IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Dr. Phil today is a very graphic story about a missing girl who was held captive for awhile.

IIRC, there have been numerous MSM articles (and discussions here on WS) indicating that we can't expect LE to share autopsy results w/the public.

Do you think we will, at least, hear a statement from LE that this case is now officially declared a homocide?

ETA: I hope they will. Until they say something to us, IMO, we'll have no clue as to whether all autopsy test results are in. IDK

I think Abben meant the 10 local RSOs had been cleared, not that the hundreds of RSOs in the Cedar River Valley had been cleared.

As for DNA... I don't know that they had any before the bodies were found. I can think of 10 different scenarios where the bicycles and purse were never touched by the perp.

As for whether any DNA was found with the bodies... time will tell.

There's also the fact that many offenders are not exactly the bright lights at the mall and they will repeatedly leave their fingerprints, their DNA and even their checkbook at crime scenes.

Two words.... Duct tape. IF there is any, there might be fingerprints.

2013-01-12 16 21 01 (2) Trim.jpg

Crosses left for Elizabeth & Lyric at the intersection of 270th Street and Tuscon Avenue (the road is 270th, looking east). Note the white tree in the background, the same one referenced by the man in the video

2013-01-12 16 18 41 (2).jpg

The gate at 270th street, the entrance to the park. The road was bad here, minimal maintenance.

2013-01-12 16 18 59 (3).jpg

"Address" for Seven Bridges, just so I could remember.

Thanks for the photos Squeeze. The white tree is really eerie to me. {{{{}}}}

1) He is supposed to be under supervision by his Parole Officer. Ummm...??

2) I would assume that the police would also have him under surveillance, given that he faces 5 40-year prison sentences that he was supposed to have gone on trial for 7 months ago. And seeing as they accused him of kidnapping and murdering his daughter. To do that, I'm assuming they believed he was capable of it at the time. Have they changed their mind? (And before anyone argues with me, NO, he has NOT been cleared. And yes, they publicly said he is not a suspect. I am referring to what actually happened and was reported in MSM back when they DID accuse him of the crime.) I am seriously losing faith in LE on this one.

3) Is that really what he was afraid of? He has ALREADY been arrested and is ALREADY facing trial (has a hearing this Friday) on those charges. Why would he be afraid of LE coming to see him about those old charges? Wonder what he was really afraid of.

BBM - I, too, had recalled MSM reporting that a family member had said something abt DM having stormed out of interview w/LE due to being accused of murdering/killing his daughter.

My search for things Gma said, brought up this:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120718/NEWS/120718031/Search-for-missing-girls-causes-tensions-to-rise?odyssey=tab

Search for Missing Girls Causes Tensions to Rise
July 18, 2012 - Evansdale, IA - Tensions appear to be mounting between law enforcement officials and the family members of two missing girls who disappeared after going for a bike ride on Friday.

The father of one of the girls stormed out of a long interview with authorities on Tuesday after law enforcement officials accused him of killing Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, the girls&#8217; grandmother said. <snipped>

View attachment 29164

Crosses left for Elizabeth & Lyric at the intersection of 270th Street and Tuscon Avenue (the road is 270th, looking east). Note the white tree in the background, the same one referenced by the man in the video

View attachment 29165

The gate at 270th street, the entrance to the park. The road was bad here, minimal maintenance.

View attachment 29166

"Address" for Seven Bridges, just so I could remember.
cinder, the white birch is in the photos

folks: stop NOW with discussing family members. You can discuss what has been reported in the media but going beyond that is not allowed.

Bless Wylma's heart. Between she and Aunt Tammy there was an awful lot said in the early days by people who IMO are not accustomed to wieghing or measuring their words or worrying about them being looked at word for word six months down the road.

We all get it. DM was interrogated. He felt they suspected him. Family members said LE accused him and the MSM was there to catch it all.

Nobody is denying that happened so I really am confused as to why this is continuing to dominate the conversation?

I have always found white birches lovely and not at all scary so I truly don't get the scary reference either.

Bless Wylma's heart. Between she and Aunt Tammy there was an awful lot said in the early days by people who IMO are not accustomed to wieghing or measuring their words or worrying about them being looked at word for word six months down the road.

We all get it. DM was interrogated. He felt they suspected him. Family members said LE accused him and the MSM was there to catch it all.

Nobody is denying that happened so I really am confused as to why this is continuing to dominate the conversation?

I am only speaking for myself here, but I don't know why what the family members have stated to the media shouldn't be discussed. No one has been named POI's or suspects in this case by LE, but I do think that the comments the family has made give us indication of the line of investigation (at the time) and we've had no indication from any other media reports that anyone else has been questioned repeatedly. So, we're only discussing what we know (as per the rules).

For example...and these are ONLY examples:
We have several reports of Wylma stating that Dan had been interrogated and that LE accused him of killing the girls.

My question to that, is this:
If Dan has a solid alibi, why are they grilling him?! Why did they come to the hotel in the middle of the night to talk to Dan and Misty?

It's not that I want to come here and bash the victims. I'm trying to grasp why LE would waste their time hounding people if they are cleared or aren't considered suspects in the case, that's all.

A lot of it has to do with the media attention the family has received.

However, if it had been reported that LE came to a RSO's house and beat on their door in the middle of the night to talk to them for a second, possibly third time after we knew they had taken a polygraph, were not mentioned as a POI by LE, etc. - would you remain consistent in your thinking that LE was just doing it as part of their investigation?
Or would you assume that they are repeatedly questioning the RSO because they had reason to repeatedly question this person?

I'm not advocating bashing the family. When all we are allowed to discuss what is what is reported in MSM, and the media is almost exclusively reporting on the family, what do you suggest we discuss?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just trying to stay within TOS and still be realistic in possible scenarios revolving around this abduction. Sure, we can all come up with some off the wall theory to make it fit into the 8 minute timeline but how many of those scenarios can we back with MSM reports and not include innocent people who also have not been mentioned by LE as well?

I am really struggling with posting anymore because I simply don't think there's anything more to discuss that are within the realm of plausible scenarios.:dunno:

Because it is a slippery slope that some folks continue to slide down and get chastised or worse about. I am not a person who likes to see people get time outs, mods get frustrated and threads get closed for cleanup.

When discussing this topic earlier it was heading towards thinly veiled non victim friendliness.

I am loath to see it go that direction again and therefor, trying to turn discussion another direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member