IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had a couple in our area also. One was taken as she was walking with her mother. The little girl was able to escape, and LE caught the man. IMO after the Cleveland monster was arrested the other monsters figured, "If he can do it, so can I. And, I'll do it better."

Oh my gosh... are you near the Sacramento, CA area? That sounds like what's been happening around here. If not, then it's happening a lot more places too. :(

What is wrong with the world when a child can't even feel safe walking with his or her own family??

Yes, I am in Sacramento. I just realized you had posted about this little girl up-thread. lol There was another attempted abduction outside of Sactown also. On a side note, I drive to the school, but there is a little girl who walks a block home, and she's always alone. I usually try to watch, and make sure she makes it to her door. I asked my girlfriend, who rides her bike to school, to ride with her home. No issues or questions asked....she rode with her to her front door. How hard is it for all of us to be aware of our surroundings!? Sadly, most are oblivious to what's going on around them.

Oh my gosh... are you near the Sacramento, CA area? That sounds like what's been happening around here. If not, then it's happening a lot more places too. :(

What is wrong with the world when a child can't even feel safe walking with his or her own family??

WOW! Cheese and Crackers! Please tell us he wasn't prepping your niece!?

Thanks for posting this because I checked his FB page and went thru his list of friends and one of his friends said 1 mutual friend, in shock I checked and it was my 15 yr old niece who lives in Boone. I'm getting hold of her mom tonight.

Originally Posted by threecrazykids
One of MK's friends on his FB page is also a RSO who lives on River Forest Road in Evansdale. Initials are TC.

I don't want to implicate someone innocent, but that would give MK a reason to be "working or visiting in the Evansdale area" that day. And it just so happens that TC's "works at" on his FB page states "fishing".

Wow - another coincidence?

Heather is going to be talking on the KWWL news at 5:00 & 6:00 tonight about the girls' case being related to Klunder. They will probably have a video on it later tonight.

Ty, Roses !!

Good, bad, or indifferent... I simply KNEW this was coming...

Didn't we all ?!?

Yes, I am in Sacramento. I just realized you had posted about this little girl up-thread. lol There was another attempted abduction outside of Sactown also. On a side note, I drive to the school, but there is a little girl who walks a block home, and she's always alone. I usually try to watch, and make sure she makes it to her door. I asked my girlfriend, who rides her bike to school, to ride with her home. No issues or questions asked....she rode with her to her front door. How hard is it for all of us to be aware of our surroundings!? Sadly, most are oblivious to what's going on around them.

Oh whew I'm halfway relieved it "only" happened to one kid recently (the kidnap from her Mom) but it's scary it happened at all. You probably remember this - there was one sometime last year I think where a little boy was nearly lured/pulled into a van while his Dad not far behind him on either a bike or motorcycle. The Dad caught up and the would-be kidnapper took off, but it was very scary! I can't find the articles on it again because it was awhile ago, but I know it's not really directly related to this case, so I'll get back on topic.

I do have to say though, kids apparently aren't safe in pairs, and maybe not even safe in groups or with their own families? It's awful! I'm sure that most parents and kids assume that if they're together, or the kid's at a park with another adult relative, babysitter, etc. that they're safe... they SHOULD be safe in those situations. Well they should be in ANY situation IMO but certainly if people are taking the extra step to not let their child out of an adult's sight. When is the level of supervision high enough???

I am shocked this guy was released unsupervised. :banghead:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/wo...cle_49f80702-c4b6-11e2-9a0d-001a4bcf887a.html

snip>
Elizabeth’s mother, Heather Collins, says she has been contacted by authorities. “Could it be this guy? Of course we would like it to be this guy and some might think that's weird, but who wants to sit through a trial hearing about how someone took and murdered their daughter? Nobody wants to do that. Nobody that I know wants to do that, so to me that would be a blessing if it would be him."

Video inside:
http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/Search-Continues-For-Missing-Girl-208905721.html

We've had a couple in our area also. One was taken as she was walking with her mother. The little girl was able to escape, and LE caught the man. IMO after the Cleveland monster was arrested the other monsters figured, "If he can do it, so can I. And, I'll do it better."

Along with what you said above, I think the more people hear of these type of incidences they are becoming more aware of what's going on around them. I was reading one where a family member came to the school to pick up her younger sister who was crossing guard. The younger sister was grabbed by the arm by someone and she reached for for the chain link fence and hung on. The older sister got out of the car and the man got back in his car and fled. They called their father. The father called the police BUT instead of just calling and expecting the police to investigate he drove around the neighborhoods looking for this guy said both daughters had a description of the man and the car. The father found him, a man in his 20's, he was outside working on his car with the hood up. The father stayed there till the police came and arrested him. This guy in his 20's actually told this father, "I have done this before but I promise never to do it again."

Now if that isn't one big joke, I'm sure he would have done it again, and maybe even gotten better at it. Glad the father did something about this. I'm also glad the man in Ohio did not ignore the cries for help coming from that house. We all need to keep our eyes and ears open.

I am shocked this guy was released unsupervised. :banghead:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/wo...cle_49f80702-c4b6-11e2-9a0d-001a4bcf887a.html

snip>
Elizabeth’s mother, Heather Collins, says she has been contacted by authorities. “Could it be this guy? Of course we would like it to be this guy and some might think that's weird, but who wants to sit through a trial hearing about how someone took and murdered their daughter? Nobody wants to do that. Nobody that I know wants to do that, so to me that would be a blessing if it would be him."

Video inside:
http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/Search-Continues-For-Missing-Girl-208905721.html

I'm hearing reports that he is not a suspect in the Evansdale case.

I have great hope that this is the guy. If the little girl had not run away this one may have not been solved. Completely different circumstances in terms of what was being investigated. Not family....alot of focus put on Lyric/Lizzie famililes. We kept commenting on how a random SO would not take two. Well now we know that's wrong. And these girls went with him willing. I never believed it took much thinking to make those little girls go with someone. Innocence makes it easy for the perps. Innocent girls who had never been fooled or hurt by someone else are easy targets. I don't want to get into comparisons and blame and I just want to stay hopeful that finally there will be an answer.

The only thing that concerns me in that article in regard to his possible involvement with Lyric & Elizabeth is this: he originally went to school at Northwood-Kensett. I had thought he was from the Waverly area (still think he COULD have relatives there). When attending Bremwood, he would have constant supervision there and while attending high school. I don't know how he could be familiar with Seven Bridges because of this. However, I think maybe they could of gone on a school outing there & he remembered it.

The only thing that concerns me in that article in regard to his possible involvement with Lyric & Elizabeth is this: he originally went to school at Northwood-Kensett. I had thought he was from the Waverly area (still think he COULD have relatives there). When attending Bremwood, he would have constant supervision there and while attending high school. I don't know how he could be familiar with Seven Bridges because of this. However, I think maybe they could of gone on a school outing there & he remembered it.

Maybe he had relatives who hunted or fished in that area.

I'm hearing reports that he is not a suspect in the Evansdale case.

then how about his FB buddy alleged to be in the Evanadale area? Birds of a feather - shared info privately? One trained the other ? Look at that guy ...

Find the vehicle he had last year and examine it !:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have friends in Waterloo also, but I didn't kill anyone there either. Just cause he has a perp friend in Waterloo doesn't make him a suspect. Jmo.

Or maybe on a bank by the river just like where Elizabeth and Lyric was found.
I think I remember seeing a couple of state parks when I looked to see where Dayton was.

Yes, I remember seeing them too and wondering if they searched them all in that area. There were 3 or 4 parks south of all the activty. Can't remember if there was a river though.

I have great hope that this is the guy. If the little girl had not run away this one may have not been solved. Completely different circumstances in terms of what was being investigated. Not family....alot of focus put on Lyric/Lizzie famililes. We kept commenting on how a random SO would not take two. Well now we know that's wrong. And these girls went with him willing. I never believed it took much thinking to make those little girls go with someone. Innocence makes it easy for the perps. Innocent girls who had never been fooled or hurt by someone else are easy targets. I don't want to get into comparisons and blame and I just want to stay hopeful that finally there will be an answer.

any thoughts on why the Dayton girls would go with this guy? It seems like they did not know him. I am quite shocked they got in his vehicle; not knowing him.

Now the younger girls, I could see being more persuaded by a stranger or even someone they knew or plain overtaken by someone.
Maybe I am being naive...my kids are older.
thoughts from others with kids in both age groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592