IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Omaha FBI was involved in the beginning. The FBI gets involved in missing children cases, not just drug related cases.

And IMO, probably because two girls went missing simultaneously.

Hopefully there will be some movement in this case soon. With a bunch of arrests someones going to start blabbing
:please:

I don't expect a lot of talk out of them. They might get off better being a druggie/dealer in prison than being a child murderer. Might have been LE's last chance or just the min/max for 3 time drug offenders. If you were sentenced to prison for 90 years or 50, would you rather be charged with drug manufacturing/distributing drugs or murder?

I'm not saying that is what I think happened yet. I'm waiting on Klunder..

I will be surprised if the deaths of L&E is the result of drug activity. Drugs destroy brain cells & addicts do extreme things, but they are usually after money & drugs NOT children. Criminal activity is burglary and robbery; a means to get money so they can buy more drugs-it is expensive being a drug addict. They love children, they don't go around intentionally murdering them.

A pedophile, on the other hand, could care less about the life of a child. There is a lot of money to be made off of sexual exploitation and perverse pleasure when an adult "plays" with a child is at great demand (especially in the *advertiser censored* industry via the Internet).

It is estimated that 4% of the population are pedophiles. http://registeredoffenderslist.org/what-is-pedophilia.htm

I'm not sure if this was posted but it does have a statement about the investigation into Klunder for the girl's murders.

Year-long probe of cousins' deaths far from a cold case, police say

UPDATED 8:54 AM CST Nov 27, 2013

However, Meyers did confirm that the DCI has not yet ruled out a connection with Michael Klunder, a convicted sex offender who killed himself after kidnapping and killing Kathryn Shepard last summer in Dayton.

"We still have a number of elements to complete from a forensic science standpoint on that. I can tell you when that day comes we will be releasing that," Meyers said.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io.../23178110/-/2e6neg/-/index.html#ixzz2mEvqkyK8

If they are still completing forensic testing can't we assume then that they are matching Klunder's DNA to SOME sort of DNA found with the girls? Otherwise, what kind of forensic "testing" would they be doing that takes this damn long? I would think it would have to be an attempt to find a MATCH to something they already have that was found in/on/around the girls.

I still feel stuck on my theory that they either don't have a full DNA profile OR the DNA that they have found is explainable and lacks the other contributing factors that would warrant an arrest (aka motive, opportunity, etc.)

I don't expect a lot of talk out of them. They might get off better being a druggie/dealer in prison than be.ing a child murderer. Might have been LE's last chance or just the min/max for 3 time drug offenders. If you were sentenced to prison for 90 years or 50, would you rather be charged with drug manufacturing/distributing drugs or murder?

I'm not saying that is what I think happened yet. I'm waiting on Klunder..

I'm catching up today, so I'm replying a little late.

My thoughts about someone talking didn't mean someone would admit to murder. I meant that someone in jail who had information about Lyric and Lizzie might exchange that information for a reduction in charges. JMO.

If they are still completing forensic testing can't we assume then that they are matching Klunder's DNA to SOME sort of DNA found with the girls? Otherwise, what kind of forensic "testing" would they be doing that takes this damn long? I would think it would have to be an attempt to find a MATCH to something they already have that was found in/on/around the girls.

I still feel stuck on my theory that they either don't have a full DNA profile OR the DNA that they have found is explainable and lacks the other contributing factors that would warrant an arrest (aka motive, opportunity, etc.)

BBM

I'm with you - I think LE cannot use the DNA (if it exists) for some reason. Either of the reasons you listed above sound reasonable to me. JMO

I think they should release the COD and the MOD in this case. The secrecy has done NOTHING but harm this case.

I think they should release the COD and the MOD in this case. The secrecy has done NOTHING but harm this case.

No one can know this.

Once again I point to the Daniel Morecombe case which took 8 years of undercover work before an arrest was made.

I'm catching up today, so I'm replying a little late.

My thoughts about someone talking didn't mean someone would admit to murder. I meant that someone in jail who had information about Lyric and Lizzie might exchange that information for a reduction in charges. JMO.

