IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

June 5 2023
"The Find Jodi team has been keeping busy this year keeping Jodi’s presence alive in the River City.

They just renewed a billboard made possible by donations.

And throughout everything, Scott is fighting for answers alongside his team to bring Jodi home.

“What would you tell Jodi on her birthday?”

“I would tell her while she’s being remembered for the worst thing that ever happened to her, I would tell her she’s impacted more people than she’s ever known,” Fuller said.

And that impact, will live on forever.

For more information on Find Jodi, visit this link.''
''Jun 6, 2023
(ABC 6 News) – Monday is an especially a tough day for those who know and love Jodi Huisentruit. The beloved Mason City news anchor who went missing in 1995, turns 55-years-old on Monday. Instead of celebrating her birthday with family and friends, they’re still looking for answers on where she is. She was real and authentic, her personality brought people together. Jodi went missing on her way to work in Mason City almost 28 years ago. The Find Jodi team is still looking answers. Combing through tips on where she might be. They want to see her again. They want to see her smile. “As time goes on, that’s our principle rule at Find Jodi. To be a lighthouse for her remembrance,” Scott Fuller, team member of Find Jodi said. “I think there comes a time where even the most optimistic investigator has a hard time asking well it’s been so long, so many people have looked at this case, what difference can I make? What keeps you going is hope. Someday we’re going to have an answer.” The Find Jodi team has been keeping busy this year keeping Jodi’s presence alive in the River City. They just renewed a billboard made possible by donations. And throughout everything, Scott is fighting for answers alongside his team to bring Jodi home. “What would you tell Jodi on her birthday?” “I would tell her while she’s being remembered for the worst thing that ever happened to her, I would tell her she’s impacted more people than she’s ever known,” Fuller said. And that impact, will live on forever.''

I don’t think it was too hard for LE to figure out she was lying.
This woman is 25 years old and claims she saw JH killed at a party she was invited to when she was a runaway In 1995. Three years before she was born.
It looks like she was 25 in 2006, when she told LE the story. She would have been 14 years old in 1995.

28 YEARS. News anchor Jodi Huisentruit disappeared 28 years ago today. Our @findjodi team continues the search and members of the team are in Mason City, Iowa to mark the occasion. The family released a statement: https://findjodi.com/statement-from-jodi-huisentruits-family-on-the-28th-anniversary-of-her-disappearance/ #FindJodi #JodiHuisentruit

It’s now been 28 years since our Jodi went missing, and it is so hard to put into words the emotions we are feeling as we mark yet another year without answers and justice in her case.

28 years since we last saw her smile, heard her laugh, or had a chance to hug her and tell her how much we love her. 28 years of not being able to share in experiences and make memories together with her.

28 years of pure anguish dealing with the loss of our dear Jodi and trying to find answers to what happened to her on June 27, 1995.

JUN 29, 2023
[...]

Huisentruit’s disappearance is Iowa’s most famous unsolved case and it has proven difficult for investigators to solve. One challenge is evidence, since investigators in the 90s were working with very different tools than they have today.

“The challenge is the age of the case,” Brinkley said. “I think, there’s no way to go back and technology was clearly different when this happened back in 1995. There’s just challenges to going back and essentially recreating the past,” Brinkley said.

Brinkley said there are pieces of information that could help police put the puzzle pieces together, but nothing specific he could discuss with the public.

In the wake of Huisentruit’s disappearance, a group called FindJodi was formed. Podcaster Scott Fuller said the initial search for Huisentruit included search dogs as law enforcement scoured the area.

[...]

The group has also done its own digging on the people police questioned about Huisentruit’s disappearance, including Vancise.

“We know that the police are very interested in Vancise or at least they have been recently. There was a warrant that was executed on John Vancise,” Fuller said.

The warrant was executed by Iowa authorities in 2017. It was sealed at the time and has been resealed each year since, leaving the public in the dark about what police were looking for.

[...]

“We have some working theories that we continue to work on,” Brinkley said.

Huisentruit’s family had her declared dead in 2001. They planted a tree in her honor 28 years ago which now stands quite tall in front of KIMT-TV. Meanwhile, the community is still desperately seeking some closure.

Kuns said she doesn’t think Huisentruit will ever be found, but hopes police are getting closer to providing some answers.

“I’m tired of this,” Kuns said. “We need to know what happened.”

As Tad DiBiase, a former Assistant United States Attorney, and someone who specializes in “no body” cases explains – “No case ever goes cold as long as there are detectives actively investigating.”

According to Merriam-Webster, cold cases are unsolved criminal investigations not being worked on because of a lack of evidence. A term Rochester Police takes differently.

