ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My knowledge is based entirely on TV shows, but I thought people who drowned had water in their lungs. If they're already dead, their lungs don't fill with water as they do if you die by drowning.

If the person was intentionally drowned, however, they would have water in their lungs. I guess the coroner would have to check for various things (bodily signs of a struggle and so on) to make a determination if it was an accidental drowning or a homicide by drowning. If the person couldn't swim and was just tossed in (rather then being held down while they struggle) and drowned, I am not sure how a coroner could tell if it was an accident. (I am not suggesting that Deorr's parents drowned him)

I changed the link to an MSM one, I wasn't sure if the other was allowed, a little too late though, lol. :wave:

And here's another one I found, Susie Lane was kidnapped from a Montana campground by serial killer David Meirhofer, this was back in 1973.

These cases are so tragic, every parent's nightmare. :( http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/beyond-prisons/the-night-i-forgave-my-daughters-killer

I have forgiven many things in my life but this I don't think I could do and I'd never want to find out

If the person was intentionally drowned, however, they would have water in their lungs. I guess the coroner would have to check for various things (bodily signs of a struggle and so on) to make a determination if it was an accidental drowning or a homicide by drowning. If the person couldn't swim and was just tossed in (rather then being held down while they struggle) and drowned, I am not sure how a coroner could tell if it was an accident. (I am not suggesting that Deorr's parents drowned him)

If they're found before they have disintegrated to only bones

My knowledge is based entirely on TV shows, but I thought people who drowned had water in their lungs. If they're already dead, their lungs don't fill with water as they do if you die by drowning.

If they're in the water long enough, their lungs would absorb some water even if they died out of the water.

For some reason, I read the question as being the difference between accidental drowning and someone forcing someone in the water/forced drowning (not sure the term). And I'm not sure how you'd tell if there weren't clear signs of a struggle.

If they're in the water long enough, their lungs would absorb some water even if they died out of the water.

For some reason, I read the question as being the difference between accidental drowning and someone forcing someone in the water/forced drowning (not sure the term). And I'm not sure how you'd tell if there weren't clear signs of a struggle.

Hmmmm..what DID I mean? Well, there's accidental drowning. Or you get thrown in the water (and drown), or you are hurt beyond help on land and then placed in the water (so maybe people think it was an accidental drowning). I just wonder if the cause of death can be determined.

I have a question about finding somebody in the water...How do you know for sure, the person stumbled in and drowned and it was not the cause of another person putting them in there? It's all so sad to even contemplate.
Sadly... We don't always know...

There are some WS cases of adult missing persons who were found in canals in the eastern states... And there is still some question of whether the LE claims of accident may really be cases of the person being pushed...

This is if there are no distinguishing marks on the body (nor other evidence) to prove otherwise...

All...JMO...

:(

Do you think the FBI will let the public know how things are going or will they just wait until there is proof of what happened? this is so sad

In my experience...

Once the FBI becomes involved... Most cases go even more silent than before...

But this is just my opinion...

And there may be cases that I am not aware of... Or have forgotten... where this is not the situation...

(and this is by no means a criticism of the FBI... Just an observation...)

All.. JMO

Speculating on the EMT bag that was brought up by a woman off camera in the parent's video interview --

Hypothetically, let's say a vehicle nearby was broken into sometime between the 911 call and BEFORE the time SAR arrived and an EMT bag was stolen... what are the possible scenarios that this could relate to little Deorr missing? And why would someone off screen think it should be brought up but the parents chose not to address it?

Also, we know that JM made the first call to 911 and Deorr Sr was hauling down the road to get service so his call wouldn't cut out. I'm wondering if he knew JM was going to call. I'm wondering if he told her not to call (because it might get cut off) and said that he would call. I'm just thinking that in a similar situation my instinct would be to call immediately and my husband's would be to keep looking. I wonder if DK returned to JM right away after the call or if he decided to look around further down the road near where he made the call.

I sure hope little Deorr is found soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sadly... We don't always know...

There are some WS cases of adult missing persons who were found in canals in the eastern states... And there is still some question of whether the LE claims of accidedent may really be cases of the person being pushed...

This is if there are no distinguishing marks on the body (nor other evidence) to prove otherwise...

All...JMO...

:(

This is a hard one. If this baby has been in the water over 3 weeks now, it would be hard to prove anything I think. Depends on temp of water, fish activity, bugs, etc. I feared this from the beginning I must say. That they would not find him in time to determine COD and if this wasn't an accident, the perps would get away with it. Just horrible.

I think the stolen EMT bag, if true, is interesting for a couple of reasons. My son used to be an EMT and he still carries a bag in his truck. He is very careful to hide it from view because he says the 'drugs' inside of it are very tempting to thieves.

So it makes me wonder if some druggie/thieves were out and about in the immediate area, looking for things to steal. It makes it seem more likely that lil DeOrr might have been abducted. JMO

Why would someone want to steal a EMT bag? What would the average thief want with a EMT bag? I am assuming there are basic emergency things in it. Also didn't they say they broke out the back window of a truck to get it? You would think they would try to get in by messing with the door locks and not smash out the back window. Seems to me that would make a loud noise. Seems odd to me.

I think the stolen EMT bag, if true, is interesting for a couple of reasons. My son used to be an EMT and he still carries a bag in his truck. He is very careful to hide it from view because he says the 'drugs' inside of it are very tempting to thieves.

So it makes me wonder if some druggie/thieves were out and about in the immediate area, looking for things to steal. It makes it seem more likely that lil DeOrr might have been abducted. JMO
So hypothetically then, if a crime of theft had been committed in the area an hour after your child disappears - would you talk about that tidbit of info on camera in hopes someone might know something about it that could lead you to your child? What would be the advantage of not discussing it and fearing things getting twisted?

Why would someone want to steal a EMT bag? What would the average thief want with a EMT bag? I am assuming there are basic emergency things in it. Also didn't they say they broke out the back window of a truck to get it? You would think they would try to get in by messing with the door locks and not smash out the back window. Seems to me that would make a loud

noise. Seems odd to me.

~~Where was it stated a truck window was broken? And do we know we really had an "EMT" bag and if so, it was stolen?

Who said they had an EMT bag?

Could it be there was an EMPTY bag in the truck?

Why would someone want to steal a EMT bag? What would the average thief want with a EMT bag? I am assuming there are basic emergency things in it. Also didn't they say they broke out the back window of a truck to get it? You would think they would try to get in by messing with the door locks and not smash out the back window. Seems to me that would make a loud noise. Seems odd to me.

I don't know the medical names of the drugs, but some EMT bags have various kinds of emergency drugs, that addicts like to steal. There are also things that can be sold , like inhalers, epi pens, aspirin, pain killers, bandages, etc.

Umm not sure if I can write this but the Grandma stated that on the news channel on KIFI FB page. I think there is a post about it also a couple pages back on here.

My scenario was hypothetical. "If" a vehicle was broken into and IF an EMT bag was stolen. We have been speculating on the meaning of an EMT bag for 6 threads.

I don't know the medical names of the drugs, but some EMT bags have various kinds of emergency drugs, that addicts like to steal. There are also things that can be sold , like inhalers, epi pens, aspirin, pain killers, bandages, etc.

So WHO is an EMT?

So hypothetically then, if a crime of theft had been committed in the area an hour after your child disappears - would you talk about that tidbit of info on camera in hopes someone might know something about it that could lead you to your child? What would be the advantage of not discussing it and fearing things getting twisted?

What if there was a fear that one of the group of them would be suspected of taking it, because of the potential 'drug' aspect? Maybe that is what is meant by fear of twisting things? Not talking about it might seem safer in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown