GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell *Arrests* #77

Is solitary for life an option?

No.

The worst sentence - that is not the death penalty - is Life Without Parole.

The Department of Corrections makes all the decisions relating to segregation and even they cannot do that without concrete reasons such as for protection of the inmate or protection of the general population from the inmate or for disciplinary reasons.

2 Cents

No.

The Department of Corrections makes all the decisions relating to segregation and even they cannot do that without concrete reasons such as for protection of the inmate or protection of the general population from the inmate or for disciplinary reasons.

2 Cents
Shame.

I doubt it because it's Lori, but I hope they'll find a way to play that call between her and Colby where Colby calls Chad Peter Griffin. That was truly "iconic."

Maybe the defense will play it because they'll either blame it all on Lori OR Lori and Alex. Maybe just Alex again.

No.

2 Cents
I do know that. My question was by way of a bad joke, for which I apologize, following on the idea of Daybell building a worshipful new following amongst fellow prisoners.

How is Judge Hippler connected with the case, if you know?
According to previous articles he is the administrative judge for the 4th judicial district.

Among administrative judge's duties:
(e) Making arrangements with proper authorities for the drawing of civil jury panels and determining which sessions of the district court shall be jury sessions;

Last edited:
Nate Eaton will talk to a different guests each day next week: the alternate juror who is writing a book on Lori's trial, Lori's Idaho co-attorney John Thomas (discussing the death penalty), another juror from Lori's trial, Nancy Grace and Vinnie Politan.

Also according to Nate, Chad's sister-in-law HD has been subpoenaed by his attorney, so she might be called to testify.

Last edited:
Nate Eaton will talk to a different guests each day next week: the alternate juror who is writing a book on Lori's trial, Lori's Idaho co-attorney John Thomas (discussing the death penalty), another juror from Lori's trial, Nancy Grace and Vinnie Politan.

Also according to Nate, Chad's sister-in-law HD has been subpoenaed by his attorney, so she might be called to testify.

Thanks for the notes!

I imagine CD wants JP to decimate HD for speaking out against him.

Thanks for the notes!

I imagine CD wants JP to decimate HD for speaking out against him.
I think the only benefit to the defense is if the defense intends to use HD testimony to show the cult-like fringe behaviors were bigger than Chad.

John D of Morman stories said he was invited to be an expert witness, and it seems to be the only thing he could say as an expert is that Chad's prophet/like behavior was bigger than Chad.

Expert witnesses can accept or deny the role. (But must be available for cross examination if they testify.) direct witnesses can be subpoenaed, and usually are compelled to testify. But the subpoena has to assert that the witness is relevant to the case or defense.

I don't think that as a culture we can ignore the ability for grifters and "profits" to flourish of any stripe if they do harm like, manipulate others into liquidation of retirement savings. But for this case trial- the prophet stuff is only a bit of method information. Chad is not facing DP for thinking he is translated. He is facing DP because he is accused of killing 3 people.

I listened to a great deal of HD content. She doesn't talk about the stuff related to the murders much because it's an open investigation/going to trial. She talks about the off topic for the trial stuff.

I get the impression she was aware that she should fear Alex long before the public knew that, and she expressed relief when he died. But- reading between the lines- I think she was afraid because she was told by LE to be afraid- not because she was directly witnessing much about the murders.

I could be wrong, but she may have only hink to testify about (which doesn't help Chad, but doesn't convict him either.) I can't imagine what she'd have to help him except her observations that his acting as a prophet is not unique to him. But so what? He's not on trial for that. He's on trial for murder- and it doesn't matter if he felt himself a prophet while doing the alleged acts.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back