“It’s not just sitting on a shelf collecting dust with nobody looking at it at all,” said Rochester Police Captain Casey Moilanen. “A cold case to me would be a case where you’ve followed up on everything that you can follow up on. You don’t have any more leads or tips coming in. You really just can’t think of anything else to do.”

Twenty-eight years ago, Jodi Huisentruit went missing. An incident that would change the Mason City community forever.

A moment Scott Fuller, a Podcaster with FindJodi says many don’t forget.

“Talking to people who were around Minnesota and Iowa, it’s like a JFK moment. If they were here, they remember hearing about Jodi disappearing,” said Fuller.

On June 27, 1995, Huisentruit got a call she was late to anchor the morning show but never showed up. A shoe, bent key, and Jodi’s red 1991 Mazda Miata, were the few clues investigators have to go off of.

“You just never know where different information that people walk in the room with can fit into the investigation,” said Chief Jeff Brinkley with the Mason City Police Department. “And how that can put us on a path that helps us to get some resolution.”

Fuller became interested in Jodi’s case when he was asked to do a podcast special. Now a team member of FindJodi, this has become personal for him.

“Getting to know over the years her sister, and her family and friends. Just a world where that can happen and no one is caught I think I have a problem with,” said Fuller.

Private Investigator Steve Ridge has been working independently on this case since the 90s.

“I don’t think time is a factor in motivation,” said Ridge. “I think progress is. I continue to gather new information on a steady basis and I think that it will all eventually fit together.”

New information including this finding: Ridge said when Jodi got her red 1991 Mazda Miata, the transaction was “a bit of an arms-length transaction” and a third party was involved. Ridge says this could mean the person who gave Jodi the car in part as a gift, was not the previous owner.

“I’m still hopeful that there is some kind of evidence whether that’s stuff we know about, physical evidence, or maybe something we don’t know about that can be tested with advanced technology,” said Fuller.

“The Mason City Police Department has given me that hope. They’re constantly referring to advancing technology without being specific about what they’re referring to,” said Fuller.

Iowa news anchor Jodi Huisentruit disappeared a year after she filed a police report saying she had been followed. But 28 years later, there are still no answers on who is behind her disappearance.

Search for missing Iowa TV anchor continues after 28 years​

• TV anchor Jodi Huisentruit disappeared in Iowa in 1995
  • Officials found signs of a struggle near her car
  • Police are still actively investigating her disappearance

Updated: JUN 29, 2023 / 10:28 PM CDT

The family of Jodi released a statement on Tuesday morning, marking 28 years since she went missing. The statement reads below. [..] at link:

Updated: June 27, 2023 - 1:32 PM
That statement from Jodi's family tugs at one's heart strings: Hopefully, someone with information important to this case will be moved enough to finally provide information to law enforcement, and give Jodi and her family the justice they deserve.

I'm still not convinced in any one direction on Jodi's case. There is enough strange stuff involving JV that I think he could be the culprit here. But there isn't enough for me to go all out on him. I think the unknown culprit is still a good possibility here. If JV has dementia or Alzheimer's then I believe it is unlikely we'll hear anything directly from him if he is responsible for her disappearance.

Bumping for Jodi. Her case was one of the first I obsessed over and I think about her regularly. It’s a crime in and of itself that her disappearance hasn’t been solved and that we are no closer to knowing what happened to her than we were the day she was violently abducted from the parking lot of her apartment.

After reading ‘Dead Air’, I firmly believe she was kidnapped by either a person fixated on her or targeting women who looked like her in the area. Her abduction was planned but perhaps not targeted on her specifically. She deserves to be found and her murderer(s) need to be brought to justice. Women don’t vanish into thin air. She is out there, somewhere. Despite all the efforts of whomever harmed her, she is not forgotten. We remember you, Jodi, and we care.

Time may pass but that doesn’t mean all is lost. We’ll never stop fighting for you. You’re in our hearts, Jodi, and we will never stop searching for you.

Bumping for Jodi. Her case was one of the first I obsessed over and I think about her regularly. It’s a crime in and of itself that her disappearance hasn’t been solved and that we are no closer to knowing what happened to her than we were the day she was violently abducted from the parking lot of her apartment.

After reading ‘Dead Air’, I firmly believe she was kidnapped by either a person fixated on her or targeting women who looked like her in the area. Her abduction was planned but perhaps not targeted on her specifically. She deserves to be found and her murderer(s) need to be brought to justice. Women don’t vanish into thin air. She is out there, somewhere. Despite all the efforts of whomever harmed her, she is not forgotten. We remember you, Jodi, and we care.

Time may pass but that doesn’t mean all is lost. We’ll never stop fighting for you. You’re in our hearts, Jodi, and we will never stop searching for you.
This was the first case I followed too. I lived in Iowa at the time and it was on the news every day for months after it happened. I would have never thought then that she still wouldn't have been found this many years later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back