ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the parents are covering an accidental death or negligence involved in Deorr's disappearance, they should have stuck with their original story--that Deorr wandered off and got lost in the wilderness. GGPA could 'blame' the parents, as he thought Deorr had gone after them, and the parents could 'blame' GGPA as they thought they left Deorr in his care. The whole situation could then be explained by poor communication, but nothing criminal. Just as with Noah Chamberlain, young children can and do disappear from the watchful eye of a caring and trusted adult.

When the parents switched their story to abduction I lost faith in their version of events. Had they claimed Deorr went missing from a park or a mall, well maybe he could have been randomly abducted by a predator, that might have been believable. But statistically, stranger abductions are rare. They make big headlines, so seem to be common threat, but actually account for very few child disappearances. The idea that Deorr was abducted by a stranger from a remote campsite (where there were few others around) with limited road access, from under the nose of his GGPA, while his parents were only a few 100 yards away and IR was also in the vicinity, seems very unlikely.

I wonder if the parents switched their story because they realized that Deorr's body might be found by searchers, and they had hidden it so far away from the campsite that it wouldn't have been possible for him to travel to the location himself by foot AND/OR that the body was buried, so it will be obvious that foul play was involved.

I think if the parents are covering an accidental death or negligence involved in Deorr's disappearance, they should have stuck with their original story--that Deorr wandered off and got lost in the wilderness. GGPA could 'blame' the parents, as he thought Deorr had gone after them, and the parents could 'blame' GGPA as they thought they left Deorr in his care. The whole situation could then be explained by poor communication, but nothing criminal. Just as with Noah Chamberlain, young children can and do disappear from the watchful eye of a caring and trusted adult.

When the parents switched their story to abduction I lost faith in their version of events. Had they claimed Deorr went missing from a park or a mall, well maybe he could have been randomly abducted by a predator, that might have been believable. But statistically, stranger abductions are rare. They make big headlines, so seem to be common threat, but actually account for very few child disappearances. The idea that Deorr was abducted by a stranger from a remote campsite (where there were few others around) with limited road access, from under the nose of his GGPA, while his parents were only a few 100 yards away and IR was also in the vicinity, seems very unlikely.

I wonder if the parents switched their story because they realized that Deorr's body might be found by searchers, and they had hidden it so far away from the campsite that it wouldn't have been possible for him to travel to the location himself by foot AND/OR that the body was buried, so it will be obvious that foul play was involved.

Well said! And EXACTLY my feelings.

Can anyone local comment on what it would be like to dig a hole there? Is the soil rocky and hard to dig or soft? Here in my part of Missouri I can't imagine being able to travel, find a good spot, and dig a hole in a reasonable amount of time due to the rocky clay soil we have. I use a rock pick to plant flowers (not something I imagine your typical family camper would have on hand).

Can anyone local comment on what it would be like to dig a hole there? Is the soil rocky and hard to dig or soft? Here in my part of Missouri I can't imagine being able to travel, find a good spot, and dig a hole in a reasonable amount of time due to the rocky clay soil we have. I use a rock pick to plant flowers (not something I imagine your typical family camper would have on hand).

Not a local but I live north of there, also in the Rocky Mountains. Assuming the conditions there are similar to here, some places would be very hard to dig, while other places wouldn't be too bad. I'm fairly confident that if I had a shovel I could bury something the size of a two year old in a short period of time.

It's funny that you mention you use a rock pick, something that not many campers would have. We know that an axe was taken in as evidence. An axe, whether it's the kind for chopping wood or it's pickaxe, would be very useful in breaking up rocks to make digging easier.

I love it when people are able to observe body language and read into what is being said on a deeper level. This is maybe your second post where you've made such observations about the latest interview. I absolutely don't doubt the inferences you've made, but what led you to them? TIA!

I don't have an expert opinion on any of this but to answer your question everything is what I'm taking in to consideration...the entire interview/s start to finish and comparing them all in an attempt to get to know the parents.
I'm observing everything including linguistics, body language, subject matter and the order and timing of everything they say and do as they respond and react to the the questions, the interviewer, the camera and to each other.

The parents have a handful of consistent and imo reliable “tells” between them.

The responses and exchanges at 2:16 – 2:40 in the shorter segment of the last interview is mainly what I was referencing. http://m.localnews8.com/news/parents-break-silence-deny-involvement-in-son-s-disappearance/38477096
The exclusive vs inclusive language response and exchange initiated by VDK stands out.
It begins with the question of a possible accident occurring.

I was also referring to JM's interactions at 7:45- 8:00 in the longer segment of the last interview.
http://m.localnews8.com/news/exclus...nded-interview-with-chelsea-brentzel/38478346.

"Dennis DeOrr Kunz's attorney released a document today detailing a lawsuit that was filed today. The attorney, Allen Browning, says in document that the case will seek damages for breach of contract and defamation."
http://m.localnews8.com/news/kunz-attorney-files-lawsuit-against-private-investigator/38328094

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I don't see anything that says an actual lawsuit was filed, just that they intended to file one. I read the article twice, but could have missed it.

I don't see anything that says an actual lawsuit was filed, just that they intended to file one. I read the article twice, but could have missed it.

Dennis DeOrr Kunz's attorney released a document today detailing a lawsuit that was filed today. The attorney, Allen Browning, says in document that the case will seek damages for breach of contract and defamation.

It says right there. That they released documents today for a lawsuit that was also filed that day. I quoted it.

I have no idea how I missed this. I thought there was only talk of filing one. Thanks.
It's easy to miss with all the editing and add on they do. Then Klein responded like one wasn't filed probably because he hadn't been served yet.

Yes! I'm looking forward to this. If it actually goes to trial, Klein will get to cross-examine them. I really don't see any benefit to the parents here.

It's easy to miss with all the editing and add on they do. Then Klein responded like one wasn't filed probably because he hadn't been served yet.

I read it twice and just ignored it because of Klein's statement :/ Geesh. I need to go to bed.

I don't have an expert opinion on any of this but to answer your question everything is what I'm taking in to consideration...the entire interview/s start to finish and comparing them all in an attempt to get to know the parents.
I'm observing everything including linguistics, body language, subject matter and the order and timing of everything they say and do as they respond and react to the the questions, the interviewer, the camera and to each other.

The parents have a handful of consistent and imo reliable “tells” between them.

The responses and exchanges at 2:16 – 2:40 in the shorter segment of the last interview is mainly what I was referencing. http://m.localnews8.com/news/parents-break-silence-deny-involvement-in-son-s-disappearance/38477096
The exclusive vs inclusive language response and exchange initiated by VDK stands out.
It begins with the question of a possible accident occurring.

I was also referring to JM's interactions at 7:45- 8:00 in the longer segment of the last interview.
http://m.localnews8.com/news/exclus...nded-interview-with-chelsea-brentzel/38478346.

What is exclusive and inclusive language?

Well said! And EXACTLY my feelings.

I think that really hurt their ruse as well. It made their behavior raise a massive red flag because they didn't do any of the things that people who believe their child was abducted do, such as try to get his name out in the media, allow a reward to be offered by someone willing to do so, or make sure his eye color was corrected when members of the public were begging them do to so.

They really should have stuck with a wandering story if they wanted any hope of the story going away. They would eventually be caught in their web of lies anyway once LE and FBI were tipped off by the nine failed poly's. But they might not have received quite as much negative attention to date, which seems to be the only thing that can rile an emotion in JM because it has to do with HER wellbeing. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Dennis DeOrr Kunz's attorney released a document today detailing a lawsuit that was filed today. The attorney, Allen Browning, says in document that the case will seek damages for breach of contract and defamation."
http://m.localnews8.com/news/kunz-attorney-files-lawsuit-against-private-investigator/38328094

Thanks! That article certainly says that a lawsuit was filed, however, if you open the document that goes with the article, it sounds more like Browning is saying he is going to, not that he has filed.

From page 3 of that document:
I am proud that I am being given the opportunity to set the record straight for Vernal DeOrr Kunz and Jessica Mitchell, and to let the public know that they will proceed with legal action against Mr. Klein for making defamatory statements about them.

I am also proud to state that I will be filing a breach of contract suit against Mr. Klein on behalf of his former client, Dennis DeOrr Kunz. Mr. Klein was not hired to abuse his family. Mr. Klein was never given permission to make any statements about his investigation to the general public. Mr. Klein was paid $20,000 to find DeOrr Jr. because that’s what Dennis wanted and that’s what Vernal wanted. Mr. Klein’s actions have been nothing short of destructive, and Dennis Kunz and his family want nothing further to do with Philip Klein.

It's a threat. Is there any evidence that he actually followed through with the lawsuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare