ID ID/CA - Joseph Edward Duncan III *Died Mar 2021*

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand I think that he is the absolute scum of the Earth and tax money is wasted on him. On the other, I would prefer it if he revealed who else he killed.

I do as well, though I feel youd be hard pressed to get anything out of that animal , unless its a deathbed confession.

He represents a criminal sub type so insidious they had to create a new classification for them.

He needs to go, and I wouldn't be sad if he suffered before

Any news on Shasta?

Wish i could tell you her story has a happy ending

She had an arduous battle with depression and bi-polar disorder, as could be imagined, however, her worst battle was with methamphetamine use, beginning around age 14, and due to such shes been in and out of trouble with the law.

In April of 2018 she plead guilty to 2 misdemeanor counts of injury to a child, for leaving methamphetamine, within reach of her 1 month old baby, sentenced to probation on that charge, she violated that probation just a month later.

However after being sentenced to 180 days, the judge suspended the sentence allowing her to finish the probation and have the violation charge dismissed.

In February of 2019 Shasta and her 2 children were reported missing after last being seen in a Walmart only later to be found safe.

Her biological father died in December of 2019.

Joseph Duncan took not only Dylan's life but his sister Shasta's life. I can only imagine what haunts Shasta from what she witnessed and endured at the hands of Joseph Duncan after witnessing family members being murdered and her brother being heinously tortured. I choose not to judge her nor her struggles..I pray she heals to some degree to have a wonderful life and hope she overcomes the events that sadly seem to define her and her life. As far as Joseph Duncan, God will make that judgment! I have to admit, I was happy to see that Joseph Duncan died. As far as Shasta, God Bless Her and Please Heal Her.

I have a lot of issues with the death penalty - but, this monster was a poster boy for it.
I can only hope Duncan's death may give the victim's families some peace. The crimes he committed, the horror and fear he brought are the very definition of an evil monster.

Reading what he did to the Groene family made me physically ill - I try hard to show some understanding for the criminals here on WS. Not sympathy, but an intellectual process of why crimes are committed. But, for this guy, I have nothing except contempt and disgust - his crimes, his arrogance and his cruelty overwhelm me - he was the Boogie Man. An evil monster if ever there was one.

Continued prayers and thoughts for the victims and their loved ones.

"Mysoped" is a term reserved for only the most vile sadistic child murderers, very few offenders have ever been bestowed the title, (Dodd, Fish etc..)

Duncan was a glaring example of what happens, when a sadist begins to erotocize the painful death of their victims.

In order to attain sexual arousal and or gratification, the mysoped needs to witness their victim die in a slow agonizing manner.

This is usually preceded by prolonged periods of torture to their victims.

They are of the highest likelihood to abduct victims, and once taken, very few will survive an encounter with this type offender, and as demonstrated in this example, they are certainly capable of murdering adults as well .

Sadistic pedophiles are the most rare of the true preferential type offender,and the classification above thankfully even more so.

I refer to my earlier statement that I would have preferred it if he had revealed whom he has killed. I still believe that he murdered Russell Turcote and Justin Harris, but the problem is that without any concrete evidence (or Justin's body) we cannot prove it either way now that Duncan is dead. The fact that serial killers might reveal who else they killed is the only reason I have for wanting to keep them alive.

I refer to my earlier statement that I would have preferred it if he had revealed whom he has killed. I still believe that he murdered Russell Turcote and Justin Harris, but the problem is that without any concrete evidence (or Justin's body) we cannot prove it either way now that Duncan is dead. The fact that serial killers might reveal who else they killed is the only reason I have for wanting to keep them alive.

Unless theres ever a benefit to them, they usually wont.

The ONLY way we learned about Sam Little's victims was to give him what he wanted, some scoffed at it others felt it at least gave closure to the families with the victims families

Im not a politician, not that id ever want to be, I know too many of them.

But the only way I could ever see it work, (and this is basically a dream) every state would be forced to have the death penalty, this levels the table, and once it was imposed a clear defined timeline would be given to the condemned as to when he will be executed.

The only way to get that sentence commuted to life, would be to offer full disclosure of all crimes, and victims. This offer would also extend to fellow death row inmates, if they have information on another condemned inmate that can be substantiated.

Information on all crimes will be revealed to LE, including time place, how and why, and if possible their remains, regardless of each states legislature regarding its use of capital punishment.

If by any chance other non -disclosed victims are discovered following and linked (via DNA etc..) the Life sentence , then gets commuted to death once again, and all appeals from that point forth are now mute. If the inmate is found to be lying just to get off death row, then the death sentence will remain in place .

SO many times we hear "Yeah but thats a death penalty state" from life inmates,

This would give offenders a motive to disclose everything , or to disclose MORE, so basically youre sentenced to die, if you want us to commute it to life you reveal everything regardless of state , if youre lying, the deal is off, if you say theres no more and there is even if you've already been commuted to life, you go back to death row.

I get the whole double jeopardy thing, but that would be the only way I cn think of to ever get a death row inmate to confess to MORE.

People like Duncan took pleasure in seeing anguish, hes not going to reveal more if it doesn't benefit them in some way

This is hands down one of the most horrifying cases I ever followed as many years as a crime hag. I have no doubt there are other victims of his, undiscovered. He was a monster.

I hope Shasta can find some peace in her life.

all moo

IMHO, one thing that made Duncan such a dangerous killer was his intelligence. I would guess that his I.Q. was more than a few points above average.

Ive never seen anything published concerning his IQ, but they are usually average to slightly above .

What made him dangerous was his Antisocial (sociopathic) and Psychopathic personality traits, coupled with an insatiable drive to continue to keep doing so.

Even moreso the repeated failures of the system to see the emerging pattern and put him in a place where he could do no harm to the public,

Look at his history.

His first criminal acts started at age 15 when he raped a 9 yo boy at gunpoint.

A few months later after being released from a boys ranch on the first charge he stole firearms from a neighbor, then , abducted and sodomized a 14 yo boy at gunpoint. That netted him a 20 year sentence, that's 2 rapes within 2 years with stolen firearms.

After serving 14 years of the second rape, he was paroled, under the condition he was to have no contact with minors .

After fleeing a halfway house he violated yet again 2 years later being arrested for illegal possession of a firearm and marijuana. Note again the need to have firearms. This netted him one month in jail, before being paroled again, its during this time on parole its believed he committed his first murder.

He then only a few months after that violated his parole again when he stole his girlfriends car drove for hundreds of miles in it before going to his half sisters house in Kansas city.

3 years later (2000) he was out again for good behavior.

In 2004 he attempts to molest 2 boys is successful in doing so to one, at a playground, hes arrested and charged with that crime in 2005, however a friend of his helps him post his bond of 15K, he was released from custody in April 2005.

He would then skip bail, rent a car he would steal tags for and bought night vision goggles, and a camcorder, before setting off , while a federal warrant was issued for him for failure to appear.

Note this is less than a month BEFORE he killed 5 of the 6 members of the Groene family.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back