I was just going to say this. I think you're right. Maybe that person or persons will give up the goods for the right price. The opportunity just hasn't presented itself yet.

Forensic scientists study the details of a crime and report their findings to a court of law. To do this, forensic scientists perform physical and chemical analyses on criminal evidence submitted by the police or other law enforcement agencies. The physical evidence may be found at the scene of a crime, on a victim, or both. Regardless, forensic scientists use a variety of problem-solving methods, mathematical principles, complex instruments, and microscopic examining techniques to explain the intricacies of each piece of evidence from a case. Some forensic scientists work in laboratories, while others conduct their analysis at the scene of the crime.

After analyzing the physical evidence, forensic scientists draw links between the suspect, the victim, and the crime scene. For example, they may use physical evidence to determine the make, model, year, and even the identity of the owner of a car associated with a crime. Then, they explain the results of their analysis and describe the methods they used to reach their conclusion in a report, which they will cite while providing testimony in court. Throughout this process, forensic scientists ensure that their examination of physical evidence is complete, tests are administered correctly, the data interpretation is accurate, their report is clear and concise, and their testimony is truthful

http://www.collegesanddegrees.com/criminal-justice-law/forensic-science

People don't realise how much work an investigation actually is.

Every call on the tip line must be collated, assessed, checked and filed.

A tipline may get 1000 calls in the first week.

The actual man hours involved weeding a real tip from disgruntled exes, suspicious neighbors, over enthusiastic armchair detectives...thousands of man hours wasted.

Add in the nearest and dearest being Iowa's dumbest criminals, and you've got one unholy mess to untangle.

It's going to take time. Even cases with obvious suspects and motives sometimes go officially unsolved.

Im holding the faith.

Update on MM's record. Appears the juvie public defender withrew & an adult defender will be representing MM.

OTHER ORDER STOCHL RICHARD D 12/01/2013 12/02/2013 12/02/2013
Comments: GRANTING APPLIC TO WITHDRAW AND APPOINTING WATERLOO ADULT
PUBLIC DEFENDER
OTHER APPLICATION ANDERSON SEEBER MELISSA A 12/01/2013 12/02/2013 12/02/2013
Comments: TO WITHDRAW

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/SelectFrame

Update on MM's record. Appears the juvie public defender withrew & an adult defender will be representing MM.

OTHER ORDER STOCHL RICHARD D 12/01/2013 12/02/2013 12/02/2013
Comments: GRANTING APPLIC TO WITHDRAW AND APPOINTING WATERLOO ADULT
PUBLIC DEFENDER
OTHER APPLICATION ANDERSON SEEBER MELISSA A 12/01/2013 12/02/2013 12/02/2013
Comments: TO WITHDRAW

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/SelectFrame

Just want to say thanks to the good Doctor for your very hard work for what you do. :loveyou:

You are a valuable asset on many threads.

:cheers: :yourock: :tyou:

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the discovery of the girls' remains at Seven Bridges. I never thought a year would pass with no arrests in this case.

I pray that LE has a lot going on that we aren't privy to, because from our viewpoint it sure doesn't look like much is being done. JMO.

There is an older, very used looking, white vehicle parked on the street, which appears as though it may have been a delivery vehicle in its day and then painted over. It also looks like the word "service" was once on the side of the vehicle, but then painted. It is hard to tell if this word was on the truck or a reflection of the photographer's vehicle.

IIRC, LC lived at this address with her mom and grandmother.

The picture was taken August 2012.

imo

This is unusual I think, a grand jury being involved. For guns? They might be looking at other evidence? Ongoing investigation? I think so. eta, a gun without a serial number might warrant that though?

Police said Jeramia William Cook, 34, of 712 W. Eighth St., heaved a bottle at a semi truck that backed across his path. He then pulled out a handgun. He was arrested on state charges in September, and last month a grand jury indicted him in federal court.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_e5d6289a-3555-590f-bbd2-73492f092bf6.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lNana of8