it might already be too late.

“We want them to call us we need to locate this baby our hope is that it is alive and well and somebody has it but at this point we have to consider the notion that it isn't and may have been discarded,” said Lashbrook.

The mother, Chanel Hanley, has not been charged with any crimes at this point. Chief Lashbrook says their focus now is locating the child, but said charges could be filed at a future date.

Moo, but i think they are guessing based on gestational age. Since mom is not cooperating, i think they are going by maybe friends or family guess's at how far along she is....

That makes much more sense.

How many more of these kind of cases are thier gonna be thier over lapping there's so many of them right now . My daughter was very very preme only a pound 10 ounces even with the incubator breathing machine and every other device she was lucky to make it I feel bad in saying I don't give this baby any chance at all if it hasn't been in a hospitol somewhere..

Oh my gosh... the baby only weighs three pounds.

I think this 'mother' didn't want them to test the baby for drugs.

But she left the cord and the placenta?
Can't they test at least the placenta for drugs as well? Or am I totally nuts here. :waitasec:

Oh my gosh... the baby only weighs three pounds.

I think this 'mother' didn't want them to test the baby for drugs.

Then she should have hidden the placenta too. That paints a more complete picture of prenatal drug use than the baby does. I doubt she would have known that, though.

ETA: Ms F beat me to this post, I just didn't notice, LOL.

How can someone give birth and then just hide the baby.... I don't understand why they can't charge her with something.. ANYTHING....
Hindering a police investigation??
interference with official acts???
If CPS believes a child has been abused (a crime has occurred) i believe they can compel you to produce said child......so why can't someone compel her to produce this baby????

I'm frustrated!!!!!

The search involved the examination of sewer and sewage lines, rooftops, neighborhoods and commercial business areas.

The search extended to the North Iowa Landfill, where trash from residential and commercial businesses around the center would have been disposed.

While the investigation remains open, police believe information of a more specific nature is needed to continue the search, according to Lashbrook.

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/po...c93-11e1-b366-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1jCNTlpVd

investigation into the suspected birth and unknown location of an infant have reached an impasse

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/po...c93-11e1-b366-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1jCNaxEx2

The investigation has involved the assistance of personnel from the Charles City Police Department, two cadaver search dogs from the North Iowa Community Emergency Response Team, the North Iowa Landfill, the Mason CIty Operations and Maintenance Division, the Mason City Fire Department, Navratil Excavating, Iowa Workforce Development and the Cerro Gordo County Medical Examiner.

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/po...c93-11e1-b366-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1jCNhxIY5

I emailed 3 news stations to see if there is any updates.. if i hear back I'll post :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back