ID ID - Jason Cannon, 2, Boise, 16 March 1983

Hi Green Hornet! Thanks for posting. As far as I know, there has never been an age progression done of Jason Cannon. But I will keep looking in case there is one lost in internet space somewhere.

Jason Cannon has two moles on his neck, and possibly more on his back. Do you also? Do you have pictures of yourself from when you are YOUNGER than 2? A birth certificate? A reason to believe that your "parents" are not really your parents?

Hi Idaho!

I have seen a few baby picture of me. Not too many though.

I have moles on my neck. Got one on my arm and back too.

As for reason to believe, I've always felt like I didn't quite fit in with my family.. I always used to tell my wife when my mother and I fought, or my father and I dropped out of contact (regularly) that I felt adopted of some sorts.

I doubt anything is of note with any of this but that picture... If I can get my hands on pictures of me at that age, it's eerie.

Green Hornet...A few weeks ago, I posted a new thread in cold cases about Jason. Turns out, there were THREE 2-year-old boys that went missing in Idaho in a span of 4 years with two of the boys being close geographically. Come on over to cold cases and post there also, maybe we can get something moving.

Based on info posted in another thread, and the fact that Jason and the other boys were so young, let's not discount the possiblity that these boys were taken to be sold. Possibly adoption.

Based on info posted in another thread, and the fact that Jason and the other boys were so young, let's not discount the possiblity that these boys were taken to be sold. Possibly adoption.

Could there have been a black market adoption ring or something of the like? Is that the type of possibility you speak of?

ITA...I mentioned that in this thread before..

Ugh..so little information. Mr. Ed....do you have info on the newpapers of that time? I'm also wondering if there were any active "illegal adoption" agencies that were discovered in the 80's that we know of. Two would be a perfect age to kidnap, they would never remember who they really were, and the people that bought them would get a good idea on their "looks".
I've also been working on Morgan Nicks case and for instance, Morgan nick is the ONLY non family abduction in the state of Arkansas (as far as records go back) but yet we have THREE 2 yo little boys disappearing from Idaho in a 4 year period that are classified as abductions...something not right there...

I still think this is an excellent possibility, you either have a serial killer that is local per se, or the black market adoption. No bodies were ever found and all three are listed as stranger abductions, not lost, missing, or endangered. I wish we could find more LOCAL info regarding these boys since the Idaho archives in newspapers related to the towns these boys were from do not go back that far!

No clues on missing boy

MARCH 23, 1983

BOISE, Idaho (AP)

Excerpts:

"Police here say they have no clues to the whereabouts of a 2-1/2-year-old Boise boy missing for a week."

"His mother, Janeane Cannon, told police she left the boy alone in front of the family's north Boise home for a few minutes, and he was gone when she returned."

"Authorities searched Sand Creek, behind the boy's apartment, and found no trace of him."

From: http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AIBAJ&pg=2141,2580806&dq=jason+cannon+missing
(Sorry for the format. Not sure how to change it.)

November 1980 - 2 year old Curtis Fair missing from neighbors yard in Nampa, ID

August 1982 - 2 year old Richar Barnett missing from farm in Grangeville, ID

March 1983 - 2 year old Jason Cannon missing from front yard in north Boise (Garden City area)

Further away and in another state, but similar circumstances. Doubts about the story, but still classified as Non-Family Abduction, nontheless.

March 1991 - 2 year old Thomas Gibson missing from front yard in Glendale, OR

14 years after first abduction...but also very similar circumstances:

February 1997 - 2 year old Ruben Felix missing from front yard in Shoshone, ID

All 5 boys between 2 years 2 months and 2 years 9 months old. All 5 boys between 32-35 pounds.

I think that it is a possibility that they where taken by a black market adoption ring.

I did quite a bit of research for many years about blackmarket adoption rings because of my ex, he was adopted but there was alot of coverup over his records and Florida was never able to verify that his adoption was legal or find records because they where mysteriously destroyed in a fire.

Anyways, blackmarket rings did exist, for how long I am not sure. They where rampent from the 1940's and well into the 1960's. People would drive around looking for small children playing by themselves in their yards, pull up and throw them in the car. These people, and there where a few famous ones in the midwest area where these boys disapeared, felt in many cases that they where doing the children a service by taking them from poor families who where neglectful in their opionion by leaving their children unsupervised. They would then sell the children.

It is possible that this was still going on in the 80's.

This may seem like a weird questions, but is there any evidence in any of these cases( or similar ones) where the parents may have give the child up for adoption with an adoption ring like this on purpose? and then pretended they were kidnapped because it was less scandalous for tragedy to strike your family than to have given up kids?
It probably sounds farfetched, but the idea of leaving a 2 year old unattended outside also sounds far fetched to me.

There are a bunch of toddler abductions from the Northwest in the early eighties.

Christopher Abeyta - http://doenetwork.org/cases/153dmco.html

Kevin Ayotte - http://doenetwork.org/cases/156dmmn.html

Tyler Inman - http://doenetwork.org/cases/157dmwa.html

Megan Ginevicz - http://doenetwork.org/cases/178dfmt.html

Nyleen Marshall - http://doenetwork.org/cases/266dfmt.html

Wallace Guidroz - http://doenetwork.org/cases/279dmwa.html

I wonder if these could be added, but have doubts.

Robert Bowling - http://doenetwork.org/cases/91dmco.html (if he was indeed taken by a non-family member)

Robert Fritz - http://doenetwork.org/cases/101dmwi.html (he's old for it though)

I didn't add any from Canada in that area or California because my geography of those is not always that good. Northern California and western Canada cases could be added, though.

I looked on the major adoption reunion website and compaired with the 3 missing from Idaho in the 80's and I didnt find anyone with those exact b'days searching for their birth parents but I did find a few who's bdays where a couple weeks off. One of them was only a week different then Curtis Fair dob and he had blond hair/green eyes but didnt have much info to go by on his birth kind of weird.

Oh, and another coincendence? The adoptee guy put Boise as he place of birth, Nampa is right outside of Boise. Did some sleuthing and according to classmates he went to high school 2 1/2 hours away in Idaho. I84 runs through Nampa, The town this guy went to highschool I84 runs through. By the way his dob is exactly 1 week before to the exact day of the week of Curtis dob. Probably coincedence or is it.

Very interesting, Sleuthster. Can you post a link?

The birthday thing is very interesting, but probably a coincidence. If these kids were abducted at such a young age, they would not remember their birthday. And their abductor would not know it. The abductor and/or adoption agency would likely have "assigned" one that would have been close.

http://registry.adoption.com/records/422991.html

Your not going to believe this, there are atleast 4 sibblings, one of them a boy graduated in 1999 which would make him the right age for Jason Cannon

I also found a group photo of them all from christmas 2005 on one of their myspace. I dont know if I should post a link to that because this may not have anything to do with this but I would think that if the one is adopted the other one who is younger would be also.

http://www.intelius.com/search-summ...e&qmi=&qn=Mayes&qs=ID&trackit=74&focusfirst=1

I'm sure there are still black market adoption rings going on today! Big money in it, and greed has always been a great motivator.

It probably sounds farfetched, but the idea of leaving a 2 year old unattended outside also sounds far fetched to me.

WEll, as a previous poster who grew up in the area stated, boys were in a rural area in Idaho back in the 80's. That's not to farfetched to me. Particularly if they were farm people, country people.

No clues on missing boy

MARCH 23, 1983

BOISE, Idaho (AP)

Excerpts:

"Police here say they have no clues to the whereabouts of a 2-1/2-year-old Boise boy missing for a week."

"His mother, Janeane Cannon, told police she left the boy alone in front of the family's north Boise home for a few minutes, and he was gone when she returned."

"Authorities searched Sand Creek, behind the boy's apartment, and found no trace of him

Thanks so much for that article! One of the few that anyone can even find regarding jason's disappearance. I wish someone was on the board that knew this family!
I too, think it's no coincidence that they were all just snatched from yards and such and do concur that the black market rings did just that. Just remember, back then, there were no security cameras, no internet, no cell phones, no mass media coverage per se....it was still an ideal time to snatch little ones and not get caught.
The geographical location of the boys suggests either black market or a local serial killer who stopped after the last abduction. Did he die? is he in jail? Is there a way you can search for criminals that went to prison say up to 5 years after the last boy was snatched for sex crimes against children?

Oh, and another coincendence? The adoptee guy put Boise as he place of birth, Nampa is right outside of Boise. Did some sleuthing and according to classmates he went to high school 2 1/2 hours away in Idaho. I84 runs through Nampa, The town this guy went to highschool I84 runs through. By the way his dob is exactly 1 week before to the exact day of the week of Curtis dob. Probably coincedence or is it.

I sent this guy an email through myspace and he was nice enough to email back and let me know that he had found his birth mother 4 years ago and wishes us luck.

I'm still thinking along the lines of black market adoption for these 3 boys. Thinking about past cases of abduction in the US, usually the kids are a little older if it's a SO.

Sleuthster..you are phenomonal!! Great work, even with the newspaper article! It's somewhat amazing to me that per the article they had given up physically searching for Jason after only a week! Poor little boy...I still feel like there is something missing here also...we certainly can't be the only ones that ever thought "hey..3 little boys in 4 years?" the lack of press is hindering investigation..I'm assuming since they are listed as abducted they have r/o family, friends, etc...or with LE not searching anymore after ONE week, did anyone even give a D***??

I'm also intrigued with Idahos sleuthing about all the 2 year old boys also, particularly with the circumstances...and in all my checking, have never found anywhere thusfar in the US where 3 2 year olds have gone missing (abducted) in the same state, close geographically, in 4 years time...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back