IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but my recently deceased kitty looked exactly like the photo in my avatar. He just passed away in March from cancer.

I do have another black cat though (looks similar to this one and yours!).

OT- I am sorry about your kitty :(

I sure hope LE has interviewed the employees of Lederman's Big & Tall Clothing Store since it is a men's store and is apparently right next to Elizabeth's house. I wonder if they have cameras in or outside the store.

Ok, on this picture I circled in red where they may have parked. I think the girls came down Lake Ave (purple line) and cut thru (yellow line) to the bike path. The green circle is where I think the bikes were found but I could be wrong about the spot. This is if the sighting on Lake Ave is true.

lake2.jpg

ETA: There is a big grassy area right off of Arbutus.

Ok, on this picture I circled in red where they may have parked. I think the girls came down Lake Ave (purple line) and cut thru (yellow line) to the bike path. The green circle is where I think the bikes were found but I could be wrong about the spot. This is if the sighting on Lake Ave is true.

View attachment 24603

That could be the spot misty and grandma were talking about. I'm just no good when it comes to this kind of thing........

i agree.. the purse with the game phone inside it was thrown over the fence as we understand it, right?

that means.. that someone just didn't drop it and run off to catch a crawdad.. that means from where the bikes were found and the purse was found the girls maybe didn't likely have time to move the bikes off the trail but just stopped. so what could have stopped them? why in that area? not a good area to de-bike and walk around if you are just cruising.

someone was in the path directing them to something else most likely.. either that or they stopped and were just taken advantage of for stopping in that area by someone preying upon it.

This was most likely an impulse grab and no one saw it. I still think this may be what happened.. I think someone took the chance and ran with it.. and it may be someone off the radar. It may be hard to capture this person unless fbi puts out a profile and what they are looking for and what has happened. I hope that comes next. Yes, they are putting a lot of weight into the lake. But they have to clear it.

They have to.

So we all have to wait. As do the families of these girls. My prayers are with them. I cannot imagine what they are going thru.

Agree the lake has to be drained. It was an opportunity grab imo and something startled the two girls to make them drop from their bikes - like maybe somebody "flashed" them. Questions I would be asking would be along the lines of "were there any visitors in any of the homes on the streets near to where the bikes and purse was found".

The window of opportunity was probably between 1pm and 3pm on that day so searches should be done in and around areas that would be about 45 to 60 minutes drive from Evansdale. This is of course assuming that the perp is local and I am saying this as there has been no mention of any "outsiders" to the community being noticed.

Then again they may be found in the lake but it doesn't make any sense to me but I have been wrong many times.

In my opinion, something tells me a man Lyric became friends with on Facebook has something to do with this. Sure are a lot of men she is 'friends" with, though of course I truthfully have no idea if they may be relatives, what not. However, I have investigated a few and they seem worthy of questioning, in my opinion, again.

Ok...long day at the beach, then dinner, then son's t-ball....I am wa-a-a-a-a-y behind in this thread (pg 30 of the last thread), but....

After t-ball we went to Meyer's Lake, and I took some pics. Much of the lake is taped off, but I took pics of the playground, the shelter, the crowd watching the lake drain, the location where the docks were and the docks stacked up in the parking lot, the trail leading off around the lake, across the lake where a pump was working to help drain the lake, etc. Then we went over to that lift/pump house.

I got pics of the "grassy area" mentioned on Nancy Grace (which I'm now watching for the first time - ever), the wooded area, the lift/pump house and its driveway, the view towards the trail from the lift/pump house, a pic of some clear tire tracks leading back towards the lake, and the cleared path mentioned previously. I walked back along that path and took pics of where it led. I also got pics of where the trail crosses Arbutus (just down from the lift/pump house), as well as where it crosses Gilbert one block from the police station while adjacent to a skatepark.

Those tire tracks were odd. At first I assumed it was some LE or search vehicle, because I know that area had been scoured. But then I got pics of the "grassy parking area" and there is good access to the trail there, as well as the fact that vehicles were easily accessing the back of the lake by using the trail, so why would any vehicle feel the need to completely bushwhack its way thru that underbrush there?

I got home, double-checked my pics. It was still strange. Too wide to be a Gator, and likely only used one time - not beaten down, just looked like brushy undergrowth that had been recently driven thru. So, eventually, I called the tip-line again. Answered first time this time, took my info, sounded genuinely interested, got my name, number, etc.

Also, we got pics of Lederman's with the last-known sighting area and the Collins home in the background. Also got pics of the trail where it leads away from Lafayette and heads down towards the school, the skatepark, and eventually the lake.

I'll work on getting them posted here if it would help ppl visualize the area better. But first, it's bedtime for my son, and I got a few minutes of SuperDad-ing left to do.

I'd hate to think I was the first to spot those tire tracks, or that they weren't made by searchers/LE, but also I hope that sheds some light and helps get these girls home.

Scrolling past all of the gaming provides interesting insights for me on the Facebook...

IF someone has abducted/done something to these little girls, and it's not an accident, I'm afraid they're thoroughly enjoying the uproar it's caused. That's my fear....

On the other hand, if something unplanned happened, or if something got out of hand - all the activity might cause a great amount of additional guilt for those involved.

These poor girls - where can they be? :banghead:

I keep thinking about young boys...what secrets do young 10 yr old girls keep from their parents, but boys? I didn't like them until I was roughly 12-13yrs old - but that was 100 years ago; teens are far more advanced in that respect nowadays. Not insinuating anything sexual, just male-female curiosity seems to happen earlier these days. At least it seems to be that way with the teens I've interacted with these last 15-20 yrs or so... and unfortunately, despite "good upbringing" they don't always make wise choices in their "love interests"
:twocents:

All the above - just rambling thoughts
MHOO

In my opinion, something tells me a man Lyric became friends with on Facebook has something to do with this. Sure are a lot of men she is 'friends" with, though of course I truthfully have no idea if they may be relatives, what not. However, I have investigated a few and they seem worthy of questioning, in my opinion, again.

