GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell *Arrests* #77

Monday, April 1st:
*Jury Selection (Final voir dire) (@ 9am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24).
Trial set to begin on 4/1/24 with final jury selection. Trial will be held in Ada County.
Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Lindsey Blake & Rachel Smith & defense attorney John Prior.

Previous charges, Grand jury indictment & Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/21/24 reference post #557 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-77.686529/page-28

3/14/24 Update: Order: Authorizing Review of Questionnaire signed by Judge Stephen Boyce. Final jury selections now continues on 4/1/24.
3/28/24 Update: Judge Boyce has issued an Order [Non-Dissemination (gag) Order after John Prior did a TV interview [with KIVI TV, 3/26/24], It prohibits attorneys from making written or oral statements about the case until April 15 or after opening statements.
3/29/24 Update: Administrative Judge Steven Hippler says 2,500 potential jurors have been processed ahead of Daybell trial.
*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 50) – Fremont County: Trial started on 4/10/23 & ended 5/10/23. 5/12/23: Guilty of all charges. Sentenced (7/31/23) to 3 consecutive life without parole sentence. 8/31/23 Update: Jim Archibald, Vallow's attorney has filed a Notice of Appeal & a motion to appoint state appellate public defender. New appeal attorney Craig Durham.

The article contains excerpts from an interview with former NFL quarterback Scott Mitchell who knew Chad from high school.

"He was invisible," Mitchell said in an interview with the Deseret News.

Daybell and Mitchell would connect later in life
(in 2015) when Daybell edited Mitchell's autobiography. But growing up, Mitchell said the two weren't exactly friends. It wasn't until Mitchell found a photograph of the high school basketball team that he even remembered Daybell was the team manager. Mitchell said he could name everyone who he played basketball with, but he had just forgotten about Daybell.
But as Mitchell put it, "there were red flags that flew up."

Mitchell said Daybell had a strange relationship with his wife Tammy. "There was a weird dynamic between him and his wife," he said. "It was odd to me, in the dynamic, she never said a single word."

Though Mitchell and Daybell spent a considerable amount of time together, Mitchell said Daybell never mentioned having a near-death experience. Instead, he spoke a lot about what it was like to work at the cemetery.
Soon after the book was finished, Daybell came to Mitchell with a peculiar announcement. "He was in the middle of promoting my book and he just goes, 'Hey sir, I'm going to shut down my publishing company and I am moving to Idaho,'" Mitchell said.

Mitchell asked Daybell why he would move to Idaho. He didn't get the real answer, at least not then. While Mitchell would hear that Daybell claimed he received revelations to move to Idaho to prepare for the end times, he didn't tell Mitchell that.

"He was trying to hide all of that from me," Mitchell said.

According to legal analyst Greg Skordas who defended and prosecuted DP cases:

...everything will take longer in Daybell’s trial, including jury selection.

That is expected to last two weeks instead of the one it took to get a jury seated in Lori Vallow Daybell’s trial.
“You can’t have a juror who doesn’t believe in the death penalty.”
Skordas said that prosecutors will likely spend more time presenting their case than they did in Lori Vallow Daybell’s trial, and more thoroughly, as they aim for the death penalty, especially with Daybell facing the extra first-degree murder charge for Tammy Daybell.

According to a criminal defense attorney Sara Azari, defense in a DP case is typically looking for jurors with social science (as opposed to "hard" science) background and also people who have experienced trauma themselves.

No.

The worst sentence - that is not the death penalty - is Life Without Parole.

The Department of Corrections makes all the decisions relating to segregation and even they cannot do that without concrete reasons such as for protection of the inmate or protection of the general population from the inmate or for disciplinary reasons.

2 Cents
OTOH, if found guilty and receiving he Death Penalty, he may be on Death Row for 40 yrs before actually being executed. He may die in prison before being executed, considering his age.

Listening to him is like listening to nails on a chalk board imo. I may have to mute him. I'm also OK with no DP - I cannotse that it achieves anything as it takes so long and costs so much money, which would be better spent elsewhere.
Agreed Nikeenoo.

The article contains excerpts from an interview with former NFL quarterback Scott Mitchell who knew Chad from high school.

"He was invisible," Mitchell said in an interview with the Deseret News.

Daybell and Mitchell would connect later in life
(in 2015) when Daybell edited Mitchell's autobiography. But growing up, Mitchell said the two weren't exactly friends. It wasn't until Mitchell found a photograph of the high school basketball team that he even remembered Daybell was the team manager. Mitchell said he could name everyone who he played basketball with, but he had just forgotten about Daybell.
But as Mitchell put it, "there were red flags that flew up."

Mitchell said Daybell had a strange relationship with his wife Tammy. "There was a weird dynamic between him and his wife," he said. "It was odd to me, in the dynamic, she never said a single word."

Though Mitchell and Daybell spent a considerable amount of time together, Mitchell said Daybell never mentioned having a near-death experience. Instead, he spoke a lot about what it was like to work at the cemetery.
Soon after the book was finished, Daybell came to Mitchell with a peculiar announcement. "He was in the middle of promoting my book and he just goes, 'Hey sir, I'm going to shut down my publishing company and I am moving to Idaho,'" Mitchell said.

Mitchell asked Daybell why he would move to Idaho. He didn't get the real answer, at least not then. While Mitchell would hear that Daybell claimed he received revelations to move to Idaho to prepare for the end times, he didn't tell Mitchell that.

"He was trying to hide all of that from me," Mitchell said.
Why would one hire Chad to edit his book?? IMO, Chad’s skills are subpar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back