IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
TG and his daughter are both on the Facebook discussion page of this case. He was just posting a short while ago. JMO but I believe he stands by what he saw.

Which link is that? Thanks!

TG and his daughter are both on the Facebook discussion page of this case. He was just posting a short while ago. JMO but I believe he stands by what he saw.

Thank you. I didn't know there was a FB site that people were posting on since the other once disappeared.

nervous nellie, I think you have your facts confused.

The volunteer firefighter who located the girls' bikes around 4 p.m. that day is NOT the man who swerved to miss two bikes on the trail around 12:20 that day. And he (TG) first notified LE at the lake, who told him to report it to the police (I'm assuming they didn't have forms with them to take down witness info).

The photo of TG (the biker) talking to LE at the park - do we know for sure it was taken the day the girls disappeared? TG said he rides his bike there a few times a week so the photo could have been taken at a different time. Not sure about that.

i thought tg was a volly ff - sorry if i confused anyone.

i have no idea if it was taken the day they went missing - i thought it was not the same day? id have to look it up????

ps, i stated IIRC, not attempting to state facts...

The volunteer firefighter who located the girls' bikes around 4 p.m. that day is NOT the man who swerved to miss two bikes on the trail around 12:20 that day. And he (TG) first notified LE at the lake, who told him to report it to the police (I'm assuming they didn't have forms with them to take down witness info).

The photo of TG (the biker) talking to LE at the park - do we know for sure it was taken the day the girls disappeared? TG said he rides his bike there a few times a week so the photo could have been taken at a different time. Not sure about that.

I believe it was Monday per this article: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/au...cle_87408126-d217-11e1-aec0-0019bb2963f4.html --dated 07/16/12

As the group searched, a bicyclist stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.

Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo said he rides the trail often.

“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.

Where I live JVM is on her show on HLN talking about the search.

Sorry I no longer can find the link, but the photo was dated the Monday after the girls vanished.

About TG, just a gut feeling and I'll kick myself if he's guilty... as if I could influence the investigation anyway...but he seems forthcoming and helpful IMO and I feel bad for him that he's getting scrutinized so heavily. As for the paddle-boater: if it were me and I knew anything significant I'd come forward in a heartbeat, but otherwise I'd be hesitant to say anything even questionable given all the scrutiny being placed on TG. I can see why they might come not come forward and esp. not come forward in the media.

I agree 100% with you.

right i understand that they photographed a man who gave his name as TG and a person on fb claimed that this person was their father... but is it confirmed that the man in the photo IS TG.

Sorry I no longer can find the link, but the photo was dated the Monday after the girls vanished.

Thanks for the info, I didn't think it was taken the day TG reported seeing the bikes.

So TG, who has said all along that he rides his bike there a few times a week, happened to be photographed talking to LE at the lake on the Monday after the girls vanished? That makes him suspicious?

Come on, can't we just leave this guy alone.

What we know of TG is that he swerved to miss two bikes on the trail the day the girls disappeared, later heard that the girls were missing, and like a good citizen he went to the lake to tell LE what he saw that day. He did the best he could to ascertain the time he saw the bikes by determining when he called his daughter (12:27 p.m.) and working backwards, he figured out it was around 12:20 p.m. LE asked him to report what he saw to the police station, which he did.

Nothing TG has done seems the least bit incriminating, IMO.

Ok, so I still don't get why Grandma Cook and Dan were together. Dan was not supposed to see Misty and yet Grandma Cook said that her dad yelled at her and she packed her bags to run away----it was not Dan's mom who said this----but Grandma Cook. So, Dan had a court order to stay away from Misty, but he was hanging out with his Mother in Law????
IMO this case has way too many questions......

poor girls....

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120719/NEWS/307190046/1001/?odyssey=nav|head

i dont suspect tg anymore that anyone else...but he isnt any less suspectable...le hasnt cleared anyone yet. jmo

Lots of things going through my mind right now but the Big Thing I would like to clarify is if LE have talked to the man that told Aunt Tammy that he saw the children at the park, BECAUSE Abben sure sounds as if he is saying that they have no witnesses who saw them there or anywhere else around town that day!

Lots of things going through my mind right now but the Big Thing I would like to clarify is if LE have talked to the man that told Aunt Tammy that he saw the children at the park, BECAUSE Abben sure sounds as if he is saying that they have no witnesses who saw them there or anywhere else around town that day!

do you mean that the family was not seen searching or that the witnesses were not in the park?

I haven't got a clue about this but I am wondering would there be any possibility of satellite images being available of the time the girls went missing in the areas they may have been taken?

I just wondered if this could identify vehicles etc present at that time.

Sorry if this is a silly question.

i thought tg was a volly ff - sorry if i confused anyone.

i have no idea if it was taken the day they went missing - i thought it was not the same day? id have to look it up????

ps, i stated IIRC, not attempting to state facts...

I know you said "IIRC", and I'm not trying to pick on you. I only spoke up because the info you were relaying to another poster was incorrect and I felt I should point that out before even more confusion arose regarding TG.

He is not a firefighter and was not the person who found the girls' bikes shortly before 4 p.m. the day they disappeared - that was a totally different person.

Personally, I wish we could just get off the whole TG thing:please:

Just thought of something. Perhaps TG saw the bikes lying on the path before the two sided fencing started. And the girls did just drop them to explore the woods and may have been in there when he passed.

Maybe that's why we're not getting any clarification here. Because that's a huge clue if the bikes were later found further up the path neatly resting on the fence with the purse on the lake side...like a staging. And might explain the dogs heading straight to the woods, down the path from the bikes. They may have checked out the lake for a second because the purse was there but they started at the spot where the bikes were, sniffed the lake area where the purse was, but then headed straight for the woods?

IF TG is still posting on the FB group, can someone on there maybe ask him if he ever did go to the Evansdale Police Station to make a report. Because he certainly did not make one to off duty CEDAR RAPIDS policemen who were there helping in the search. They would have told him to go to the police station as they could not have taken a report from him. And that's exactly what the article says. The reporter(s) would have spoken with him before he actually made the report and he told them that he saw the bikes laying on the path. Then they reported that he went to the Evansdale Police Dept to report the sighting because that's likely where he told them he was going when he left them.

MOO

I know you said "IIRC", and I'm not trying to pick on you. I only spoke up because the info you were relaying to another poster was incorrect and I felt I should point that out before even more confusion arose regarding TG.

He is not a firefighter and was not the person who found the girls' bikes shortly before 4 p.m. the day they disappeared - that was a totally different person.

Personally, I wish we could just get off the whole TG thing:please:

i did not say that he was part of when le officially "found" the bikes at 15:58 ... i said that he is the one who was riding a bike earlier in the day and almost crashed into the abandon bikes laying in the trail....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500