ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor, sweet boy. Just as we expected. I am just so glad Robert was found. Now he can get the justice he deserves. I hope he didn't experience too much pain, but I have a feeling that isn't the case. Bless all the missing and murdered children. I am so happy Boise LE are working so diligently on this case.

Press Conference Live From Boise Police Department, August 5, 2009, at 6 p.m., Fox 12

Mike Vogel ?? reporting
Expecting comments from Dep. Chief Jim Kerns

Positive ID made with dental records; however, cause of death not known.

The info they can release is in cooperation with ADA coroners office.
The body has been positively identified as Robert Manwill. Prelim results show death was NOT an accident and is being investigated as homicide by Boise PD.

No evidence he was abducted by stranger. They WILL find and hold accountable those responsible.

Focus: Is on Robert and to find answers on what happened to cut short his life.

As with any investigation, they will not hold daily news briefings.

Our justice system demand criminal investigations be thorough and methodical. Understand they cannot compromise legal procedures and this very important case with premature release of details.

Answers will be made available at approp. time. Citizens' support is appreciated. Local media has been keeping community informed, and that has been an important strategy. Will notify of any other major developments.

Justice will not be denied.

I think I caught what he said but let me know if it's not what you heard.

I cant help but to keep thinking about the remarks Ehrlicks father made about the family never being able to put things back together. Not sure that is exactly what he said, but still I cant help, but wonder if that is some sort of hint of something

And I'm adding to that hospital visits as of late...and I have "the drugs made me do it' rolling around in my head (as a defense)....JMO

No abduction BY A STRANGER. Seems pretty cut 'n dried that it was someone that knew Robert and was the last person(s) that were with him. I thought he said it was not an accident...I'll have to listen again.

WOW!!! Its a good thing I am not a betting person. I thought for sure an arrest has been made

They are just making sure they have all their i's dotted and t's crossed, so there is no chance the person(s) responsible will get off. I have faith the investigation will be swift and thourough.

Thank you for the updates everyone. I am so sad for Robert and for his true family and those that loved him. I pray that answers, and justice, come quickly. I am glad to hear, however, that they have evidence of a homicide. Of course I'm not glad that poor Robert was murdered, but I'm glad that they can hold accountable the one or ones who harmed him.

I hardly ever post but been following this from day one reading your posts constantly. I live in massachusetts and get more info forom you all then the media.
You all are awesome!
When I googled where little Robert was found between Deerflat and Stewart to Southdale that Five Mile Road led me right to the canal.
Just wondering.... So baffled as to why no one has been arrested.

God bless the Boise police department as they do their job. Investigating child murders must be the absolute worst.

I hardly ever post but been following this from day one reading your posts constantly. I live in massachusetts and get more info forom you all then the media.
You all are awesome!
When I googled where little Robert was found between Deerflat and Stewart to Southdale that Five Mile Road led me right to the canal.
Just wondering.... So baffled as to why no one has been arrested.

crossing the T's and dotting the I's

sounds like they want to make sure this person doesn't get off with a slap on the wrist this time!!!

{{{{{thank you for the narratives!!!!!!}}}}} *First - the link I posted would not work right - and then I could not get the sound to work right on the second one - had my laptop lifted up next to my ear (now *that was a sight).

Thank you for the clarification on the statement re" *Not a stranger abduction - I was not sure I heard it right......

I did hear the anger and determination in his voice - that was unmistakable. They are going to do this and do it right - and "perps" (and we know who *they are") "beware". {{{{{{{Hats off to Boise LE!}}}}}}}}

I'm thinking an arrest and soon!!!!!!!!

Dearest Little Robert!!!! I'm so sorry life here on earth was not what it could have been!!!! I know that now all those memories have been forgotten and you're experiencing nothing but love, peace and joy.......

Fly high little one!!!!! Whenever I see a rainbow, and think of my little Mikey :angel:, I'll think of you as well!!!!!

A reporter asked if there are any suspects....he walked out of the room not answering.
To me, that means they do have someone in mind. LE also believes it is not a stranger abduction. MOO

To me, that means they do have someone in mind. LE also believes it is not a stranger abduction. MOO
I agree. It must mean they do have some evidence that it was someone he knew since they are quick to classify it was not a stranger abduction.

"death was NOT an accident" - could be interpreted as he didn't wander off and accidentally fall into the canal OR it could be interpreted that whoever killed him did it with intent (versus "accidentally" hurting/killing him)? Or, it could mean that it was not an accident that he was in the canal... still so many questions.

Saying that it was not an abduction is the same as saying it was someone he knew, as far as I'm concerned.

MOO

They are just making sure they have all their i's dotted and t's crossed, so there is no chance the person(s) responsible will get off. I have faith the investigation will be swift and thourough.

Oh I agree they are just making sure everything is done so nothing can be thrown out for any reason. I just really expected an arrest since it was rumored he was released from the hospital today. He is serious flight risk and I would think that unless they have a warrant they cant sit outside his door. Could he call harassment and tell them if they arent going to make a charge then they need to not sit at his doorstep? Not saying they are literally sitting at the door, but if they suspect he is even the slightest flight or suicide risk they will watch over him every second

I think Kerns may have been trying to get inside the perps head with those statements. Make him/her think that LE knows exactly what happened, and they might as well confess.

I think Kerns may have been trying to get inside the perps head with those statements. Make him/her think that LE knows exactly what happened, and they might as well confess.
Good thought! MOO

Thanks all for the updates - I missed the presser - homicide and not a stranger abduction. No surprises but would have liked to hear the determination in LE's voice. The forensics and investigation will be thorough.

Rest in peace Robert - you would have loved playing king of the hill and steal the flag with my boys - damm, why weren't you allowed to live and play like other little boys. CPS (or whoever the agency that was involved) needs to be held accountable along with the murderers. I am very angry right now that we as a civilized society still allow morons to be near children who will harm them. There is no such thing as a throw away child and that is what they are doing - there is no excuse - nada - none - no child is a throw away.

That does sound very logical now that you mention it. He spoke with sternness like he was directly talking to the person who did this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member