Please refresh my memory: Is Lyric the girl with the dangling earrings? TIA.

Ok...long day at the beach, then dinner, then son's t-ball....I am wa-a-a-a-a-y behind in this thread (pg 30 of the last thread), but....

After t-ball we went to Meyer's Lake, and I took some pics. Much of the lake is taped off, but I took pics of the playground, the shelter, the crowd watching the lake drain, the location where the docks were and the docks stacked up in the parking lot, the trail leading off around the lake, across the lake where a pump was working to help drain the lake, etc. Then we went over to that lift/pump house.

I got pics of the "grassy area" mentioned on Nancy Grace (which I'm now watching for the first time - ever), the wooded area, the lift/pump house and its driveway, the view towards the trail from the lift/pump house, a pic of some clear tire tracks leading back towards the lake, and the cleared path mentioned previously. I walked back along that path and took pics of where it led. I also got pics of where the trail crosses Arbutus (just down from the lift/pump house), as well as where it crosses Gilbert one block from the police station while adjacent to a skatepark.

Those tire tracks were odd. At first I assumed it was some LE or search vehicle, because I know that area had been scoured. But then I got pics of the "grassy parking area" and there is good access to the trail there, as well as the fact that vehicles were easily accessing the back of the lake by using the trail, so why would any vehicle feel the need to completely bushwhack its way thru that underbrush there?

I got home, double-checked my pics. It was still strange. Too wide to be a Gator, and likely only used one time - not beaten down, just looked like brushy undergrowth that had been recently driven thru. So, eventually, I called the tip-line again. Answered first time this time, took my info, sounded genuinely interested, got my name, number, etc.

Also, we got pics of Lederman's with the last-known sighting area and the Collins home in the background. Also got pics of the trail where it leads away from Lafayette and heads down towards the school, the skatepark, and eventually the lake.

I'll work on getting them posted here if it would help ppl visualize the area better. But first, it's bedtime for my son, and I got a few minutes of SuperDad-ing left to do.

I'd hate to think I was the first to spot those tire tracks, or that they weren't made by searchers/LE, but also I hope that sheds some light and helps get these girls home.

You should probably send in your photos, just in case?

Welcome to WS!

:welcome:

I'm wondering when the girls stayed away too long the first time if a police cruiser came to the home when LE was contacted.

Usually when this happens, news usually travels around the neighbourhood about why a police cruiser was parked in front of a home.

In this case, the perp could be someone who knew about this first incident and then used this to lure the girls to a waiting vehicle by approaching the girls on the nature trail telling them they had been asked by their mother and father to come and pick them up, as they should know better because they were told not to be gone too long and to leave their bikes that the perp would come back and get them after he took them home.

The girls would have believed this, as the first incident happened.

I still think this perp is local and in the know. Since there was no sign of a struggle, the girls must have gone willingly thinking they were in trouble again.

This perp may have said they were from LE.

Some thoughts.

View attachment 24603

ETA: There is a big grassy area right off of Arbutus.

Yes, yes - that makes sense. It does seem, from your photo, that the only way out is the highway - without being seen by neighbors. A perp wouldn't walk them out any other way. Great map, thanks Jules.

on NG, the reporter stated that last year a car ran off the road through the fence into the lake which they never fixed?! I work on finding the exact quote :)

That hole is on the other side of where the bikes were found, maybe 150 yards from the "grassy park," and you'd have to pass thru the narrow trail section to get from the grass to the hole in the fence.

Also, I remember that accident well. My kids and I checked it out perhaps a day after it happened - still car parts strewn about, emergency vehicle tracks leading off the trail, etc. The car from the accident never reached the lake, but actually got hung up in the fence itself. It is very overgrown and steep on the highway side, and beautifully groomed grass on the trail side. We also had recently noticed that fence had never been fixed - maybe a month ago or so - but it was hardly noticeable with all the vines growing over it and overgrowth, etc.

hopefully everyone made it over to thread three without scrapes or bruises. I am sure the families of these girls appreciate all of your introspective insights into where they might be.

They still are missing and it seems to be not in their nature.
It also seems that them not coming back on time to grandma is also out of their nature. At least we have the bikes and they are draining the lake and the area is surrounded.. If anyone has any other ideas for the family please post them here... and discuss the case as it developes. That being said we don't allow bashing of family or the victims. We are a victim frielndly forum. please, please, keep that in mind.

bbm: bumping up:

Agree the lake has to be drained. It was an opportunity grab imo and something startled the two girls to make them drop from their bikes - like maybe somebody "flashed" them. Questions I would be asking would be along the lines of "were there any visitors in any of the homes on the streets near to where the bikes and purse was found".

The window of opportunity was probably between 1pm and 3pm on that day so searches should be done in and around areas that would be about 45 to 60 minutes drive from Evansdale. This is of course assuming that the perp is local and I am saying this as there has been no mention of any "outsiders" to the community being noticed.

Then again they may be found in the lake but it doesn't make any sense to me but I have been wrong many times.

I agree. I thought there was some guy on a bike who saw the girl's bikes at 12:30 and reported it later when he saw they were missing?

The posts about being bored, this house is stupid, the kid driving her nuts - or something else?

Yes, I do believe that was last year, 2011, and from reading those, she was staying with her cousin. Wanted to go home...It may have been around the time her mother was in the hospital?

Thanks, Liltexans! I have been reading for a few years.

boredom leads to risktaking...which cousin was swearing? rebellious...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix