ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG how horrific and thankfully you got away!!! I hope after such a long ordeal, it ended up in a conviction!

Thank you for sharing your story and it clearly illustrates that LE can't tell the public everything and sometimes they need the body unfortunately for whatever reason.:blowkiss:
Thank you! He will never see the outside of prison, and the other victim was finally laid to rest.

Okay, take this how you want to, because I'm not verified. I'd like to protect my own privacy.

I am close to a case here. It was an abduction and murder. Sadly, I was able to escape but the next victim was not. :( LE did not know where the victim's body was located, so the case took years to prosecute. HOWEVER, because of witnesses who saw the attempt with me, LE was able to find out who the suspect was relatively quickly. In public, they never let on that they knew who did this, and myself and others kept our mouths shut outside of LE and FBI offices. The case took years to prosecute because LE wanted her body.

I'm just giving this example, because in that situation, I feel like people said the same things... That LE didn't know what happened, etc. They did, but they wanted justice! They weren't going to lay their cards out for everyone so that monster could walk.

You are so right! Thank you for sharing. It must have been so difficult for you, waiting for years for them to prosecute...

OMG how horrific and thankfully you got away!!! I hope after such a long ordeal, it ended up in a conviction!

Thank you for sharing your story and it clearly illustrates that LE can't tell the public everything and sometimes they need the body unfortunately for whatever reason.:blowkiss:
You know, I think that case could have been prosecuted without her body* because there were other victims who could speak to his actions, along with witnesses. I think for Deorr, it's more important to have his body. As far as we know, there isn't anyone else to speak on his behalf. :(

I really hope they find him.

*it was most important for her family.

Okay, take this how you want to, because I'm not verified. I'd like to protect my own privacy.

I am close to a case here. It was an abduction and murder. Sadly, I was able to escape but the next victim was not. :( LE did not know where the victim's body was located, so the case took years to prosecute. HOWEVER, because of witnesses who saw the attempt with me, LE was able to find out who the suspect was relatively quickly. In public, they never let on that they knew who did this, and myself and others kept our mouths shut outside of LE and FBI offices. The case took years to prosecute because LE wanted her body.

I'm just giving this example, because in that situation, I feel like people said the same things... That LE didn't know what happened, etc. They did, but they wanted justice! They weren't going to lay their cards out for everyone so that monster could walk.

Thank you for sharing, Dateline. I admire your courage and you going the distance to help make sure he couldn't hurt anyone else. It's not "sadly" you got away! You getting away was an integral part to putting him away. [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, everyone! I don't want to take up too much space quoting... Hugs to all! I'm thankful to be here and advocate for others.

I'm so glad you got away, and I'm glad you were able to help get a monster put behind bars. Thank you for sharing your story.

I am glad you survived & I am hope you have some peace knowing the justice system was successful in prosecuting. You make an excellent point that I am guilty of missing. This isn't a TV show, real life takes time. Bless the patience of the people who are in the position of working on these cases. It would drive me off the edge to KNOW something happened and not yet be able to PROVE it to a legal standard.
I'm sorry that you had such a traumato give you the voice of advocacy that you have, but I'm sure many are grateful for your insight & shared experience.

I am glad you survived & I am hope you have some peace knowing the justice system was successful in prosecuting. You make an excellent point that I am guilty of missing. This isn't a TV show, real life takes time. Bless the patience of the people who are in the position of working on these cases. It would drive me off the edge to KNOW something happened and not yet be able to PROVE it to a legal standard.
I'm sorry that you had such a traumato give you the voice of advocacy that you have, but I'm sure many are grateful for your insight & shared experience.
Yes, LE has so much patience! They are often very careful and calculating. As some posters have mentioned, I'm not sure how they sit down with some of these "people" and restrain themselves from literally shaking the truth from them! It must take an incredible amount of self control. Particularly when a child is involved. My hat is off to them. I think SB is doing a wonderful job! If he doesn't tell us another thing, I support him. Whatever he needs to do to get justice for Deorr, is good with me!

And thank you for your kind words!

BBM

Thank you so much for having the courage to go through this and also write about it. Your post should be required reading for anyone who can't understand why LE doesn't give out information or make arrests on our timetable. Similar to what we've experienced with the case in my signature...no body, suspect named in this case but no arrest, no recent updates. I have faith that it will happen eventually. I'm so glad your case got a good resolution, thanks to the restraint of LE and the courage of people like you.

I think the story about them leaving him with GGPA is all part of the great myth... moo
Possibly but then why is IR lying for them? He says they all three went down by the creek according to SB and he also seen DeOrr after the store trip. So either IR is lying also or that's really how DeOrr went missing.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

BBM

Thank you so much for having the courage to go through this and also write about it. Your post should be required reading for anyone who can't understand why LE doesn't give out information or make arrests on our timetable. Same thing we've experienced with the case in my signature...no body, suspect named, no arrest, no recent updates. I have faith that it will happen eventually. I'm so glad your case got a good resolution, thanks to the restraint of LE and the courage of people like you.
I'm glad I can be helpful! I think people don't realize that there may be somewhat direct witnesses in this case. In my situation, as I told my story, I didn't know for maybe a year, that there were witnesses to what happened. LE wanted to protect the integrity of the investigation. They didn't want me to go and talk to those witnesses. They knew I would want to thank them, etc. But if it came up in trial that we had talked, that could have been a problem.

I truly have no idea what they know about Deorr. But I'm quite sure they have substantial reasons to name the parents as suspects. They want justice for Deorr. They are going to take it slowly and carefully in order to have a solid case.

Possibly but then why is IR lying for them? He says they all three went down by the creek according to SB and he also seen DeOrr after the store trip. So either IR is lying also or that's really how DeOrr went missing.

Or he's sticking to the narrative that the parents gave, publicly. We have no idea what he might be telling LE, privately.

Possibly but then why is IR lying for them? He says they all three went down by the creek according to SB. So either IR is lying also or that's really how DeOrr went missing.

I don't remember IR saying that. Do you have a link?

It is definitely not in the two interviews that he gave.

In the first one back in July he seemed to indicate that he was with GGP when Deorr wandered away. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12310681#post12310681

In the recent interview he basically said "no comment". http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/isaac-reinwand-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-deorrs-disappearance/

STEPHAN ROCKEFELLER, EastIdahoNews.com Producer: Where were you when you first heard someone was missing? What were you doing and what was going through your mind?

EATON: Were you fishing? Were you downstream when you heard?

REINWAND: I’m not supposed to disclose any information. I’ve been asked not to.

EATON: I guess that will all come out in court?

REINWAND:Exactly.

:seeya: Heads up! New thread coming. I'll be back in a little while with the link.

Excellent Q & A thread linked below on Cadaver Dogs, etc.

Re: how soon after death can dogs detect ?

Post #38
10-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Question: How long does a body need to be dead before the dogs would pick up on the scent? <snipped>

Sarx:
The dogs have the ability to smell it at the moment of death, I've watched house pets be able to tell as someone passed.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...questions-and-answers-**NO-DISCUSSION**/page3

Post #46 (Page 4) is also informative re: "Transfer" scent and buried scent (See link for specifics)

and

Post #52 (Page 4) - re: hits on any person(s) who may have handled the deceased
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...questions-and-answers-**NO-DISCUSSION**/page4

~~~
Main Thread - Human Remains (Cadaver) Detection (HRD) Q & A's
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...)-dog-questions-and-answers-**NO-DISCUSSION**

Thank you for posting this information!!
My untrained {just a lover of food} English lab can sniff out a dropped cheez~it across our backyard. I honestly believe AT LEAST 1 out of the 18 dogs brought up there would have found him IF he was in the area they were searching.
JMO

I wonder what JM et al. are doing day to day? I'm sure they are being monitored to some degree, but I can't imagine being a co-worker or neighbor. Thank god I don't live closer to her, I can see myself developing an unhealthy level of interest in their comings & goings. I think I would have to distance myself from the whole thing.

I don't remember IR saying that. Do you have a link?

It is definitely not in the two interviews that he gave.

In the first one back in July he seemed to indicate that he was with GGP when Deorr wandered away. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12310681#post12310681

In the recent interview he basically said "no comment". http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/isaac-reinwand-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-deorrs-disappearance/

STEPHAN ROCKEFELLER, EastIdahoNews.com Producer: Where were you when you first heard someone was missing? What were you doing and what was going through your mind?

EATON: Were you fishing? Were you downstream when you heard?

REINWAND: I’m not supposed to disclose any information. I’ve been asked not to.

EATON: I guess that will all come out in court?

REINWAND:Exactly.

TG asks:One of our questions has to do with when was Deorr last seen by Isaac. Isaac was one of the friends at the campground. Is there any way to determine when Isaac last saw Deorr?

SB answers: Well, you know he’s probably been the most consistent of all the witnesses on his interviews that have been more consistent than anybody else. Then he claims that they came back shortly around 1:00 or shortly thereafter and that was the last time that he saw him.

And then.....

Bessie asked: Id like to go back to the friend, Isaac Reinwand, and, if you can just tell us, you said that he said about 1:00 p.m. was the last time he saw them and that would include Deorr—little Deorr? Has he said that he saw Deorr alive and well about 1:00 p.m.?

SB answers: The mother said that they got back at 1:10 p.m. Isaac doesn’t dispute that. He’s not watching a clock or a watch or anything of that sort, but he concurs that it was around that time period. They got back shortly after 1:00 p.m. The parents decide to go down to the creek to go fishing. Deorr remains behind. He’s not real privy to what the conversation was between grandpa and the parents, but he knows that just the three of them go down to the creek—Mom, Dad & Isaac.

It's all right here on WS word for word that nobody is twisting. It's seriously what was actually said.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286501

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members