IA IA - Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook - Found Deceased - Evansdale - 13 Jul 2012 #39

Thinking about Elizabeth and lyric today. I listened to the Prosecutors Podcast episode today.
I moved out of Iowa but a piece of me will always be an Iowan. Xavier, Breasia, Molly, Elizabeth & Lyric, among many others stick with me and I so wish for closure* & justice for all the families.

DBM. duplicate post.

Last edited:
I still can’t get over the fact that it took them over a year to ask for information on a vehicle that was seen parked in the area that day. There is no way someone would remember it a year later. I understand they have to keep some things under wraps to protect the investigation, but this one came too late to be effective imo.

MOO… I think that investigators firmly believed that their decision to keep a very, very tight lid on evidence in the Evelyn Miller case was absolutely key to getting a conviction. I believe their overconfidence in the importance of that strategy led them to carry it over to Elizabeth and Lyric’s case. Some of the higher level investigators, Iowa DCI and above, were active on both investigations.I believe their zero disclosure policy was not only a mistake in this case, it actively hindered progress. The white van info was an example of far too little, far too late. i wonder if the County and City police involved would have chosen to go this route. My guess is no.

MOO… I think that investigators firmly believed that their decision to keep a very, very tight lid on evidence in the Evelyn Miller case was absolutely key to getting a conviction. I believe their overconfidence in the importance of that strategy led them to carry it over to Elizabeth and Lyric’s case. Some of the higher level investigators, Iowa DCI and above, were active on both investigations.I believe their zero disclosure policy was not only a mistake in this case, it actively hindered progress. The white van info was an example of far too little, far too late. i wonder if the County and City police involved would have chosen to go this route. My guess is no.
Very insightful! Although I’m wondering if the Iowa DCI just doesn’t think the public adds any value to their investigations (which is a bad assumption on their part, if so). Not only did they wait a year to put the SUV info out to the public and ask for tips, which obviously didn’t lead to an arrest, they did the same dang thing several years later, knowing full well that they weren’t going to get anything useful from the public if you wait too long. After Mollie Tibetts went missing, they waited almost a month to ask the public to call in tips about very specific areas and times. A month is better than a year, sure, but not by much.

I realize that I am assuming LE didn’t get any viable tips about the SUV. Since there hasn’t been an arrest, I feel pretty confident in making that decision.

The girls were found 11 years ago today. It's worth reading this article and the link in the article to an old one from 2017. I learned alot I didn't know or at least didn't remember.
Yet another article where they don’t state if Altmayer was cleared, his case wasn’t related, etc. They’ve said that about others before, twice in this same article as a matter of fact (in addition to publicly clearing Klunder), but never give any indication that anything came of looking at Altmayer.

Yet another article where they don’t state if Altmayer was cleared, his case wasn’t related, etc. They’ve said that about others before, twice in this same article as a matter of fact (in addition to publicly clearing Klunder), but never give any indication that anything came of looking at Altmayer.
Yes, I was always wondering if they investigated the Altmayer guy. At the time he was in the news for the Grundy county incident, I was highly suspicious of him. I still am really. With the arrest in Delphi, I no longer feel there is a connection there. Although it was so similiar and I really wanted it to be connected for a better chance at both being solved.

Meyers Lake is now called "Angels Park" and memorials for the girls are everywhere. To mark the 10-year anniversary, the city hosted a 10-mile ride and drive to raise money for Crime Stoppers.

A cold case foundation has also been established in honor of the Evansdale girls. The nonprofit organization dedicated to helping families of missing people started in 2022. The Elizabeth Collins Foundation partners with Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers to bring awareness to cold cases in hopes of garnering new tips and leads.

I have a question about the individual who discovered the girls bikes. Did they have an alibi? If so, what was it?

I have a question about the individual who discovered the girls bikes. Did they have an alibi? If so, what was it?
The local police found the bikes.
A lot has changed in the years since the girls’ disappearance, but Elizabeth’s father, Drew Collins, still remembers the day it happened, July 13, 2012, in detail.
Drew asked his mother-in-law where the girls were, and she told him they’d gone for a bike ride and hadn’t returned yet. After a few hours, Drew and his then-wife, Heather Collins, started getting worried.

“We called the police and the search was on. … They found their bikes around 4 o’clock that afternoon. I went and identified the bikes. We found a purse of Elizabeth’s with her phone in it, and we just started panicking and started looking, started driving around town looking at all the parks and stuff, trying to find them,” Drew said.

The local police found the bikes.
A lot has changed in the years since the girls’ disappearance, but Elizabeth’s father, Drew Collins, still remembers the day it happened, July 13, 2012, in detail.
Drew asked his mother-in-law where the girls were, and she told him they’d gone for a bike ride and hadn’t returned yet. After a few hours, Drew and his then-wife, Heather Collins, started getting worried.

“We called the police and the search was on. … They found their bikes around 4 o’clock that afternoon. I went and identified the bikes. We found a purse of Elizabeth’s with her phone in it, and we just started panicking and started looking, started driving around town looking at all the parks and stuff, trying to find them,” Drew said.
I think OP may be thinking of the bike rider (TG) that passed the bikes on the trail before anyone knew the girls were missing. I want to say it was like around 12:30 or 1, but I may be wrong?

As far as an alibi, it has never been publicly known whether or not the police even asked him if he had one…

Yes, thank you. I was thinking of the bike rider.

Does anyone know if law enforcement requested cell tower dumps? I presume that was most likely done, but not disclosed to the public because of their “zero disclosure”policy.

I think about this case often and it saddens me that it has not been solved.

Does anyone know if law enforcement requested cell tower dumps? I presume that was most likely done, but not disclosed to the public because of their “zero disclosure”policy.

Has anyone looked at the current list of registered sex offenders? There is one that lives less than two miles from Seven Bridges. Maybe the killer lives closer to Seven Bridges than the site they were abducted from?

As

As far as I know, LE has never publicly acknowledged TG as a witness who saw the girls’ bikes.

what time did the bike rider (TG) discover the bikes? I have seen a few different news articles indicating he discovered the bikes at 12:20 PM to as late as 4:00 PM.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back