• jason_keith_cannon_1.jpg
Jason, circa 1983

• Missing Since03/16/1983
  • Missing FromBoise, Idaho
  • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
  • Date of Birth05/07/1980 (38)
  • Age2 years old
  • Height and Weight3'0, 37 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA blue and yellow shirt, blue bib overalls and black sneakers.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Dark blond hair, brown eyes. Jason has a one-inch scar over his eye, two moles on his neck and possibly more on his back.
Details of Disappearance
Jason was last seen in on the front porch of his family's residence in Boise, Idaho at 2:00 p.m. on March 16, 1983. His mother was supervising him outside, but she went inside the house for a few minutes to get his jacket. When she came back outside, Jason had disappeared. He has never been heard from again and an extensive search of the area turned up no sign of him.

Authorities believe Jason was abducted by a non-family member. His case remains unsolved.

The boys disappearances in all of these cases seem very odd to me. They have to be connected....I do not know how we do not have more information on them.

I noticed that at least 2 of the boys have light hair and eyes. In the mid 80's my brother was almost abducted from a neighborhood. He was about 5 or 6 (light eyes and hair). We and the neighborhood kids were outside playing the one neighbor had a pool and pets and we always hung out there. I don't remember why we left the neighbor's house (lived right across the street) probably time to go home or something. My brother had a head-start and the rest of us were slowly leaving the house. A tan car pulled up to my brother and opened the door saying that our mom asked the guy to pick my brother up to take him to the circus - luckily .. my mom looked out the window to check on us AT THAT SAME MOMENT!, my brother said something like "you are lying! My mom is in the window right there!" by this time rest of neighborhood kids saw what was happening and started screaming at the guy he got scared and sped off. Cops were called report was filed, guy as far as I know was never caught. He had dark hair and mustache driving a tan toyota/honda something like that. With these other cases, has any neighbor seen anything weird or unusual? Maybe it is the same guy?

Came across this case these types of cases are always odd to me I’m not blaming his mother but why isn’t there more information? And i still haven’t found him on the national center for missing children website i just feel his family isn’t telling the whole truth i don’t think they killed him but i think they may know more and haven’t said anything. Also there no age progression of Jason why is this the case?

I always wonder how it is possible that his own mother left him just outside like that, knowing that in the United States there are many psychopaths on the loose and dangerous who will do anything to hurt...
poor baby I hope with all my heart that his death was not so violent...
rest in peace

Boise police last year solved the cold homicide case of 65-year-old Joyce Casperusing a new technique that involves genealogy. Detectives were able to compare DNA found at the crime scene with what was available on popular ancestry websites and build a family tree, according to previous Statesman reporting.

Boise Police Department Violent Crime Unit Det. Paul Jagosh, who was assigned to look into Jason’s case again in 2020, told the Idaho Statesman he plans to use the same investigative technique in this case.

Jagosh said he’s tracked down and re-interviewed several people from 1983, including Jason’s parents, who now live out of the state. Police are working with Jason’s parents to submit their DNA samples to GEDmatch, which houses DNA samples from several genealogy sites like Ancestry or 23andMe, so long as someone opts in.

“We’re going to investigate everything. … At the Boise Police Department, we don’t give up on these cases,” Jagosh said.

When Jason initially went missing, authorities thought he may have fallen into the canal near his home.

“A toy bucket, identified by two of Jason’s friends as belonging to the boy, was found west of Stilson Road near the Boise River, about a third of a mile away from his home,” a police spokesman at the search site told the Statesman in 1983.

But Jagosh said other factors, like the fact that Jason was afraid of water, that his older brother was headed home from school and that his mother had brownies in the oven, made him skeptical that Jason wandered off. Jagosh said Jason may still be alive, and police are currently investigating the case as an abduction.

“We’re trying to keep it alive, keep it in people’s minds,” Jagosh said, adding they’ve analyzed most of their leads, but any new details can help. “If you lived in that immediate area, and remember the case, reach out if you have any information at all — because even just the slightest lead could be a breakthrough.”

Apr 5, 2024
Jason Cannon was 3 years old when he disappeared. His mom said she grabbed him a jacket from the house, when she came back outside, he was gone.

Apr 5, 2024
Jason Cannon was 3 years old when he disappeared. His mom said she grabbed him a jacket from the house, when she came back outside, he was gone.
Great to see LE didn't give up in finding him! Hope genetic genealogy will be able to help

April 5th 2024
'BOISE, Idaho (CBS2) — The Boise Police Department is turning to advanced forensic techniques in a renewed effort to solve the mysterious disappearance of Jason Cannon, a case that has remained unsolved for over four decades.'

Boise police last year solved the cold homicide case of 65-year-old Joyce Casperusing a new technique that involves genealogy. Detectives were able to compare DNA found at the crime scene with what was available on popular ancestry websites and build a family tree, according to previous Statesman reporting.

Boise Police Department Violent Crime Unit Det. Paul Jagosh, who was assigned to look into Jason’s case again in 2020, told the Idaho Statesman he plans to use the same investigative technique in this case.

Jagosh said he’s tracked down and re-interviewed several people from 1983, including Jason’s parents, who now live out of the state. Police are working with Jason’s parents to submit their DNA samples to GEDmatch, which houses DNA samples from several genealogy sites like Ancestry or 23andMe, so long as someone opts in.

“We’re going to investigate everything. … At the Boise Police Department, we don’t give up on these cases,” Jagosh said.

When Jason initially went missing, authorities thought he may have fallen into the canal near his home.

“A toy bucket, identified by two of Jason’s friends as belonging to the boy, was found west of Stilson Road near the Boise River, about a third of a mile away from his home,” a police spokesman at the search site told the Statesman in 1983.

But Jagosh said other factors, like the fact that Jason was afraid of water, that his older brother was headed home from school and that his mother had brownies in the oven, made him skeptical that Jason wandered off. Jagosh said Jason may still be alive, and police are currently investigating the case as an abduction.

“We’re trying to keep it alive, keep it in people’s minds,” Jagosh said, adding they’ve analyzed most of their leads, but any new details can help. “If you lived in that immediate area, and remember the case, reach out if you have any information at all — because even just the slightest lead could be a breakthrough.”

This article says the bucket was definitely Jason's.

Meanwhile this article says the bucket was never conclusively linked to Jason. I suppose his friends identifying it could be said to be non- conclusive as they were obviously very little kids..or maybe this article means it was never conclusively linked to his disappearence, which is true, as it isn't proven it was proof of him wandering off. His mother is never confirmed to have said he had it with him on the porch or that it was even in the yard at the time he vanished.
April 5th 2024
'BOISE, Idaho (CBS2) — The Boise Police Department is turning to advanced forensic techniques in a renewed effort to solve the mysterious disappearance of Jason Cannon, a case that has remained unsolved for over four decades.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back