ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
More of the same article that is very telling...sounds like Lucas currently on another thread.
-------------------------------
Last month, during a five-day search of the area, a trained cadaver dog hit on five different targets, including a site about 3/4 of a mile from the Leodore campground.

"Investigators believe this site may have been a 'holding site' for some type of human body," according to the Klein report. No other evidence was found at the site.

Klein also says that it believes the timeline of events has been moved up to 5 p.m. the day before the*911 call was made.

http://idahonews.com/news/local/investigators-find-missing-jacket-toys-at-deorr-kunzs-old-apartment

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I've never really followed DeOrr's case very closely here, but have read quite a few articles and watched the 6 part Little Man Lost.

After having watched interviews with everyone that was at the campsite that day, the only one I can comfortably exclude is the friend of the grandpa. He does come off as rather odd, but I don't get any kind of "guilty" vibe from him. Grandpa himself seems rather shifty. Mom and dad both come off like liars.

moo

I've never really followed DeOrr's case very closely here, but have read quite a few articles and watched the 6 part Little Man Lost.

After having watched interviews with everyone that was at the campsite that day, the only one I can comfortably exclude is the friend of the grandpa. He does come off as rather odd, but I don't get any kind of "guilty" vibe from him. Grandpa himself seems rather shifty. Mom and dad both come off like liars.

moo
I would exclude grandpa and the friend. I feel like grandpa was too sickly to do anything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would exclude grandpa and the friend. I feel like grandpa was too sickly to do anything.

Too sickly even to try to move his truck (which he drove all the way up there) and accidentally back into a toddler running about?

I'm hoping for a deathbed confession; whether it was him or not he knows more than he's letting on.....

JMO
Some sort of accident in the day or days before the trip has always been one of my top theories. It just makes much more sense for that to have happened than what was trying to be portrayed to us in the first interview.

All one has to do is go back and watch that very first interview and it becomes rather easy to conclude that something was not right with what was being portrayed.

Think about it for a minute. You finally get your chance to do a media interview to have the public help find your child and for a good many minutes there is nothing stated that tells us what the boy was wearing or how we can know how to identify him when we spot a small child.

All we got was many minutes of thanking the searchers and misdirection of the interview. It was very sad that the person doing the interview did not take control of the interview but it was also good in a way because we got to see what the person wanted to say as what was most important to him. And it was nothing about how the public can help find the poor child.

Towards the middle and end we finally get a little bit of that but it was not right at the beginning which is where it should have been if someone really had a child go walking off and disappeared at the campground.

It was very telling and from that day on this case was different.

Thanks for clearing that up. I missed the bit about it being GGP's diaper. But I knew I had read about one
Trina has stated both...that she took a diaper hanging in a tree that was DeOrrs and put it in the trash that the church had and let law enforcement know. However, law enforcement has no clue of that diaper.

She also stated it was Bob's diaper.

So question is whose diaper was it really? Or is it a lie?

I can barely remember if any dogs searched for him at the campground.

I think they did have some dogs but not sure if they were cadever dogs or regular search dogs. From what i remember the dogs never found a good track except for some "hits" near the larger lake north of the campground and some around the campground area.

I think those "hits" could have just been from some things the parents brought along that the child also got near. Clothes toys and other things may have gotten hits by the dogs even if the child was not there. JMO

There were 2 tracking dogs the first day. They belonged to Sheriff Bowerman brought up by Deputy Penner (at that time). Three days later they brought in cadavar dogs and that's when the dogs hit on the resivior and they sent the dive teams in with sonar.

Sheriff Bowerman stated the dogs acted strange and had some hits but other dogs did not hit.

I hate this. I can't catch up. Like, not happening. 30,000 posts? BLAH.

I don't even feel like I can really form an opinion because I don't know the whole story. I guess I better just suck it up and try to get through what I can. I'm not even understanding half of what I'm reading here because I only got halfway through the first thread.

I don't even feel like I can really form an opinion because I don't know the whole story. I guess I better just suck it up and try to get through what I can. I'm not even understanding half of what I'm reading here because I only got halfway through the first thread.

Skip the 30,000... watch the videos at at KTVB.com... then ask us questions.

Good Luck, he needs all our help.

To be honest not much has happened evidence wise and we’ve not heard much from the police for ages. Deorr has just vanished. A lot of members here, along with both PIs that the Kunz family hired, believe the parents are hiding something.

If you have a few questions just ask, might be useful for us to go over some old ground!!

I definitely got the feeling from the first thread that the parents were responsible. I do not feel like he just "disappeared." I don't think he would have gotten very far, even if he did walk off. The creek, from what I saw, didn't look incredibly deep, and I feel like he was heavy enough to not get "swept away" in the true sense of the meaning. I don't know, maybe I'm off... but that's just the feel I got from the first thread that I read.

I hate that he hasn't been found. He's so dang cute and it's just not fair. I don't understand what would possess a parent to get rid of their child like garbage. That's absolutely ridiculous.

So I was probably the longest hold out on this case; I REALLY wanted to believe these parents. But, yeah, I quietly came off the fence eventually, although I admittedly still hold out hope for a mountain lion.

I passed through Leadore recently and even though I'm familiar enough with the area that it wasn't surprising, per se, but with this case in mind I was particularly struck by the sheer vastness of the wilderness in that part of Idaho. No cell service or seeing anyone else for miles at a time...

My theory (not at all original to me nor particularly well thought out) is he was killed by an event which was part accident and part negligence on the part of both parents. I'm guessing this maybe happened on the trip but prior to their arrival at the campground.

If it was only one of them, they would have turned on each other quickly--I agree with everyone saying that!

There were several items added to the site below since the six video episodes were originally posted... written statements by Vernal and Jessica, amongst other things:

http://www.littlemanlost.com

Some interesting details in those two narratives...

There were several items added to the site below since the six video episodes were originally posted... written statements by Vernal and Jessica, amongst other things:

I can't read it without my eyes going funny*. Anything especially interesting in the two statements?

( * you know you need glasses when your arms aren't long enough.... )

I can't read it without my eyes going funny*. Anything especially interesting in the two statements?

( * you know you need glasses when your arms aren't long enough.... )

It's like reading not one, but two new and different stories at times. Lots of details I hadn't seen before.

Give us a clue, renarde! What kind of details?

aaaargh I wish I could give all the details, but I'm at work ;-)

Basically, both narratives provide lots of new details about the days leading to July 10... and how both vehicles overheated on the way up, how they switched the RV from one vehicle to another... and what Grandpa Bob did and said... lots of candy... the dog's behavior... the dog is named several times, but I don't think DeOrr ever is (he's just "my son," or "Lil Man")... minnows... the trip into town... how when JM and VK drove back up to the campsite from their trip into town for candy and tampons, it sounded like Grandpa and Isaac were also driving back in to the campsite from... somewhere?

It's definitely worth finding your reading glasses... and some meds for the headache you will get after reading Vernal's rambling narrative.

www.littlemanlost.com

Read Vernal and Jessica's narratives there (they are slideshows).

I can’t find them, all I see is the six episodes of the videos. :sheesh:

ETA: I just found them! :)

Jeez that hurt my brain. Interesting that jessicas statement is so long, and the writing all over the place, where vernals is just a short scribbled mess.

aaaargh I wish I could give all the details, but I'm at work ;-)

Basically, both narratives provide lots of new details about the days leading to July 10... and how both vehicles overheated on the way up, how they switched the RV from one vehicle to another... and what Grandpa Bob did and said... lots of candy... the dog's behavior... the dog is named several times, but I don't think DeOrr ever is (he's just "my son," or "Lil Man")... minnows... the trip into town... how when JM and VK drove back up to the campsite from their trip into town for candy and tampons, it sounded like Grandpa and Isaac were also driving back in to the campsite from... somewhere?

It's definitely worth finding your reading glasses... and some meds for the headache you will get after reading Vernal's rambling narrative.

www.littlemanlost.com

Read Vernal and Jessica's narratives there (they are slideshows).

Jessica's written statement specified that Grandpa Bob told them to try to get back from town by 1:00 p.m.; Vernal's written statement specified that Grandpa Bob told them to try to get back from town by 11:00 a.m.

Dog (Missy) was tied up at the campsite during breakfast because she was trying to bite Issac.

When Jessica, Vernal and DeOrr returned from town, Gramps and Issac were pulling into camp after a trip to the reservoir (according to Vernal's written statement).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther