IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be great if 'America's Most Wanted', did a story on this case,

Where the heck is Ollipop? Has he given up on us???

http://abcnews.go.com/US/elizabeth-smart-encourages-families-missing-iowa-cousins/story?id=17049295

"There's always hope," Smart said."

" In the past five weeks, authorities have struggled to find any leads on the cousins' whereabouts. There is a $50,000 reward for the girls' safe return.

Elizabeth Collins' mother Heather, who attended the Iowa State Fair this month, told ABC News' Alex Perez in July that the wait for the girls' to resurface was an agonizing time.

"A day doesn't seem like a normal day," Collins said. "It's just like it doesn't stop. It keeps dragging and dragging. You're just waiting for a time to go up to your room. You're just waiting, waiting, waiting."

"Whoever's out there, we're just begging you to bring our girls back home," she said."

I think the phone call was either the alibi or the lure.

Sunlight and Jamie (and others) - you have really got me re-thinking this case! Are you talking about the call after a bathroom break?

Hmmm...... interesting thought.

:
Sunlight and Jamie (and others) - you have really got me re-thinking this case! Are you talking about the call after a bathroom break?

:rocker: Oh yea, baby!

I've been down stairs , I missed the phone call can someone fill me in . Is it hypocritical ?

There girls were seen on cctv at 12:19
There was a phone call at 12:27, which can be verified, said to be made at a potty stop after leaving the bike trail and seeing the bikes
That phone call was used by a witness to estimate when he saw the bikes
That sighting report was made several days before the timing of the cctv and footage were made public

I'm wondering if the call could have been made before going to the trail..not after being there.

MOO

Indeed I am!

Hypocritical... is a long way from hypothetical ..note to self.. put your glasses on..

How could it be a lure?

I posted this once before, but I think the phone call could be a lure in this way:

Imagine you are a 8 or 10 year old girl, just sitting in the grass somewhere making dandelion chains. Suddenly, a man with a service van pulls up close by, and stops. With his window down, he talks into his cell phone: "Hi Honey, it's Daddy. I sure miss you. Can't wait to see you this weekend! Ok, gotta go, love you, bye."

He then turns to the girls and says, "hey, my daughter is about your age. Would you mind helping me pick out a birthday present for her?"

Chatty, friendly Lizzy would certainly say yes! And Lyric, who lacks a custodial daddy, probably would too.

"Throw your bikes in the back and hop in! Let's go to the mall real quick, and you can pick out something for yourselves while we are there, for all your help! When we're done, I'll drop you and your bikes at home!"

Off they go.....

Wasn't the cctv time 8 minutes early or something?

I'm just wondering if someone was riding their bike around the lake would they be able to see all the different areas that a car or van might be parked. I would hope a person might see anything suspicious while riding thru?

Hoping that Misty is alright and gets the help she needs to get through this. Also hoping that LE and FBI have some solid leads that they are following to bring these two girls home.

Very perplexing that two girls disappeared into thin air at midday on a Friday without a fuss or anybody seeing anything.

I do not think that any of the family was involved in their abduction but I also do not think it was a random abduction. It was somebody that one of the girls knew and I would not exclude the possibility that they were led away by a female.

I'm just wondering if someone was riding their bike around the lake would they be able to see all the different areas that a car or van might be parked. I would hope a person might see anything suspicious while riding thru?

I rode my bike around that lake and on the side where the highway is looking towards the parking lot, I was surprised how far away my vehicle which is a large conversion van, was. And during most of my ride I never could see where the bikes were found until I was on it. The trail is curvy and in spots your going thru trees and bushes on both sides . Now, don't make fun of my converson van, I have a wheelchair bound son.

Sad to see Lyric's mom was hospitalized. I know if I was fighting an addiction (and plenty of us are, it's often just something more mundane like food rather than alcohol or drugs), I am sure having my daughter & niece disappear would be enough stress to cause a relapse. I hope she is offered & accepts help.

Sad to see there's nothing new in this case. Two girls don't just disappear while riding their bikes. Wish we would get just a little tiny piece of new info.

Wasn't the cctv time 8 minutes early or something?

The cctv part of the timeline has been a puzzle from the beginning.
First it was 12:15, then it was 12:11...then the owner of the camera said the camera was 8 minutes slower than his cellular clock/watch, which means the cctv was actually 12:19
This was made public days after the witness report

The witness said the call was made at 12:27
The witness guesstimated he saw the bikes at around 12:20 based on the call he made
The witness said he made the call after he saw the bikes on the trail..after he biked to a bathroom stop

MOO...hope I got that right.

The cctv part of the timeline has been a puzzle from the beginning.
First it was 12:15, then it was 12:11...then the owner of the camera said the camera was 8 minutes slower than his cellular clock/watch, which means the cctv was actually 12:19
This was made public days after the witness report

The witness said the call was made at 12:27
The witness guesstimated he saw the bikes at around 12:20 based on the call he made
The witness said he made the call after he saw the bikes on the trail..after he biked to a bathroom stop

MOO...hope I got that right.
So the witnesses time doesn't jive, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz