ID ID/CA - Joseph Edward Duncan III *Died Mar 2021*

One of the state's most notorious killers is back in Boise for a court hearing.
Joseph Edward Duncan III is in solitary confinement at the Ada County Jail, where he arrived Thursday about noon. U.S. marshals transported him on a private plane from a federal prison in the Seattle area.
Duncan, 49, is on federal death row for the kidnapping, rape and murder of a northern Idaho boy. At issue is whether the five-time convicted killer was competent when he waived his right to appeal his death sentences, which a federal jury imposed in August 2008 after a three-week trial in Boise.

Hope the court gets this right. Duncan knows exactly what he is doing now and then.

Duncan had eye on Spokane child

Before Joseph Duncan murdered a 9-year-old North Idaho boy in 2005, he set his sights on a Spokane child, posing as a prospective renter and touring a South Hill duplex with the boy’s mother while ogling the child.

But the boy’s mother grew suspicious and the serial killer nonchalantly ignored her stares and calmly moved on.

The horrifying scenario from eight years ago emerged in federal court in Boise on Tuesday, where a judge is trying to determine if Duncan was mentally competent in 2008 when he waived all appeals of his triple death sentence.

[snip]

Federal prosecutors argued that Duncan has been consistently ruled mentally competent by every court that’s considered the issue, including a Riverside County, Calif., court that held a full competency hearing in open court before a jury ruled Duncan competent. He’s clearly made rational decisions as he participated in the court process throughout his case, prosecutors said, regardless of whether he’s mentally ill. That’s the standard that must be met.

More: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/jan/09/duncan-had-eye-on-spokane-child/

Psychologist: Convicted Idaho killer was competent

A forensic psychologist who examined convicted murderer Joseph Duncan four years ago said Duncan scored high on a test measuring paranoia, but was still legally competent to serve as his own attorney when he waived his right to appeal his death sentence.

[snip]

Engle said he interviewed Duncan three times, administered several tests and asked Duncan about his past as part of his examination. The results showed Duncan was intelligent, that he didn't appear to be faking his test results, and that he wasn't delusional.

"He is not suffering from a mental defect or disease sufficient to impair his ability to choose to represent himself," Engle said on Wednesday.

[snip]

Duncan scored remarkably high on tests designed to measure whether he had symptoms of paranoia, schizophrenia and psychopathic deviancy, Engle said. The scores were so high, in fact, that Engle said he would have expected a person with those test results to be obviously delusional to anyone who encountered him.

[snip]

Duncan received a perfect score on one test that is specifically designed to measure a subject's legal competency, he said. It is possible for someone to have schizophrenia, paranoia or other mental illnesses and still be competent to represent themself in court, Engle said.

More: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/01/09/2350671/psychologist-convicted-killer.html

I am so sick of seeing this in the news! He is disgusting pig and I wish he'd do us all a favor and off himself. Hopefully, this psychologist's finding will be the end of him. I am still very horrified by this case and remember when it came on the news when they two children were still missing.

Federal prosecutors are opposing an attempt by serial killer Joseph Duncan's attorneys to question his previous lawyers behind closed doors.
In a response filed late Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Boise, the U.S. Attorney's Office said no reason exists to close the courtroom that overrides the need for an open judicial process. U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge ruled in their favor Thursday morning, rejecting the defense's request.

At least this is good news.

Do you think he might be responsible for these? it took me hours to look up murders he could be responsible for and I think these could fit, especially as the second matches his modus operandi.

Vanessa Wind, 15, disappeared from Winton, CA on May 31st 1997. On May 20th, Duncan was in northern California. On June 3rd he was in San Francisco, a two-hour drive from Winton.

Jeffrey Klungness, 14, was abducted from his home in Bonney Lake, WA, near Seattle on March 2nd 1996. His mother was murdered by blows to the head. At the time Duncan was living in Seattle.

Richard Haynes, 11, vanished from Kittitas, WA, very close to Seattle, on September 12th 2004. Interestingly, Duncan’s only blog spot that month was on that date, saying he was at home. Maybe he was giving himself an alibi?

Crystal Steward, 11, vanished in Burlington, IA, on May 8th 2001. I am unable to find much information on her. https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/crystal-steward/

I also read somewhere that a blog suggested he could have taken Justin Harris in Wyoming.

I stumbled across JEDs website last night. I find it an interesting read on the human mind/psyche. Some of us are perpetual victims(yes, he see himself as a victim) he justifies everything and is a liar and manipulator. http://5nchronicles.blogspot.com/

Unbelievable! It's an interesting look into life on death row and I hope the FBI is tracking his "friends" who are sending him money and posting this stuff online for him. Warning, I found myself getting furious and yelling at the computer. I also found myself having great sympathy for the people who have to deal with this trash.

This poor girl. She has tattoos on her face, a face piercing and an addiction problem. She needs to be watched over for the rest of her life, I imagine.

The convicted killer who brutalized a Coeur d’Alene area family in 2005 just got a fresh seat back on death row.

U.S. District Court Judge Edward Lodge ruled against Joseph E. Duncan III on Friday on a 12-argument appeal by the killer, who initially pleaded guilty to all state and federal charges. In 2008, a jury sentenced Duncan to three death penalties that attorneys later challenged.

Except for one pending legal matter, Lodge found against Duncan in all arguments and affirmed two of three death penalties against him.

Convicted killer Joseph Duncan loses appeal to escape death sentences

Serial Killers - Joseph E Duncan III ( Full Documentary)

Jul 6, 2014

id_groene-shasta.IMG_07-04-2005_GB4UM4B_t400.jpg

50069535_126930324923.jpg

( right, Sammiejo White, 11, and her sister, Carmen Cubias, 9 )

joseph-boy.jpg

(Anthony Michael Martinez, 10)

e99166f229fd698b0f9ab7a60160459d.jpg

(Brenda Groene, Mark McKenzie)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members